Tom Ashbrook fired for abuse. Looks like I'm done with NPR for good.

NPR has been really good the last couple of years. No idea what OP is on about. 1A is really good morning show, Joshua Johnson is turning into a very solid host.

But it turns out he is an asshole boss and several people accused him of bullying and innappriate touching.

I get it. 2018 is going to be the year of the woman so anybody accused has to go. I just have no use for NPR anymore.

hello Ice That Jaw,

Ashbrook was (and is) still a tremendous journalist.

i don't put any credence into the allegations that he was some horrible boss. he came out of the newsrooms at the Boston Globe, back when broadsheets still ruled the day. if anyone has spent any amount of time in the newsroom at a major daily paper, they'd know that its a really salty atmosphere.

people have sharp elbows in that trade, both male and female alike..and great editors can be tyrants - sometimes they have to be. journalists are, by and large, very much a bunch of cowboys.

that's life at a major daily paper, and that's the atmosphere that most hard driving editors encourage. its tough and its kind of brutal - and it pays pretty lousy.

people that can't cut it should go into public relations or writing ad copy. maybe go into teaching.

me2 needs to give it a rest.

- IGIT

So, logically you must be done with faux news, the Republican party and Trump too?

Seeing you care so much about abuse and all.

I don't care about abuse like you do. If it happens within my reach then I will make a decision on how to act. Otherwise, I live my life. But I have a feeling that you are not ok with that. You want me to get foot stamping mad about abuse that I have zero control over.

I don't care about abuse like you do. If it happens within my reach then I will make a decision on how to act. Otherwise, I live my life. But I have a feeling that you are not ok with that. You want me to get foot stamping mad about abuse that I have zero control over.

You could not watch Faux, and not vote for abusers. Simple no?

Back