Tom Brady Choked. James White Was Last Year's MVP.

Belichick should've swallowed his pride stop being stubborn and played Butler. Win another Super Bowl then cut or trade him after the season.
I agree, although Butler is an unrestricted free agent. Bill is either trying to get his price down in hopes of re-signing him on the cheap, or Butler is in his doghouse and he's holding a grudge. I like Butler and hope he gets paid somewhere else. I'd like to keep him, but seems like a long shot now.

505 yards, 3 touchdowns, zero interceptions against the 4th best defense in the league.

What a choke job.

You are truly retarded in every sense if you believe Tom Brady choked yesterday.

Joe Montana never would have fumbled. He would have laughed at how much time he was given to win the game.

Brady fumbled.

lmao

You mean the Niners losing to Giants 49-3 in the playoffs never happened? The strip sack on Montana never happened either?

choking would be not showing up and putting up trash numbers like Lebron did against the mavs in 2010. Brady broke records and the offense in general put up over 600 yards. historic numbers for the playoffs and the defense failed them. they forgot how to tackle. not putting butler in was so stupid, he is the best tackler in the secondary and it cost the pats the game

You mean the Niners losing to Giants 49-3 in the playoffs never happened? The strip sack on Montana never happened either?

I never will forget where I was at when the Giants beat the 49ers in the Super Bowl.

I'm a Pats fan. The Pat's D couldn't stop the Eagles... especially on third down. That's why Philly won.

Tom played amazing and had nothing to do with the loss.
I was about to say something similar offense scores points defense wins games.

Letting Philly put over 40 points let them win. I think pats had 5th rank defense an second rank offense in the NFL.

Josh will take over in 2 years an Bill moves to ownership stake an front office. Tom will get an ownership stake an front office too. Robert will hand the operation to his son.

He choked. If the team would have won, he would have been given all the credit. Even when Malcolm Butler caught the game winning interception, everybody was talking about "Tom Brady is so clutch," the guy was on the bench when the game was being won.

QBs get way too much credit. Nick Foles proved that if you insert a competent QB in a good team, all he has to do is not turnover the ball, and the team will have a great chance to win the game.

No. Nick Foles was not just a "competent" QB. He played great all through the playoffs and in the Super Bowl. Plenty of great play from the Eagles, but the MVP was clear. Foles earned it.

Brady had a very good game. The Eagles and Foles had a better game.

Belichick and Patricia.... Not so much.

No. Nick Foles was not just a "competent" QB. He played great all through the playoffs and in the Super Bowl. Plenty of great play from the Eagles, but the MVP was clear. Foles earned it.

Brady had a very good game. The Eagles and Foles had a better game.

Belichick and Patricia.... Not so much.
Tom Brady choked. A backup QB who was ready to retire and become a pastor was slotted in a great team, and the team won the Superbowl. Another example, Noodle Arm Peyton Manning was slotted in a great Broncos team, and they won the superbowl. There are plenty more examples.

QB is the most overrated position in all team sports. The position doesn't even play all phases of the game, and yet, gets all the credit for the win. Nick Foles wins, "He was such a great QB. he deserves MVP."

But let us look at the flip side of the coin, Tom Brady lost, so why is it the defense's fault? If Tom Brady hadn't fumbled, and the team had won, nobody would be talking about the defense. LOL

Tom Brady choked. A backup QB who was ready to retire and become a pastor was slotted in a great team, and the team won the Superbowl. Another example, Noodle Arm Peyton Manning was slotted in a great Broncos team, and they won the superbowl. There are plenty more examples.

QB is the most overrated position in all team sports. The position doesn't even play all phases of the game, and yet, gets all the credit for the win. Nick Foles wins, "He was such a great QB. he deserves MVP."

But let us look at the flip side of the coin, Tom Brady lost, so why is it the defense's fault? If Tom Brady hadn't fumbled, and the team had won, nobody would be talking about the defense. LOL

You watch too much ESPN. Peyton didn't play great, but he played better than the opposing QB. He wasn't the MVP though. Which is the exception.

There is a reason 29/52 and 9 of the last 12 Super Bowl MVPs were QBs.

While it is true that teams win Super Bowls and one player does not win, no player is nearly as important in every single game of the season and especially the playoffs as the QB.

Nick Foles might have been a backup, but he is defined by how he finished and the quality of play that got him there. Not by where he started. I would call it myopic, but it is really just plain dumb to say otherwise.

I agree, although Butler is an unrestricted free agent. Bill is either trying to get his price down in hopes of re-signing him on the cheap, or Butler is in his doghouse and he's holding a grudge. I like Butler and hope he gets paid somewhere else. I'd like to keep him, but seems like a long shot now.

Butler is gonna be gone or he should be if he has a shred of pride. I hate to see him go, but there is no way you can stick around after that. Watching Bademosi out there in place of Butler was the hardest part of the game to watch.

Had a bad feeling before the game, felt like the AFC Championship against Denver a few years back, some guys coming off being hurt just for this game, others missing since earlier in the season/before it began, defense having troubles despite keeping scores reasonably low, had a couple rough games near the end of the season they should have done better in...

They come into the game and make some key mistakes (missed field goal in both, missed extra point kick in SB, snapper giving away snaps in AFCC, the sack/fumble in the SB, both games had them going for it on fourth and failing, giving the opponents the ball where I believe both eventually scored, etc.), come back to nearly win the game, but lose it late. They just felt off all game. Brady's only real issue was not taking the sack and trying to make the throw, but his line did its' job all game, so he probably had confidence in them.

Love them or hate them though the Patriots have never had a boring Superbowl, they have all been down to the wire nailbiters and great games.

Butler is gonna be gone or he should be if he has a shred of pride. I hate to see him go, but there is no way you can stick around after that. Watching Bademosi out there in place of Butler was the hardest part of the game to watch.
100%. Great post.

QBs don't win games. Team win games. Finally, I won't have to listen to the media suck off Tom Brady tomorrow.

LOL

Tom Brady is complete garbage. He ended a long standing tradition of giving the Philadelphia Eagles shit for never having won a Super Bowl.

Tom Brady is complete garbage. He ended a long standing tradition of giving the Philadelphia Eagles shit for never having won a Super Bowl.
The guy has 5 Superbowls. I wouldn't call him garbage. He just choked versus the Eagles. It happens.

I wouldn't say choked, but that fumble was hilariously well timed. Not being able to catch that pass was far worse from a 'his play cost them' perspective, but his wife had already told everyone he couldn't catch.

I wouldn't say choked, but that fumble was hilariously well timed. Not being able to catch that pass was far worse from a 'his play cost them' perspective, but his wife had already told everyone he couldn't catch.

Yeah, Brady played great untill it mattered most. You can't fumble the ball with the game on the line and not take shit for it. He's still the man, but he's no longer all time great clutch.

QBs don't win games. Team win games. Finally, I won't have to listen to the media suck off Tom Brady tomorrow.

LOL
Nick Foles SB MVP.

Tom has how many SB wins and appearances?

Exactly. I had to watch the game with the sound off.

Tom Brady is the greatest QB in the history of the NFL. However, the QB position is the most overrated position in all team sports. A QB doesn't even play all phases of the sport, and he gets most of the credit for the team's success.

NFL is the ultimate team sport, and American sports commentary try to make it about one player. Shit makes no sense to me. LOL
What position is the most important on the team?

Yeah, Brady played great untill it mattered most. You can't fumble the ball with the game on the line and not take shit for it. He's still the man, but he's no longer all time great clutch.

The whole second half it mattered most. How many yards did he have in the second half? What's his QBR in the last 3 Superbowls in the fourth quarter?

The dude is as clutch as it gets.

How fucking stupid.

Back