Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan TV Series (Season 2 Full Trailer)

tom clancy sucks. His books always lead to nothing.

1509074897574.jpg

Lol this is some weird fan fic

Great final episode. I like the villain of the season formula it works for Strike Back and it works for Jack Ryan.

Thought on the whole this was kind of mediocre.

A story centered on one character inevitably ends up with a number of contrived scenarios to keep him at the heart of the action, and this was no exception.

I prefer shows based on teams, where you can have any one of a number of characters involved in big events. Fauda did this really well; while there was definitely one main protagonist, the supporting characters were so strong you were just as invested in what they were doing when the plot focused on them.

This show flat sucks. The whole point of the story, a story about American CIA agents chasing murderous terrorists, P.S., is that America is evil and the cause of the world's problems. LITERALLY the only relatable characters in the whole show are the terrorists they're chasing.

Thought it was Funny or Die or some viral spoof when I saw the first trailer. Hilaribad casting.

This show flat sucks. The whole point of the story, a story about American CIA agents chasing murderous terrorists, P.S., is that America is evil and the cause of the world's problems. LITERALLY the only relatable characters in the whole show are the terrorists they're chasing.

The only thing I appreciated about this show was the fact they made the villains human, and resourceful. I never considered them relatable because nothing justifies murderous terrorism, but I loved the origin of the two brothers, the scars, and the forging of hatred. The writers gave them an excellent reason to hate, but I don't think they ever wanted the audience to like them or even think they were decent on any level.

I didn't care even a little bit about any of the characters at all, no Americans, no terrorists. It's weird because everyone had a cool backstory, but that was all. No great performances, no personality at all.

Krasinski turned out to be a bad decision, he was all wrong for this. He kept making the "Jim exasperated face" from the office, and it was impossible for me to take him seriously. I like Wendell Pierce but didn't buy him at all as the world weary American Muslim.

The only thing I appreciated about this show was the fact they made the villains human, and resourceful. I never considered them relatable because nothing justifies murderous terrorism, but I loved the origin of the two brothers, the scars, and the forging of hatred. The writers gave them an excellent reason to hate, but I don't think they ever wanted the audience to like them or even think they were decent on any level.

I didn't care even a little bit about any of the characters at all, no Americans, no terrorists. It's weird because everyone had a cool backstory, but that was all. No great performances, no personality at all.

Krasinski turned out to be a bad decision, he was all wrong for this. He kept making the "Jim exasperated face" from the office, and it was impossible for me to take him seriously. I like Wendell Pierce but didn't buy him at all as the world weary American Muslim.

I understood it to make the story over the first episode and a half, but then the political agenda just got too stupid. It wasn't just the brothers story line, it was all of the politics put into it. The drone pilot, Greer being "the real Muslim" character, never missing an opportunity to present the Western World as a whole as racist and oppressive.

I totally agree with this. The characters are empty shells with the names of Tom Clancy characters, who they don't even seem to actually be based on, for story purposes and little else. The Jim Greer storyline drives me up the wall. In the books he was an admiral whose wife stood by his side while he died horribly from cancer, at that marriage was sort of a central part to his character. In the show he's not only a divorced failure, but he's a Muslim to boot.

Pierce is always going to excell as long as he plays this sort of character, because he's essentially playing Bunk Moreland, just with a different name. I don't mean to make that sound like a disparagement of his ability, but it almost seems as if the writers came to him and said "He Wendell, we want you play Bunk Moreland in this show, but we're just going to call you Jim. Think you can do that?"

Really bad show, people stupid all around and Jack Ryan had plenty of chances to stop the terrorist and just stops running.

I understood it to make the story over the first episode and a half, but then the political agenda just got too stupid. It wasn't just the brothers story line, it was all of the politics put into it. The drone pilot, Greer being "the real Muslim" character, never missing an opportunity to present the Western World as a whole as racist and oppressive.

I totally agree with this. The characters are empty shells with the names of Tom Clancy characters, who they don't even seem to actually be based on, for story purposes and little else. The Jim Greer storyline drives me up the wall. In the books he was an admiral whose wife stood by his side while he died horribly from cancer, at that marriage was sort of a central part to his character. In the show he's not only a divorced failure, but he's a Muslim to boot.

Pierce is always going to excell as long as he plays this sort of character, because he's essentially playing Bunk Moreland, just with a different name. I don't mean to make that sound like a disparagement of his ability, but it almost seems as if the writers came to him and said "He Wendell, we want you play Bunk Moreland in this show, but we're just going to call you Jim. Think you can do that?"

I do agree on the switch on Greer from Navy Admiral to Muslim. Not really needed and drastically changes the character. That said the character is well acted and I enjoy his ruthlessness and his managerial style shown.

They do a good job of showing the political bullshit and incompetence of many senior leaders of the Intel community.

Also shows the war is not black and white and sometimes bad guys and good guys have complex motives.

It could have been much much worse with the current trend of remakes.

I feel Amazon delivered a watchable series, Krasinski delivers. But then again I never watched The Office so i don't have association of him as Jim Halpert.

I just binged it. A lot of people were complaining about Greer but man it was a good series. I know a lot of people are going to nit pick but I really enjoyed it.

I just binged it. A lot of people were complaining about Greer but man it was a good series. I know a lot of people are going to nit pick but I really enjoyed it.
I'll join the it was good crowd alongside you, I enjoyed it for what it was. Kept me entertained, the actor that played the main bad guy shined. He showed a full range from the beginning when he was just trying to get a job to the very end when he was full on revenge mode.

I do agree on the switch on Greer from Navy Admiral to Muslim. Not really needed and drastically changes the character. That said the character is well acted and I enjoy his ruthlessness and his managerial style shown.

They do a good job of showing the political bullshit and incompetence of many senior leaders of the Intel community.

Also shows the war is not black and white and sometimes bad guys and good guys have complex motives.

It could have been much much worse with the current trend of remakes.

I feel Amazon delivered a watchable series, Krasinski delivers. But then again I never watched The Office so i don't have association of him as Jim Halpert.

It was ok, IMO. The last 3 episodes redeemed it a little. Waayy too much over the top propaganda for me. IMO they made Greer Muslim because they had to have a "real Muslim" who offset the terrorists. Best ridiculous, non sarcastic quote of the show: "Being an international terrorist doesn't mean you have to stop caring".

I really enjoyed it.
Whatever happened to the drone pilot? I lost track of him after he went to Syria.

There were a few moments in the series I was like “Ahh, that’s so Jim!.” Regardless, I liked it. I will watch season 2.

It seems a woman showed her decent natural boobs.

The office guy turned out bette tha expected.

Don't know if any of this is true, but check these quotes from Fischer:

“[John Krasinski] wasn’t just the best Jim — he was Jim,” Fischer says of the audition process. “I remember the day we met. As I was being shown to the actor’s holding room, he was just being called in to read with another potential Pam … As he passed by, he introduced himself, and we shook hands. It was if lightning struck through the center of the room.”

“John and I were walking out of an audition scene, and he suddenly turned to me and whispered, ‘You’re my favorite Pam. I hope you get this job. It was exactly as sweet and cute and supportive as anything Jim would say to Pam. I smiled really big and said, ‘I’m so glad you said that because you’re my favorite Jim and I don’t think anyone could do it except for you.'”

Jenna also wrote about how the showrunners created arguably the most iconic first kiss in television history, saying the whole cast and crew knew they had just "filmed one of the best first kisses on television.”

“When he walked away, I felt completely transported into a new reality. I was Pam, I was talking with my mother, and my heart was breaking,” writes Fischer. “I spoke into the phone, telling her I was in love with Jim, but I couldn’t confess my feelings to him. Suddenly, Jim walked in the door. I turned and saw him and my heart felt like it might burst out of my chest. I wanted so much to tell him how I felt, but before I could, he kissed me. It was perfect.”

This isn't the first time Fischer has sung her co-star's praises. Last year, she spoke of that same chemistry on Watch What Happens Live, saying “There’s a real part of me that is Pam and a real part of him that is Jim, and those parts of us were genuinely in love with one another."

Garbage show, throwing it’s transparent political agenda at viewers, only the intellectually deficient would enjoy such a show.

Massive disappointment (not that it had potential being on tv) and a great disrespect to Tom Clancy and his works.

Back