Tom Lawler cut by the UFC

I think the TUF season he was on was the best one after TUF 1. The Polish Experiment, Ryan Bader, Junie Browning, Lawler, Kingsbury, etc. Mir and Nog as coaches? That season was prob the 2nd best TUF season ever. Maybe I'll re watch it in the future if I need something to binge on.

UFC tossed most of these dudes like used meat but they helped build the franchise.

He said on Filthy Four Daily that he asked UFC for his release after his suspension so he could have a few fights in Japan and end his MMA career. They repeatedly refused him so he started doing pro wrestling a few times a month.

And just last Wednesday he brought up that he was gonna go back to UFC to make some money, guess he could try Bellator now. His buddy Seth Petruzelli works for WWE as a striking coach and Matt Riddle just got signed but Tom didn't seem high on the idea that WWE would want him in comparison.
img_2687.jpg

How much steroids is this guy taking

Not happy about this one. Always a fan of Filthy Tom. IMO he got robbed against both Corey and Carmont. His record in the UFC should be 8-3.

That's fucked up.......If they didn't want him, why did they let him waste his career waiting for USADA suspension to expire?

Fuck the UFC.

because his suspension still would have been honoured by the athletic commissions.. not like he could have fought elsewhere (except like Japan)

His Dan Severn impression was priceless. The way he used his shirt to wipe the sweat from his armpits before wiping his face was comic brilliance.

If popping for PEDS grants you an immediate and unconditional release, its like having virtually no punishment. You're then free to fight for the competition or overseas.

I thought Tom would make a good commentator or panel analyst.

He's good at co-hosting on Wrestling Observer radio.
He's got a strong knowledge of MMA & wrestling history.

That's fucked up.......If they didn't want him, why did they let him waste his career waiting for USADA suspension to expire?

Fuck the UFC.
Arent suspensions actually done by an AC? I guess if he goes to other leagues where USADA doesnt apply he might still be suspended under AC rules, i could be wrong tho.

I think the TUF season he was on was the best one after TUF 1. The Polish Experiment, Ryan Bader, Junie Browning, Lawler, Kingsbury, etc. Mir and Nog as coaches? That season was prob the 2nd best TUF season ever. Maybe I'll re watch it in the future if I need something to binge on.

UFC tossed most of these dudes like used meat but they helped build the franchise.
It sure was. Don't forget Tom's best part in that series:

Dave "I can't be knocked out" Kaplan

He literally got put to sleep to the point of snoring and still denied he was out...lol.

while that is very nice, he would have been kept in the usada testing pool and wouldnt have been allowed to get on that wrestling steroid diet.

so they kindda gypped him there.

didn't stop him from doing what he was doing outside the cage. wouldn't shock me if he with wwe soon.

Hope he finds a decent org if he chooses to continue his mma career. Lawlor is a fucking king

It sure was. Don't forget Tom's best part in that series:

Dave "I can't be knocked out" Kaplan

He literally got put to sleep to the point of snoring and still denied he was out...lol.

I forgot about Kaplan, he was a character too. Will rewatch the series one of these days when I need something to binge.

Back