'Tonight Show' cancels Norm Macdonald after MeToo comments

TidWell

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Norm Macdonald got caught slipping, be careful man.

"The Tonight Show" canceled an appearance by Norm Macdonald after criticism of his comments about the MeToo movement and fellow comedians Louis C.K. and Roseanne Barr.

In a statement, NBC said it canceled Tuesday's appearance "out of sensitivity to our audience."

The former "Saturday Night Live" cast member told The Hollywood Reporter he was "happy the # MeToo movement had slowed down a little bit." Macdonald said people used to receive a second chance, but now "there is no forgiveness."

Macdonald mentioned Louis C.K, who was accused of sexual misconduct, and Barr, who was fired from her show in May.

"There are very few people that have gone through what they have, losing everything in a day. Of course, people will go, "What about the victims?" But you know what? The victims didn't have to go through that," Macdonald said.

Macdonald later tweeted an apology and said he would never "defend their actions."

His new talk show, "Norm Macdonald Has a Show," debuts Friday on Netflix.

https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainmen...ancels-norm-macdonald-metoo-comments-57768320

Norm Macdonald Apologizes for "Minimizing the Pain" of Roseanne, Louis C.K. Victims
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/n...mizing-pain-roseanne-louis-ck-victims-1142466

Powerful white men must stop giving opinions on matters.

#NotSurprised.

Just another step towards villanizing everyone that's not 100% balls deep into the leftist agenda.

And Norm should have known by now that apologizing only fuels the fire used to burn careers and reputations to the ground.

Powerful white men must stop giving opinions on matters.

You mansplanin?

Pretty much any man has to at this point. I have yet to see someone just say “fuck you yeah I meant what I said, I’m not apologizing” but then again I don’t have thousands of twitter warriors looking to ruin my life, career, and my means of financial support

NBC? The same network that tried to bury the Weinstein story? Same network where Matt Lauer locked women in his office with his special button on his desk? That NBC?

More triggered snowflakes can't handle comedy.

What he said looks terrible in print, but he's right that forgiveness should be a part of this, and that the consequences are out of scale with the harm done in some cases.

Norm Macdonald got caught slipping, be careful man.

"The Tonight Show" canceled an appearance by Norm Macdonald after criticism of his comments about the MeToo movement and fellow comedians Louis C.K. and Roseanne Barr.

In a statement, NBC said it canceled Tuesday's appearance "out of sensitivity to our audience."

The former "Saturday Night Live" cast member told The Hollywood Reporter he was "happy the # MeToo movement had slowed down a little bit." Macdonald said people used to receive a second chance, but now "there is no forgiveness."

Macdonald mentioned Louis C.K, who was accused of sexual misconduct, and Barr, who was fired from her show in May.

"There are very few people that have gone through what they have, losing everything in a day. Of course, people will go, "What about the victims?" But you know what? The victims didn't have to go through that," Macdonald said.

Macdonald later tweeted an apology and said he would never "defend their actions."

His new talk show, "Norm Macdonald Has a Show," debuts Friday on Netflix.

https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainmen...ancels-norm-macdonald-metoo-comments-57768320

Norm Macdonald Apologizes for "Minimizing the Pain" of Roseanne, Louis C.K. Victims
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/n...mizing-pain-roseanne-louis-ck-victims-1142466

Hopefully everyone who knows Norm knows, with absolute certainty, that that "apology" is a completely insincere put-on.

Hopefully this kerfuffle doesn't derail his upcoming Netflix series. I do not agree with Norm's politics or religion but he is, IMO, the funniest MOFO in the game today.

Norm McDonald is the funniest comedian in history according to many in here

Nice that Norm has empathy for his friends' suffering, but he fucked up bringing in the victims the way he did. Good he apologized and clarified, I have always been a Norm MacDonald fan, guy has made me laugh a lot over the years, and I don't think he would walk back those comments if he really meant them the way they came across.

He probably should've left the victim comment out of it.

Pretty sure Norm's made a career out of saying things a lot more offensive than this.

Dang, I like Norm a lot, that sucks. He is good on the tonight show as well. I didn't know he was appearing, but I am sure I would have seen it a few days after the fact on YT or something.

wish people would twitter bomb that Taylor Grant person who called him out. Fuck her.

Surprised he hasn't been blackballed for alleging that Bill Clinton killed a guy.

What he said looks terrible in print, but he's right that forgiveness should be a part of this, and that the consequences are out of scale with the harm done in some cases.
But think of the plants...

Back