'Tonight Show' cancels Norm Macdonald after MeToo comments

It’s very hard being a creep in 2018 and creepshaming needs to stop

Norm is funny but he isn't that funny. It's def a different type of Stand up.

I can name a bunch of better Stand up comedians throughout the different eras where you laugh much harder the entire time they're on stage. People make it seem like he's the beginning and end of stand up comedy. heck Dave Chappell has two stand up specials where you'll laugh harder than anything norm has done.

Norm seems very disgruntled the last 10 years or so. I think it's because he's never really had that big of a hit like so many of his contemporaries. He's probably difficult to work with behind the scenes and turned off many people in the business

Lets hope netflix does not cancel his Show. Its strange nowadays that actually Speaking the truth can lead to bs like this, mostly because of a few idiots with no meaningful life.

@AgonyandIrony

The level of annoyance I'm at over this is x1000 lol. It's getting ridiculous. I make one fucking comment on Facebook and like thirty open mic losers have been testing my patience for the last four hours so I'm on edge about this subject.

First bit of advice, fuck Facebook

Second, never, ever, listen to an open mic “comedian “

Norm is funny but he isn't that funny. It's def a different type of Stand up.

I can name a bunch of better Stand up comedians throughout the different eras where you laugh much harder the entire time they're on stage. People make it seem like he's the beginning and end of stand up comedy. heck Dave Chappell has two stand up specials where you'll laugh harder than anything norm has done.

Norm seems very disgruntled the last 10 years or so. I think it's because he's never really had that big of a hit like so many of his contemporaries. He's probably difficult to work with behind the scenes and turned off many people in the business
I agree Norm has been kinda bad for a long time. But his work is really good, and even if not to your taste it's exceptional.

His style is unique and extremely hard to pull off (this can't be overstated, it's like playing guitar with your dick), the dry sarcasm that hits with absolutely perfect timing, the incredulous garbling of words that builds to it, the words he chooses to enunciate and how he keeps in character through it all, how his inflection turns that garbled speech into something like a poetic meter, his use of anticipation when he skips beats and makes you wait, I could go on but as an avid spectator I find what he does to be fucking incredible, in its niche anyway.

I could imagine performing like Louis CK or any number of other comics, but I couldn't imagine pulling off Norm's style, not in a million years. And he has gotten me rolling really fucking hard a number of times. Sorry I just had to put some hespect on the man, even though I despise nearly every serious word that comes out of his mouth.

Norm is the goat of goats

Literally anyone who is anyone in comedy will tell you Norm is piss your pants funny, if you don’t like Norm, you don’t like comedy

I agree Norm has been kinda bad for a long time. But his work is really good, and even if not to your taste it's exceptional.

His style is unique and extremely hard to pull off (this can't be overstated, it's like playing guitar with your dick), the dry sarcasm that hits with absolutely perfect timing, the incredulous garbling of words that builds to it, the words he chooses to enunciate and how he keeps in character through it all, how his inflection turns that garbled speech into something like a poetic meter, his use of anticipation when he skips beats and makes you wait, I could go on but as an avid spectator I find what he does to be fucking incredible, in its niche anyway.

I could imagine performing like Louis CK or any number of other comics, but I couldn't imagine pulling off Norm's style, not in a million years. And he has gotten me rolling really fucking hard a number of times. Sorry I just had to put some hespect on the man, even though I despise nearly every serious word that comes out of his mouth.

Like I would watch Bill Hicks, Robert Klein, Carlin, prime chris rock. Prime CK, prime Burr, even guys like Garry Shandling over Norm just about any day of the week.

I don't dislike norma comedy at all, or his brand of dry sarcastic comedy, it's just that there are so many comedians where you'll just laugh much harder the entire time. I do appreciate the way he does his sets and his particular bits, a lot of them are very witty and funny.

i did really enjoy his "Clean Roast" that time. If I'm not mistaken it was the Bob Saget roast. That was really really well done.

Like I said earlier Norm has never really made it "big" like so many of his contemporaries. Heck even artie Lange made it bigger than him. I think it's because he's a very difficult person to deal with and he doesn't have tons of mainstream crossover appeal. He's more for the hardcores I think.

Like I would watch Bill Hicks, Robert Klein, Carlin, prime chris rock. Prime CK, prime Burr, even guys like Garry Shandling over Norm just about any day of the week.

I don't dislike norma comedy at all, or his brand of dry sarcastic comedy, it's just that there are so many comedians where you'll just laugh much harder the entire time. I do appreciate the way he does his sets and his particular bits, a lot of them are very witty and funny.

i did really enjoy his "Clean Roast" that time. If I'm not mistaken it was the Bob Saget roast. That was really really well done.

Like I said earlier Norm hasn't never really made it
No argument there, lots of guys I would pick over Norm. I don't think he's an all-timer, not quite.

Robert Klein holy shit. Underrated, and haven't heard his name in a long time. His phrasing is great.

I've stayed away from the Louis stuff, and the Roseanne stuff, but I'm currently risking my career because of these motherfuckers. I'm sick of it, and right now a bunch of open micers are trying to paint me as a bad person on social media because of it but fuck it.

Nothing Norm said was wrong. In no way did he defend the actions of those involved. He made a valid point in the same style Norm has always spoken since the early nineties.

Dude fuck Twitter. I'm sick of hearing "this isn't the hill to die on". The conservatives are attacking comics over jokes and ruin careers, the sjws are trying to ruin careers. People need to settle down and shut the fuck up. You can have a contrasting opinion without having your life ruined you cunts.

You ain’t risking shit son, you literally have 1 YouTube follower.

No argument there, lots of guys I would pick over Norm. I don't think he's an all-timer, not quite.

Robert Klein holy shit. Underrated, and haven't heard his name in a long time. His phrasing is great.

I love Klein, he's comedy royalty, at least IMO.

I think most comedians recognize his importance and that he's a comedy icon

@Fawlty Norm sucks. I'd take Jon Lovitz over him.

@AgonyandIrony If you're still real broken up about this the next time you roll through Missouri, you should stop in and do a set for @Fawlty while he rubs one out in front of you. It can be therapeutic for both of you rascally devils.

Win motherfucking win.

Well, that's rude. Everyone starts somewhere.

Fallon is an unfunny hack who is scarred of even a sniff of controversy since he had Trump on.

Bingo.

Fallon was the perfect replacement for Leno: completely inoffensive, uncreative, and unfunny to anyone with a functioning brain.

@Fawlty Norm sucks. I'd take Jon Lovitz over him.

@AgonyandIrony If you're still real broken up about this the next time you roll through Missouri, you should stop in and do a set for @Fawlty while he rubs one out in front of you. It can be therapeutic for both of you rascally devils.

Win motherfucking win.
He came through a few months ago and I couldn't make it downtown. Apparently, there was a lez bdsm party upstairs in the club, so your suggestion might have worked.

Norm is a master at what he does. I can understand people not liking him though. Jon Lovitz is where people go when hell runs out of room.

Wow this is where humans have greatly evolved to, such progress......also this is how you get Trump

YouTube is for the bitches bruh.

I suggest looking into one of my tour threads or following me on Social media if you think I'm just flexing.

It's a lame overreaction, anybody who read that interview and got offended clearly went in looking to be offended. Twitter is a really bad place to look for popular opinion, since there's essentially zero positive feedback ever given, you'd need to calibrate your trend interpretation to baseline somewhere between bad and terrible to get an honest assessment of what the response on social media actually means.

@AgonyandIrony

The level of annoyance I'm at over this is x1000 lol. It's getting ridiculous. I make one fucking comment on Facebook and like thirty open mic losers have been testing my patience for the last four hours so I'm on edge about this subject.

First bit of advice, fuck Facebook

Second, never, ever, listen to an open mic “comedian “
Oh I know but facebook is important for promotion/ knowing events. Especially since I'm hardcore anti twitter.

I'm pretty anti open mic cats to begin with. But they reeeeee the loudest, god knows I did when I was an open micer.

No escape from the hecklers eh @AgonyandIrony ?

So it seems lol.

Norm is one of those comedians who is funny at just about anything he does, except stand up. Great writer, great actor, great interview, great host...so-so stand up comedian.

What he said looks terrible in print, but he's right that forgiveness should be a part of this, and that the consequences are out of scale with the harm done in some cases.
Yeah, I agree.
People don't learn. These tweets are ending careers. Stay off Twitter, dummies.
It's too easy for a joke, or statement to be taken the wrong way. What he tweeted looks bad, but he isn't completely wrong.
Louis CK and Roseanne didn't rape or murder anyone. Should their careers end because they said or did some dumb shit? There has to be a path back.

Back