'Tonight Show' cancels Norm Macdonald after MeToo comments

Yeah, I agree.
People don't learn. These tweets are ending careers. Stay off Twitter, dummies.
It's too easy for a joke, or statement to be taken the wrong way. What he tweeted looks bad, but he isn't completely wrong.
Louis CK and Roseanne didn't rape or murder anyone. Should their careers end because they said or did some dumb shit? There has to be a path back.

I don't think people were mad at the "second chances" comments. It's the "victims didn't have to go through that" comment, that set people off.

I don't think people were mad at the "second chances" comments. It's the "victims didn't have to go through that" comment, that set people off.
Yeah, I agree. Im just agreeing with the general point of his tweet.
People nowadays are far too often picking out one or two words of a paragraph, or a side point, and ignoring the overall message.

I remember seeing a bunch of rage articles when Louis did his first show after being gone. People were appalled that he had "the nerve" to show his face again. It's been like a year...? How long are you supposed to stay in hiding?
The guy can apologize or not, But he should be free to work if people want to hire him.

Yeah, I agree. Im just agreeing with the general point of his tweet.
People nowadays are far too often picking out one or two words of a paragraph, or a side point, and ignoring the overall message.

I remember seeing a bunch of rage articles when Louis did his first show after being gone. People were appalled that he had "the nerve" to show his face again. It's been like a year...? How long are you supposed to stay in hiding?
The guy can apologize or not, But he should be free to work if people want to hire him.

The weird thing with Norm is that you can never tell when he's being serious. Honestly, the victim comment sounds like a Norm MacDonald punchline. The apology seemed overly apologetic, and sarcastic. You just can't tell with that guy. He's definitely a guy who would mock this stuff, and I think he might be doing it now in a very meta way.

No one watches the tonight show... Norms the man... Fuck off you quasi-virtuous sensationalists...

Just a note for hystorical porpoises (actually, it's for reactionary, paranoid, lying Trump fans), nobody in this thread had a major problem with Norm over this. There was only one harsh criticism, but that was still on point and wasn't calling for consequences. Keep it in your pocket for the next time you're about to bitch about the "SJW" War Room.

Norm is the goat of goats

Literally anyone who is anyone in comedy will tell you Norm is piss your pants funny, if you don’t like Norm, you don’t like comedy

Damn.

I like pretty much all the people that get the "comedian's comedian" label like Greg Giraldo, Patrice O'Neal, and Dave Attell, but Norm I don't get at all. Like, nothing.

Just a note for hystorical porpoises (actually, it's for reactionary, paranoid, lying Trump fans), nobody in this thread had a major problem with Norm over this. There was only one harsh criticism, but that was still on point and wasn't calling for consequences. Keep it in your pocket for the next time you're about to bitch about the "SJW" War Room.

*Ventures into Serena Williams threads*

No.

Got The View on (no homo). Norm is coming on after this commercial break. The piece before this commercial break was about the head of CBS being fired amidst the #metoo movement. So should be interesting.

Awkward, slow paced interview. Norm has got to be trolling hard at this point, or has relapsed badly lol.

Lmao, Norm is in fact a genius. Highlights the stupid twitter outrage, using tic-tacs. Getting the hosts of the view to downplay their viewers at home.

Norm is one of those comedians who is funny at just about anything he does, except stand up. Great writer, great actor, great interview, great host...so-so stand up comedian.
That's how I feel about Rogan. Hilarious on his podcast, hilarious in the booth for the UFC but dogshit on stage.

Wow this is where humans have greatly evolved to, such progress......also this is how you get Trump

Nope.

Stupid people voting for Trump are still the reason we got Trump. #PersonalResponsibility

Predictably arrogant.

If Democrats vote for Jenny McCarthy for President, I promise I won't deflect responsibility from them by saying "derrr hurrr it was because the Republicans were so condescending to us that we had to prove them wrong by being even dumber than they were saying we were!"

So you are comparing Rosanne to Hitler?

This is how retarded you dorks have gotten. You should honestly save Hitler comparisons for, you know, genocidal maniacs

heeb.jpg

Well to be fair, she does look a lot like him here

I appreciated this interview with Norm:

If Democrats vote for Jenny McCarthy for President, I promise I won't deflect responsibility from them by saying "derrr hurrr it was because the Republicans were so condescending to us that we had to prove them wrong by being even dumber than they were saying we were!"

To be fair, the worst part about that is the hypocrisy.

I didn't read all 7 pages, but did anyone mention that the tonight show doesn't even deserve Norm at this point in time?

Back