Tonight Show Host Jimmy Fallon Says Making Fun Of Trump Is 'Just Not What I Do'

TidWell

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Apparently according to this Huff Po article he is in danger of falling to third in terms fo ratings, apparently Huff Po believes with that statement that if he wants to gain ratings he needs to hop on the wagon and bash trump like Kimmel and Colbert.

Why not start making attacks on Weinstein since it effect their industry and hits closer to home?

Fallon already said he isn't political and does not really care about politics and rather focus on pop culture, yet its like they are looking at him as if he is not normal for not following every hollywood liberal and bashing trump

Jimmy Fallon Says Making Fun Of Trump Is 'Just Not What I Do'

In the ratings battle between the late night hosts, Jimmy Fallon is currently in danger of slipping to third place behind Jimmy Kimmel. Fallon already lost claim to the top ratings spot to Stephen Colbert earlier this year, but now a once huge lead over the other Jimmy has evaporated to just a few hundred thousand viewers.

The dramatic downward trajectory is likely due to Fallon’s decision to refrain from having hard-hitting segments about President Donald Trump’s administration, while Colbert and Kimmel have had massive success doing just that.

Amid the ratings drop (and to promote Fallon’s new children’s book, Everything Is Mama), fellow NBC show “Sunday Today” will have Fallon on for an interview about “The Tonight Show” this weekend. As a teaser, “Today” released a segment of the interview where host Willie Geist asks Fallon why he isn’t going after Trump.

“It’s just not what I do,” Fallon said in response. “I think it would be weird for me to start doing it now. I don’t really even care that much about politics. I’ve got to be honest. I love pop culture more than I love politics. I’m just not that brain.”

I love pop culture more than I love politics. I’m just not that brain. Jimmy Fallon
Critics have branded Fallon as being too soft for these times ever since he had Trump on as a guest back during the current president’s candidacy. In that interview, Fallon infamously ruffled Trump’s hair.

Geist asked if Fallon should pivot in the direction that other late night hosts have and start presenting a stronger reaction to this presidency.

“No, I mean, I think the other guys are doing it very well,” Fallon said. “Colbert’s doing great, I mean that’s what he’s good at. He’s always into like a political comedy. I think when it’s organic, I’ll dip into it as well.”

Fallon pointed out that he made “thousands of jokes” about Obama, but that the bleakness of Trump’s presidency makes it hard for him to find the funny side.

“With Trump, it’s just like every day’s a new thing he gives uh, you know, a lot of material,” Fallon said. “A lot of stuff is hard to even make a joke about because it’s just too serious.”

• This article originally appeared on HuffPost.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/jimmy-fallon-says-making-fun-133404775.html

I stopped watching late night because I figured all of them were all politics all the time. Guess I'll have to give Fallon another shot.

Good that he's sticking to his principles. It would be weird because he seems like such a nice guy. I agree that he isn't funny though, and pretty lousy at interviewing. Although he is still better than Colbert at interviewing..

For late shows, it started with Stephen Colbert, but he's been doing it for years. Jimmy Kimmel jumped on that bandwagon since Trump got elected. They're both going hard at it. It's been a trend in the entertainment industry for years now, celebrities thinking they're the moral compass for society when they're some of the most morally bankrupt individuals. I care about the political stance of celebrities as much as I care about financial advice from homeless junkies.

They should learn from the GOAT:

Last edited:
Good that he's sticking to his principles. It would be weird because he seems like such a nice guy. I agree that he isn't funny though, and pretty lousy at interviewing. Although he is still better than Colbert at interviewing..
I like his humor. He's goofy and seems authentic. And I will always laugh at someone who laughs at their own jokes. I loved him on weekend update. Jeez, maybe I have a crush in him.

I don't like Fallon much, but he's got all of the fuck you money and he does his own thing as an artist, so there isn't a reason to go out of his way to do jokes that he can't get behind.

I used to just watch Leno and Letterman, and Conan back when he was on NBC, they had some funny skits, especially Letterman with his undercover stuff.

How anyone watches the shit colbert and the likes of trevor noah put out is beyond my understanding

I felt like they should have given Letterman's show to Norm Macdonald. But I guess he probably would have messed it up somehow eventually.

Plus most respectable comedians are ignoring talking about Trump. Eventually people get tired of orangutan, cheeto, goofy hair, small hands and urination jokes.

Apparently according to this Huff Po article he is in danger of falling to third in terms fo ratings, apparently Huff Po believes with that statement that if he wants to gain ratings he needs to hop on the wagon and bash trump like Kimmel and Colbert.

Why not start making attacks on Weinstein since it effect their industry and hits closer to home?

Fallon already said he isn't political and does not really care about politics and rather focus on pop culture, yet its like they are looking at him as if he is not normal for not following every hollywood liberal and bashing trump

Jimmy Fallon Says Making Fun Of Trump Is 'Just Not What I Do'

In the ratings battle between the late night hosts, Jimmy Fallon is currently in danger of slipping to third place behind Jimmy Kimmel. Fallon already lost claim to the top ratings spot to Stephen Colbert earlier this year, but now a once huge lead over the other Jimmy has evaporated to just a few hundred thousand viewers.

The dramatic downward trajectory is likely due to Fallon’s decision to refrain from having hard-hitting segments about President Donald Trump’s administration, while Colbert and Kimmel have had massive success doing just that.

Amid the ratings drop (and to promote Fallon’s new children’s book, Everything Is Mama), fellow NBC show “Sunday Today” will have Fallon on for an interview about “The Tonight Show” this weekend. As a teaser, “Today” released a segment of the interview where host Willie Geist asks Fallon why he isn’t going after Trump.

“It’s just not what I do,” Fallon said in response. “I think it would be weird for me to start doing it now. I don’t really even care that much about politics. I’ve got to be honest. I love pop culture more than I love politics. I’m just not that brain.”

I love pop culture more than I love politics. I’m just not that brain. Jimmy Fallon
Critics have branded Fallon as being too soft for these times ever since he had Trump on as a guest back during the current president’s candidacy. In that interview, Fallon infamously ruffled Trump’s hair.

Geist asked if Fallon should pivot in the direction that other late night hosts have and start presenting a stronger reaction to this presidency.

“No, I mean, I think the other guys are doing it very well,” Fallon said. “Colbert’s doing great, I mean that’s what he’s good at. He’s always into like a political comedy. I think when it’s organic, I’ll dip into it as well.”

Fallon pointed out that he made “thousands of jokes” about Obama, but that the bleakness of Trump’s presidency makes it hard for him to find the funny side.

“With Trump, it’s just like every day’s a new thing he gives uh, you know, a lot of material,” Fallon said. “A lot of stuff is hard to even make a joke about because it’s just too serious.”

• This article originally appeared on HuffPost.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/jimmy-fallon-says-making-fun-133404775.html

Trump does a perfect job all on his own.

Didn't want to believe the rumors but it seems pretty clear now that Fallon is a closet neo-Nazi. Sad!

Great, he's still not funny...

This is pretty much it. I was never a fan of Colbert on Comedy Central, but he's been hilarious since coming to CBS in a move that was uncharacteristically bold for CBS given that they usually go with super safe programming that is devoid of substance or edge (Two Broke Girls, Big Bang Theory, NCIS, etc.).

However, Fallon just isn't funny. He seems like a really nice kid: he really does. But he's not funny.

Still funnier than Leno, though. I honestly never understood why people liked Jay Leno. Ted Cruz is funnier than Jay Leno.

I felt like they should have given Letterman's show to Norm Macdonald.

Norm's hands would be tied by network television. His web show, NML, is far better than anything on the shit box.

This is pretty much it. I was never a fan of Colbert on Comedy Central, but he's been hilarious since coming to CBS in a move that was uncharacteristically bold for CBS given that they usually go with super safe programming that is devoid of substance or edge (Two Broke Girls, Big Bang Theory, NCIS, etc.).

However, Fallon just isn't funny. He seems like a really nice kid: he really does. But he's not funny.

Still funnier than Leno, though. I honestly never understood why people liked Jay Leno. Ted Cruz is funnier than Jay Leno.
I'd like to point out that while I liked this post, I couldn't disagree more strongly with your first sentence. How could you find him funny now, but not on the Report? Madness.

Norm's hands would be tied by network television. His web show, NML, is far better than anything on the shit box.

I agree that his web show is great.

You would think that if Colbert can say that Trump is Putin's "Co** holster" on air, then Norm Macdonald could do his own brand of humor. But Norm is relentlessly Norm. He'd end up getting kicked off the network for one thing or another.

I'd like to point out that while I liked this post, I couldn't disagree more strongly with your first sentence. How could you find him funny now, but not on the Report? Madness.

The Report was just annoying after about the first year. The shtick got old to me and his staying in character really defanged where he could go with his jokes.

I was a much bigger fan of The Daily Show. I don't find Stewart all that funny either, but I really enjoy him as a political commentator. Very intelligent and articulate guy.

The Report was just annoying after about the first year. The shtick got old to me and his staying in character really defanged where he could go with his jokes.

I was a much bigger fan of The Daily Show. I don't find Stewart all that funny either, but I really enjoy him as a political commentator. Very intelligent and articulate guy.
I also liked the Daily Show.

I also liked the Daily Show.

I always found John Oliver to be the funniest of the group. Unless we're counting Steve Carrel. Carrel is legitimately the most talented guy in Hollywood. Incredibly nuanced actor and just hilarious.

Back