Tonon stays undefeated with high elbow guillotine win

Can't wait to watch his passing develop. Penn --> Hioki --> Tonon FTW.

Nice use of butterfly guard in the first round to stand up.

Last edited:
Hioki???? Tonon is 10x the grappler hioki will ever dream to be...

Tonons passing game is sick by the way

Agreed 100%. Hioki is only on that list for having good inside underhook/dope mount passing. Tonon and DDS are taking that style to the next level with leg pummeling, submission entries, etc.

Agreed 100%. Hioki is only on that list for having good inside underhook/dope mount passing. Tonon and DDS are taking that style to the next level with leg pummeling, submission entries, etc.

I love dope mount, in mma it’s awesome, subgrappling these days, too risky

Can't wait to watch his passing develop. Penn --> Hioki --> Tonon FTW.
Dope that you like Hioki. I almost never see his game but I'm a huge fan. And even though he lost it, his fight with Oliveira is one of my favorites in UFC history. Classic fight for grappling fans.

I'm sure someone here has mentioned it before but Tonon is maybe in my top 3 in terms of his ability to stay on a submission and chase it no matter where it goes. He's like a dog with a bone. His guillotine over Dale and his darce over Luis are quick ones that come to mind. Once he gets that neck you can move anywhere you want and he's going to stick with you.

I was interested to see if he would abandon this mentality in MMA to not risk ending up on bottom but it's cool to see that he's still got the same mentality.

I'm sure someone here has mentioned it before but Tonon is maybe in my top 3 in terms of his ability to stay on a submission and chase it no matter where it goes. He's like a dog with a bone. His guillotine over Dale and his darce over Luis are quick ones that come to mind. Once he gets that neck you can move anywhere you want and he's going to stick with you.

I was interested to see if he would abandon this mentality in MMA to not risk ending up on bottom but it's cool to see that he's still got the same mentality.
I agree with this, he could make a really big splash on MMA grappling culture if he is successful.

I'm concerned about the pace at which his striking is developing and I'm a big fan of his.

It doesn't seem like he's picking it up quite as readily. Especially after what I'm sure is at least a year of training.

His Jiu Jitsu is A-1 but he's going to need to get that striking game up to acceptable if he wants to progress in MMA. This guy shouldn't be cutting him under his eye at this point.

He did have some nice leg kicks though.

Last edited:
I'm concerned about the pace at which his striking is developing and I'm a big fan of his.

It doesn't seem like he's picking it up quite as readily. Especially after what I'm sure is at least a year of training.

His Jiu Jitsu is A-1 but he's going to need to get that striking game up to acceptable if he wants to progress in MMA. This guy shouldn't be cutting him under his eye at this point.

He did have some nice leg kicks though.

a lot of guys are better in the gym than in fights especially with striking as its all about confidence you can always grapple when under pressure even boxers when start to lose tries to clinch he needs more experience in the cage so he is more confident to let himself go

iv boxed since i was 14 and have no problems boxing in amateurs but in mma i always feel afraid to open up so i wrestle more at times

Nice smooth finish

He needs a step up in competition now. Enough of fighting guys with 0.50 records

Back