Tony Bellew the New Undisputed Champion?

FightGuyOpenMind

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Bellew v Usyk

I'm not following the cruiserweight division too heavy. Can anyone inform me on what to expect from this matchup? Bellew refers to Usyk as the "monster". However, Bellew also announces he is "not a man that believes he is just going to lose".

Nov 10th, how's it going down?

Bellew v Usyk

I'm not following the cruiserweight division too heavy. Can anyone inform me on what to expect from this matchup? Bellew refers to Usyk as the "monster". However, Bellew also announces he is "not a man that believes he is just going to lose".

Nov 10th, how's it going down?

Usyk is going to absolutely embarrass him.

Usyk is the best cruiserweight of the last 20 years.
Bellew is 35 years old but still at his peak and I'd fancy him against any cruiser not named Usyk or Briedis.
Bellew is game and durable enough to go 12 rounds but Usyk simply has too much ability for him. This should be fairly routine.

Bellew is 35 years old but still at his peak and I'd fancy him against any cruiser not named Usyk or Briedis.
Bellew is game and durable enough to go 12 rounds but Usyk simply has too much ability for him. This should be fairly routine.

The cruiserweight division has always eluded my attention. Apparently Usyk has made claims he wants Joshua. If he enters the HW Division how does he fare?

Usyk will box Bellew up cleanly, and if Belles sees the final bell he’s going to have endured a serious beat down.

Usyk could outbox AJ, his movement, speed and cardio is amongst the best in the world of boxing. That said, he’d have to be very cautious in his approach and stink out the arena. He doesn’t have the power to bother Joshua, but he does have the acumen to make him look lumbering and win on points. Not my ideal HW matchup.

I always felt this division should be deeper. Athletes and people in general are bigger nowadays. I myself am already close to 200lbs. I am not out of shape or anything either.

HW, or super HW will always be biggest draw. But if you want lighter, and faster action, without losing too much power, Cruiserweights ought to be the next option. Instead we have manlets like Pacman, or Canelo being the biggest draws. Why watch midgets fight?

Plus with the HWs getting even bigger and taller, the guys 6ft to 6'3" can find a home in CW. Maybe Povetkin should have been in this division his whole career.

A couple years of training for an ancient David Haye will not prepare Bellew for this guy. He is going to be taking some crushing shots when he rushes forth.

I always felt this division should be deeper. Athletes and people in general are bigger nowadays. I myself am already close to 200lbs. I am not out of shape or anything either.

HW, or super HW will always be biggest draw. But if you want lighter, and faster action, without losing too much power, Cruiserweights ought to be the next option. Instead we have manlets like Pacman, or Canelo being the biggest draws. Why watch midgets fight?

Plus with the HWs getting even bigger and taller, the guys 6ft to 6'3" can find a home in CW. Maybe Povetkin should have been in this division his whole career.

It's funny you say that. "Why watch midgets fight?" Had a guy I know say he came to a revelation in the gym; he is a competitive fighter. He says this whole time he has been taking advice from and watching little guys fight. He did this because they are the ones that are publicized.

Then one day he had an epiphany, he questioned why? He said they're giving him advice but he weighs 40 pounds more than them. The guys are taller, bigger, and hit different in his weight class. Now he only studies how big guys fight. Anything under MW he says he doesn't watch lol minus Errol Spence.

Just funny you said that. Reminded me of his rant; he went off for like 5mins to me about this. It was like he just discovered the cure for some illness. lol

Yeah I agree. However I think he has a 50/50 against Briedis. gassiev on the other hand would be a horrible fight for bellew. He gets knocked out in that

HW, or the stacked and definitely existent SHW division, will always be the biggest draw? HW hasn't been the top draw since the 90s.

HW, or the stacked and definitely existent SHW division, will always be the biggest draw? HW hasn't been the top draw since the 90s.
Nice catch. In before he claims he was talking about amateur boxing's Super Heavyweight division, which is just the pro Heavyweight division's equivalent.

Lol Usyk is a funny guy. He told Bellew "I'm not a superstar, I'm boxing"

Bellew has been trying to get a pic with Loma lol. Says he's a fan of Usyk but an even bigger fan of “his friend” and makes a hand gesture toward Loma. At least he has good taste in fighters.

@ 4:04
“I've got no disrespectful things to say about him. He's an amazing champion. I'm a fan. I'm an even bigger fan of his friend. I really am, the guy's amazing. You know, I've probably asked one man for their picture in this whole world and I'm gonna ask him again. That's going to be the second man today.” – Tony Bellew

Pacman and canelo put on more exciting fights than him, and personality wise, I think he has personality but the main audiences who speak English or Spanish can't connect with him

I just cannot see a way that Bellew wins, but yet he keeps surprising the fuck out of me

Bellew called him a monster and Usyk replied that he isn't a monster, he is white rabbit? Guess that's an Alice in Wonderland character reference @ 3:23.

I just cannot see a way that Bellew wins, but yet he keeps surprising the fuck out of me
Meh. Haye is simply a ghost at this point.

You know its funny. Throughout history a lot of great fighters towards the end of their career lose to a guy who has no buisness being in the ring with them In their primes. Relatively accepted part of boxing

But this guy Bellew beats the ghost of david haye and I swear to god you would think he was some combination of Robinson and Foreman with the way he walks around.

So like i said in another thread. I am not that high on Usyk. But i think i will enjoy him making Bellew looks ridiculous

Meh. Haye is simply a ghost at this point.

You know its funny. Throughout history a lot of great fighters towards the end of their career lose to a guy who has no buisness being in the ring with them In their primes. Relatively accepted part of boxing

But this guy Bellew beats the ghost of david haye and I swear to god you would think he was some combination of Robinson and Foreman with the way he walks around.

So like i said in another thread. I am not that high on Usyk. But i think i will enjoy him making Bellew looks ridiculous

In all fairness he won the wbc belt and defended it before the haye fight. Both by early ko. That’s his legacy!
He may not the most technical boxer, but he can bang, is tough as nails and has as much heart as any fighter. Usyk will outclass him, but there is no shame in that. I agree with an earlier post, other than usyk and gassiev (imo), he can beat any of the other CWs when he’s on it

Back