Tony Bellew the New Undisputed Champion?

In all fairness he won the wbc belt and defended it before the haye fight. Both by early ko. That’s his legacy!
He may not the most technical boxer, but he can bang, is tough as nails and has as much heart as any fighter. Usyk will outclass him, but there is no shame in that. I agree with an earlier post, other than usyk and gassiev (imo), he can beat any of the other CWs when he’s on it
I appreciated his ko over Makabu although he got his ass dropped hard in the 1st and I wouldnt consider Makabu at the world level at all. I also liked his fights with cleverly

His wins over Haye were exciting mostly because of how embarrassing it was for haye.

And ill also add this (although it feels like i am piling on here.)

Go back and watch that first Haye fight after he ruptures his ACHILLES TENDON. The next five rounds Bellew literally STILL goes life and death with a guy with a ruptured ACHILLES TENDON. Seriously Haye continues landing cleanly on him despite having a ruptured ACHILLES TENDON. And bellew basically had to push him over with his body weight to get haye to fall and the fight stopped LOL

It was absurd and one of the more embarrassing things i have ever seen. Which makes him walking around the way he does even more ludicrous

HW, or the stacked and definitely existent SHW division, will always be the biggest draw? HW hasn't been the top draw since the 90s.

I have heard boxing pundits say that the HW is suppose the premier division because they are the biggest guys, best athletes, therefore greatest spectacle the sport can offer. When boxing was at its zenith, HWs were at the front. Then go to say things like the health of the industry and the sport is ebb and flows with the depth of the HW division.

I always felt this division should be deeper. Athletes and people in general are bigger nowadays. I myself am already close to 200lbs. I am not out of shape or anything either.

HW, or super HW will always be biggest draw. But if you want lighter, and faster action, without losing too much power, Cruiserweights ought to be the next option. Instead we have manlets like Pacman, or Canelo being the biggest draws. Why watch midgets fight?

Plus with the HWs getting even bigger and taller, the guys 6ft to 6'3" can find a home in CW. Maybe Povetkin should have been in this division his whole career.
Povetkin would've had more issues with Huck, who probably deserved to win their fight at HW.

But Cruiserweight is pretty deep division. It's just there is 1 that is at the top of the heap right now and most of the rest don't speak english so no one pays attention in the "major markets". But the tournament they just had delivered on many levels and showed how deep it was and that was without the likes of Krzysztof Glowacki and Noel Gevor

I'm a bit nervous about it.

For years, Bellew was a chubby, loud mouth Liverpudlian light heavy, European level fighter known for his rivalry with the likes of Ovill McKenzie and Nathan Cleverly.

Then, for some reason he's in a Hollywood blockbuster, is knocking out cruisers to become the WBC champ, beats (kinda) Haye twice and is now going for all four belts.

I'm nervous because he will be absolutely intolerable if he wins and I'm a fan.

Haye's first fight with Bellew was the most attention he ever got in his career with the exception of the Wlad fight.
Bizarre considering there were no titles on the line and both fighters were nearing retirement.

Usyk will better tony. Tonys heart will be a big factor in the battering he will recieve. Tony is not expected to win never mind be competitive.

It's a rocky fight.

For years, Bellew was a chubby, loud mouth Liverpudlian light heavy, European level fighter known for his rivalry with the likes of Ovill McKenzie and Nathan Cleverly.

Then, for some reason he's in a Hollywood blockbuster, is knocking out cruisers to become the WBC champ, beats (kinda) Haye twice and is now going for all four belts.

You don't have to worry, he's not going to beat Usyk. Something seriously fucked up would need to happen for Bellew to beat Usyk, like 3 Adelaide Byrds scoring the fight. The odds are 9/2 against Bellew winning and I think that will increase.

It's funny you say that. "Why watch midgets fight?" Had a guy I know say he came to a revelation in the gym; he is a competitive fighter. He says this whole time he has been taking advice from and watching little guys fight. He did this because they are the ones that are publicized.

Then one day he had an epiphany, he questioned why? He said they're giving him advice but he weighs 40 pounds more than them. The guys are taller, bigger, and hit different in his weight class. Now he only studies how big guys fight. Anything under MW he says he doesn't watch lol minus Errol Spence.

Just funny you said that. Reminded me of his rant; he went off for like 5mins to me about this. It was like he just discovered the cure for some illness. lol
It IS funny to think about it. We get all googly over dudes that weight 147 - 160 lbs. I haven't seen 160lbs since I was 13yrs old...lol

You don't have to worry, he's not going to beat Usyk. Something seriously fucked up would need to happen for Bellew to beat Usyk, like 3 Adelaide Byrds scoring the fight. The odds are 9/2 against Bellew winning and I think that will increase.

I really hope so man. Bellew has had success with his left hook as of late and I have the dreadful images of him throwing it, KOing Usyk then crying and yelling in the post fight interview for twenty minutes.

Usyk via being very feel.

But seriously I think he's going to box Bellew up and probably move up to Heavyweight and the next WBSS Cruiser can pick up the pieces.

Every fckin scouser I know would be intolerable if that happened, let alone bellew. It won’t happen (I did think this about the first haye fight though!)

It IS funny to think about it. We get all googly over dudes that weight 147 - 160 lbs. I haven't seen 160lbs since I was 13yrs old...lol

Most Westerners are overweight but don't realize it.
I think it's pretty obvious that someone like Joe Smith Jr is an above-average sized man, even if he's actually below-average weight for an American adult male.

Last edited:

Lol true. I still wouldn't fight Canelo or GGG. The power those little dudes can produce is crazy.

I have heard boxing pundits say that the HW is suppose the premier division because they are the biggest guys, best athletes, therefore greatest spectacle the sport can offer. When boxing was at its zenith, HWs were at the front. Then go to say things like the health of the industry and the sport is ebb and flows with the depth of the HW division.

I mean, you said:

HW, or super HW will always be biggest draw.

Clearly a false statement (again the SHW division doesn't exist in pro boxing). Let's assume that you just mean that they tend to be. They weren't in the 80s or the 50s (that's 4 of the last 7 decades where they weren't the dominant division). When boxing is at its strongest, HW does tend to be thriving, but boxing has also been plenty healthy when HW has been utter shit.

Also, this shit is ridiculous:

Instead we have manlets like Pacman, or Canelo being the biggest draws. Why watch midgets fight?

If you didn't care for watching prime Pacquiao or either of Canelo's last two fights, you're not a fan of boxing.

Meh. Haye is simply a ghost at this point.

You know its funny. Throughout history a lot of great fighters towards the end of their career lose to a guy who has no buisness being in the ring with them In their primes. Relatively accepted part of boxing

But this guy Bellew beats the ghost of david haye and I swear to god you would think he was some combination of Robinson and Foreman with the way he walks around.

So like i said in another thread. I am not that high on Usyk. But i think i will enjoy him making Bellew looks ridiculous

Haye clearly past it, but I still did not see a way that Bellew - a) beat him and b) legitimately stop him

Most Westerners are overweight but don't realize it.
I think it's pretty obvious that someone like Joe Smith Jr is an above-average sized man even if he's actually below-average weight for an American adult male.
yeah, even guys fighting at 160 are probably bigger than the average in real-terms, they just don't have the layers upon layers of fat bulking them up and have just been through the weight cutting process too

when I pop what a quick google said was the average adult US male height (5ft 9.5) and weight (195lbs) into a BMI calculator, you get this:

2mxfofl.jpg

The cruiserweight division has always eluded my attention. Apparently Usyk has made claims he wants Joshua. If he enters the HW Division how does he fare?

Usyk will get smashed by Joshua.

Pound for pound Usyk would school Joshua but this isn't pound for pound.
Usyk doesn't even hit overly hard at CW, he's more an accumulative puncher hence why he's called the CW Lomachenko but because of that and the reach disadvantage he's not taking out Joshua.

I think he wants the challenge but its more a money fight.

Lol Usyk is a funny guy. He told Bellew "I'm not a superstar, I'm boxing"

The best one was ...........

Commentator: Bellew what do you feel you have to beat Usyk?

Bellew: I've got a punch, Usyk doesn't have KO power but I do.

Commentator: Usyk, what do you think about Bellew saying that?

Usyk: He's kidding.

lol

The best one was ...........

Commentator: Bellew what do you feel you have to beat Usyk?

Bellew: I've got a punch, Usyk doesn't have KO power but I do.

Commentator: Usyk, what do you think about Bellew saying that?

Usyk: He's kidding.

lol

Lmao the timing on that one was tiptop. Bellew had a red face all over.

Back