Tony ferg conor next

Tony himself said he's willing to fight Conor next, and i don't see him winning this fight, when you get dropped 9 times you don't beat Conor standing up

That is the last thing that's happening. Conor secretly knows he isn't beating Tony either. He always knew he was a fraud at LW, that's why he got a GIFT titleshot and never fought a contender before or after winning the belt.

He went 1-1 against Nate. That's his level, a middle of the road LW. He isn't beating anyone in the Top 6.

I would love to see him rematch Max Holloway though. Last time he beat him Max was 21 yrs old and Conor was 25. Now Max is 26 and actually experienced.

conor fought nate at 170lbs, not 155lbs...regardless if you consider nate a LW or not...which is debatable, since nate has fought the best guys at 170lbs..I remember he had to cut weight to make 171lbs, when he fought rory...he only went back down to 155, cause he was getting smoked at WW...but conor is now 1-1 at LW...he's 1-1 WW....

Based on how he looked in a solid seven minutes or so of stand up versus Khabib, Conor's "fast sparking" days may be forever behind him. We shall see, assuming the guy ever decides to put on the gloves again.

conor looking terrible in the standup has zero to do with his actual standup skills...it has 100% to do with khabib's relentless takedown attempts and ground and pound..which gas out his opponents...from the moment the fight started, conor was defending takedowns...by the time conor finally had enough time to standup and throw, he was already to tired..his arms were fatigued...which is why he looked so slow and with no explosiveness....

conor looking terrible in the standup has zero to do with his actual standup skills...it has 100% to do with khabib's relentless takedown attempts and ground and pound..which gas out his opponents...from the moment the fight started, conor was defending takedowns...by the time conor finally had enough time to standup and throw, he was already to tired..his arms were fatigued...which is why he looked so slow and with no explosiveness....

That is the theory of some. But I think it was more than just Khabib's wrestling that affected Conor's game. I think that between fatherhood and the MayMac purse/P12 dollas, we will never see the likes of 2016 McG again. If he ever opts to fight again, we'll all see.

Khabib wants Floyd Mayweather, eventhough the fight doesn't really make sense at this point. The McGregor fight actually made more sense.
I'd rather see Tony vs Khabib than FM.

That is the theory of some. But I think it was more than just Khabib's wrestling that affected Conor's game. I think that between fatherhood and the MayMac purse/P12 dollas, we will never see the likes of 2016 McG again. If he ever opts to fight again, we'll all see.

Very very possible...but his striking was so slow. I think the constant defending takedowns took their toll...Plus, I do think khabib has a deceptively good defense for striking...it's unorothodox, but seems effective.

conor fought nate at 170lbs, not 155lbs...regardless if you consider nate a LW or not...which is debatable, since nate has fought the best guys at 170lbs..I remember he had to cut weight to make 171lbs, when he fought rory...he only went back down to 155, cause he was getting smoked at WW...but conor is now 1-1 at LW...he's 1-1 WW....

I know it was at WW. Which is why I literally said he never fought a LW contender before or after winning the belt. Then in a separate line that he was 1-1 against Nate who is a gatekeeper. And that's all Conor will be himself at LW.

I know it was at WW. Which is why I literally said he never fought a LW contender before or after winning the belt. Then in a separate line that he was 1-1 against Nate who is a gatekeeper. And that's all Conor will be himself at LW.

Not sure..I think conor would ko tony fairly quick...tony just gets hit too easy and often..and his chin is gone...considering pettis nearly stopped him...khabib and lee might always be a tough matchup..but other than them, I'm not sure who would beat conor.

Back