Tony ferguson gonna break conor by cardio

Frode Falch

Steel Belt
Professional Fighter
Reaction score
Tony ferguson got high enough fight IQ to survive the first storm from conor.

I dont see this fight going any other way then ferguson by beat down

Discuss

He is way more dangerous and better fighter than Conor so he can beat him by whatever he wants...

Yeah, hopefully Tony is smart enough to not engage him where he is strongest (In the first few rounds). Floyd was smart enough to let him slow down before crushing him.

Conor via movement, touchbutt and precision

Of the last 10 men each have fought, Conor struggled with maybe 2 of them.

Ferg struggled with 4 or 5 of his last 10.

Is Conor not as good as Castillo, Lando, etc?

He is way more dangerous and better fighter than Conor so he can beat him by whatever he wants...

Yeah i agree. Only thing conor got is a better rear punch.

There is a good chance Castillo would wrestle fuck Conor, so I wouldn't be so hasty to just assume Ferguson would get killed by Conor because he had some troubles with Castillo.

Aside from that, I agree with the TS that Ferguson will pressure Conor to wear him down, but not so blindly as to where Conor will be able to tee off on his chin. He will most likely throw some leg kicks (knowing that there is a 0% chance Conor tries taking him to the ground) and probably quite a few imanari rolls to try and catch Conor or at least bring him to the ground. I don't believe he will just stand and bang with him. He knows better. He knows Conor's ONLY chance to beat him is inside 2 rounds with his left hand. He won't let that happen. He doesn't have to let that happen, unlike Eddie who blindly sat in there and tried to bang with him for the most part.

I see a 3rd or 4th round submission for Ferguson. Conor gasses out, Tony drags him to the ground, snaps that darce choke on him, and that is all she wrote.

Let's not forget Conor struggled with NATE DIAZ of all people. NATE DIAZ.

Conor improved his cardio, he went 30 min with Floyd in a different sport.

Either way Conor's gonna outclass Fergyboy.

In a sport where you ONLY punch. Tony gonna throw everything at him.

In a sport where you ONLY punch. Tony gonna throw everything at him.

Not only that, but Floyd threw 28 punches TOTAL in the first 3 rounds. Of course Conor was able to go longer than usual, he barely had to defend anything for 1/4 fight lol. That will not be the case against Ferguson.

And when I say half the fight, I mean it as a figure of speech.

I wasn’t surprised.

Joking aside, Nate is just a horrible matchup for Conor. I think it's safe to say having watched them go at it twice that cardio was the issue - Nate Diaz was being pulped on both occasions, 90% of fighters don't make it into the second (in both fights). Diaz conditioning is extraordinary.

He probably did improve his cardio for the Floyd bout, however since August he's been drinking and sniffing, so I wouldn't expect marathon level conditioning.

Yeah i agree. Only thing conor got is a better rear punch.

Really? I feel Conor has much better hands, faster, better understanding of distance. Ferg is more creative but he leaves alot of openings.

The obvious advantages Ferg has is his cardio, chin and heart ofc. And prolly his groundgame although i have little clue about BJJ so i dunno about that part.

Want Conor to lose because he's a nuisance, but he probably KOs Tony. If Lando could hurt Tony, Conor can destroy him.

Back