Tony ferguson gonna break conor by cardio

Not a Conor fan, but hoping he knocks tony tf out

Really? I feel Conor has much better hands, faster, better understanding of distance. Ferg is more creative but he leaves alot of openings.

The obvious advantages Ferg has is his cardio, chin and heart ofc. And prolly his groundgame although i have little clue about BJJ so i dunno about that part.
Tony has incredibly proficient bjj. Conor does not want to be under him.

Nate diaz Is far more of a pressure fighter / throws more punches than Tony does. Tony tends to pick his shots a lot more.

If a 185+ pound version of Nate couldn't do It at welterweight, something tells me It's not gonna be quite that simple for Tony to do It at 155..Particularly If he cannot challenge Conor on the feet In the way that a welterweight version of Nate Diaz could.

To me, I see this being a far easier fight than Nate was at 170.

I would expect Tony to be shooting for his life In this one and it remains to be seen how that goes.

Tony Is not Nate Diaz on the feet, not even close. Nate' boxing Is on a completely different level. Tony Is sloppy, very wide and leaves his chin up In the air. I would give Conor the edge In the overall kicking game as well.

You will find that If you're not able to challenge someone on the feet, you will not be able to tire them In a way that someone who can would.

All that said, you guys aren't actually putting any thought Into your analysis. It's all emotion / bias fuelled.
Snape+Approves.gif

Tony ferguson got high enough fight IQ to survive the first storm from conor.

I dont see this fight going any other way then ferguson by beat down

Discuss
Probably. But every time you bet against Conor you probably lose.

I haven't even said a word of my own opinion in how the fight will go, but sure. You keep assuming you know everything like some know-it-all.

If you recall correctly, you used their past few opponents as a way of "predicting" how a fight between them would go. In turn, I used the outcomes of the same fights you used and made a "prediction" based on using the same reasoning. I'm sorry if your own reasoning got you offended.

BTW, I don't like Conor but I'd say it's a 60/40 in his favor if they fought.

So I'm a Conor nuthugger who used reasoning to suggest that Tony will for certain win?

That makes sense, some bold claims you have made.

And no, it wasn't a few opponents, and no it wasn't what I'm basing my prediction off of(though some how going off their last opponents favors Conor) even though I'm picking Tony.

Makes little sense.

So I'm a Conor nuthugger who used reasoning to suggest that Tony will for certain win?

That makes sense, some bold claims you have made.

And no, it wasn't a few opponents, and no it wasn't what I'm basing my prediction off of(though some how going off their last opponents favors Conor) even though I'm picking Tony.

Makes little sense.

I hope you're just a dumb troll, cuz otherwise you'd be some ignorant know-it-all who can't even remember what he's talking about.

When did I claim you to be a Conor nuthugger? Your insecurities are unreal.

Of the last 10 men each have fought, Conor struggled with maybe 2 of them.

Ferg struggled with 4 or 5 of his last 10.

Is Conor not as good as Castillo, Lando, etc?

Let's just hope does okay when, not if, Conor snaps his head back with a straight left like everyone else has been able to do.

Lando isn't even known for having heavy hands and he wobbled Ferg all over the place.

RDA isn't heavy handed but folded Fergs head back repeatedly, ripped round kicks without a problem until the eye poke.

Castillo even cracked him anytime he attempted that OHR.

I know your hate for Conor will cloud your judgement but this isn't an easy fight for Ferg and with his awful defense and Conor's notorious ability to hurt guys, Ferg could get KOd and make it look easy for Conor.

But go ahead and speak in absolutes all you want.

Your original post that I was replying to added with your later responses implies Tony would get KO'ed by Conor, although you claim 50/50 chance. I mean, when you go on and on about how some low-ranked fighters rocked and/dropped Tony and subtly hyping Conor's power...it seems like you're hiding your true thoughts on the matter. Tony COULD get put out cold, but it's funny how you talk of my "absolutes" when I've said nothing about the outcome with even a hint of certainty (or at all).

PS: You didn't use "reasoning" to say Tony will win. If you go by your posts (the two in spoiler), you definitely seem to favor Conor. Especially that first one, that's what I was talking about. You used your "reasoning" to use the last 10 fights as an indication of how the fight will play out. I must of rattled your insecurities, cuz I only pointed out the flaw in your reasoning and you went in circles finding ways to argue it.

I hope you're just a dumb troll, cuz otherwise you'd be some ignorant know-it-all who can't even remember what he's talking about.

When did I claim you to be a Conor nuthugger? Your insecurities are unreal.

Your original post that I was replying to added with your later responses implies Tony would get KO'ed by Conor, although you claim 50/50 chance. I mean, when you go on and on about how some low-ranked fighters rocked and/dropped Tony and subtly hyping Conor's power...it seems like you're hiding your true thoughts on the matter. Tony COULD get put out cold, but it's funny how you talk of my "absolutes" when I've said nothing about the outcome with even a hint of certainty (or at all).

PS: You didn't use "reasoning" to say Tony will win. If you go by your posts (the two in spoiler), you definitely seem to favor Conor. Especially that first one, that's what I was talking about. You used your "reasoning" to use the last 10 fights as an indication of how the fight will play out. I must of rattled your insecurities, cuz I only pointed out the flaw in your reasoning and you went in circles finding ways to argue it.

"The only point I see with your "point" is that Tony may struggle against Conor, but Tony will win."

That's the absolute I was actually mistaken on. It was you referring to my post not claiming Tony WILL win. My mistake.

"I know it's hard for you to understand that not everyone wants to drool over Conor, but try."

You then say this, implying I drool over Conor(a Conor nuthugger) okay not the exact term but close enough. You knew what you were implying.

So according to you, I drool over Conor while saying I'm making a point that Tony will struggle but win. I then pick Tony and you can't seem to fathom I'm not convinced Tony is some super human who can't lose to Tony.

I only talk about Tony struggling in fights because people think he is some unbeatable god who is a 100% lock to beat Conor which isn't the case. That's why I bring up all the fights Ferg has scraped by in. I pick Ferg in a close match up, and you seem to go back and forth on whether or not I'm drooling over one fighter or favoring the other as if I can't look at the fight objectively and say their are pros and cons to both sides.

No i never said their previous fights was a concrete indication of how the fight would go, but that is a pretty strong means of getting an idea of it. If you don't measure fighters based on their recent track record then what do you base them on?

"The only point I see with your "point" is that Tony may struggle against Conor, but Tony will win."

That's the absolute I was actually mistaken on. It was you referring to my post not claiming Tony WILL win. My mistake.

"I know it's hard for you to understand that not everyone wants to drool over Conor, but try."

You then say this, implying I drool over Conor(a Conor nuthugger) okay not the exact term but close enough. You knew what you were implying.

So according to you, I drool over Conor while saying I'm making a point that Tony will struggle but win. I then pick Tony and you can't seem to fathom I'm not convinced Tony is some super human who can't lose to Tony.

I only talk about Tony struggling in fights because people think he is some unbeatable god who is a 100% lock to beat Conor which isn't the case. That's why I bring up all the fights Ferg has scraped by in. I pick Ferg in a close match up, and you seem to go back and forth on whether or not I'm drooling over one fighter or favoring the other as if I can't look at the fight objectively and say their are pros and cons to both sides.

No i never said their previous fights was a concrete indication of how the fight would go, but that is a pretty strong means of getting an idea of it. If you don't measure fighters based on their recent track record then what do you base them on?

Maybe I'm picking the wrong tone from the reading, but it all just came across snobby.

I wasn't implying you are a fanboy of Conor's, just that you want him to win and are trying to mask that wish by saying otherwise. That was brought on from you bringing up past fights. Not going back and forth as to who you choose, just faking support for Tony while rooting for Conor. I assume I am mistaken, so we can forget that.

Anywho, I think we are in agreement that Tony would struggle (even in victory). Only way I see Tony having an "easy" fight is if he is able to get Conor to the ground from the start. On the other hand, I can see Conor knocking Tony out with relative ease (IE Aldo fight). Most likely, it will be a scrap and (hopefully) Tony comes out victorious with a most brutal KO.

Maybe I'm picking the wrong tone from the reading, but it all just came across snobby.

I wasn't implying you are a fanboy of Conor's, just that you want him to win and are trying to mask that wish by saying otherwise. That was brought on from you bringing up past fights. Not going back and forth as to who you choose, just faking support for Tony while rooting for Conor. I assume I am mistaken, so we can forget that.

Anywho, I think we are in agreement that Tony would struggle (even in victory). Only way I see Tony having an "easy" fight is if he is able to get Conor to the ground from the start. On the other hand, I can see Conor knocking Tony out with relative ease (IE Aldo fight). Most likely, it will be a scrap and (hopefully) Tony comes out victorious with a most brutal KO.

Whoa there, don't get it twisted. I want Conor to win. Not only is he entertaining and his quick rise to the top a bit inspirational but to lap up the tears of Sherdoggers who said it's a lock for Tony or that Conor(or any professional fighter) is scared of Tony (any other professional fighter)

But I just think Tony is a bad style match up and has the right tools to beat Conor and is very mentally strong.

I want Conor to win I am just not so sure he can.

Whoa there, don't get it twisted. I want Conor to win. Not only is he entertaining and his quick rise to the top a bit inspirational but to lap up the tears of Sherdoggers who said it's a lock for Tony or that Conor(or any professional fighter) is scared of Tony (any other professional fighter)

But I just think Tony is a bad style match up and has the right tools to beat Conor and is very mentally strong.

I want Conor to win I am just not so sure he can.

Oh Okay. I got confused, I suppose. Working as I try to read and reply. Haha

Anyways, I want Tony to win...but I can see what you mean by the overstatements some make. Tony does get rocked and I think Conor has a very good chance to find it. I just hope he doesn't, and as I said I'd give it 60/40 in Conor's favor.

Discuss

hey man, as a fighter, what do you think is going on with conors cardio? is he just adrenal dumping or is he simply not putting in the road work?

Oh Okay. I got confused, I suppose. Working as I try to read and reply. Haha

Anyways, I want Tony to win...but I can see what you mean by the overstatements some make. Tony does get rocked and I think Conor has a very good chance to find it. I just hope he doesn't, and as I said I'd give it 60/40 in Conor's favor.

Only reason I lean towards Tony is because he has proven he has a chin for days, but you never know which power hitter could finally crack it after so many wars ala Robbie vs Tyron, Cerrone vs Mas, etc. And obviously his cardio and submission skills.

I wouldn't call Nate a top 5 guy by any means and isn't overly skilled but he beat Conor and gave him a war in the rematch mostly on great cardio, great chin, and decent fight IQ which I think Tony has all those and then some.

I honestly want to see how Tony's rolling kneebar does to Conor's bladed stance and if that makes it easier to get him down and use it as a means to secure top position over Conor.

Discuss
Yeah you got it hater... that high fight IQ that allows him to stand there with his chin in the air and he throws...keep dreaming.

Look Nate Diaz kicks Tony's ass all day, better boxer cardio chin and on the ground...People hugging Tony's nuts like the hugged alvarezs' and the others before their heads bounced off the canvas.

Back