Tony Ferguson just had elbow surgery.

Why did eddie jump both of them? He shouldve lost against poirier and already go ko'ed by conor. Hes 2 fights away and thats if conor loses.
Yeah I saw his reply and im like really
I saw on UFC's website that they bumped Alvarez up to #3 in front of Barbosa, interesting to me. If Edson wins, does that mean that Alvarez is next in line vs Tony?
theres no way he deserves another shot, not yet. If thats the case khabib winner vs alverez for number one contender since it seems there is time.

Yeah I saw his reply and im like really

theres no way he deserves another shot, not yet. If thats the case khabib winner vs alverez for number one contender since it seems there is time.

Well, it's interesting in a division with 2 titles and since the Champ is Conor, who knows if and when he'll fight again , so I agree Eddie won't get the "shot" against Conor, but a "shot" against Tony seems more reasonable. I can't see why they'd move him ahead of Barbosa in the rankings and then give Barbosa a rematch with Tony instead of Alvarez (This scenario obviously only makes sense if Barbosa beats Khabib).

Crazy division right now though, found out yesterday that Tony is gonna be out for a while now after having elbow surgery. I think the reasoning was that he was gonna have to wait for Conor anyway, so he might as well go ahead with it. And after Eddie just moved up to #3, I don't even know what to make of the top 5 situation anymore.

I think if Barbosa beats Khabib, Khabib drops down to #4 and Alvarez and Barbosa both move up 1 spot, which means that Alvarez would be the #1 contender to Tony. If Khabib wins, I could see them making Alvarez vs. Khabib for the #1 contender to Tony rather than just giving Khabib the spot because he's not very reliable and they probably want to see him have a little more consistency with fighting before putting him in a position to hold a title, then again who knows if they give a crap anymore.

Then outside of the top 5, you have Lee, Poirier, Cheisa, Johnson and Nate if you're including him, all of these guys I think are looking at signing their next fight soon. Gaitje is #5, I think will get a 6 month medical suspension after his fight, so he's kind of just out of the picture for now. I think it's really difficult to make matchups in this division right now because you have 2 guys in the top 10, Conor and Nate, that no one knows whether they'll actually fight again.

TL : DR - LW is nuts right now.

If you win the interim interim belt does this make you next contender for the real belt, or do you fight the interim holder to become undisputed interim champion? This needs clarification.

Back