Tony Ferguson to Dana White: ‘What the f*ck! Am I your lightweight champion or not?’

It's his own fault if he wants undisputed title he shoulda held out for undisputed title fight whether it be with Conor or Habib. I don't think he really cares though and Areil just trying to stir shit per usual. Tony would have to fight Habib anyway even after he beats Conor so whatever order I'm sure is way he's looking at it.

Tony eve said he doesn't care. Listen 4 min in. He's all as long as I have a game opponent I want to fight screw all that belts and stuff.

Last edited:
I can't understand why Tony would say yes to a fight with Khabib before they strip Conor. I like Tony, he's one of my favorites, but that is just stupid af.

Either refuse to fight anyone except Conor or demand that the UFC strip Conor and make him the real champion before fighting Khabib. Just my 2 cents

Dana must be calling Conor at least 58 times a day. Conor doesn´t answer, Dana´s head getting purple.

Of course Dana wants the most popular (MMA) athlete to have a UFC branded belt.

But Dana/UFC really fucked up on this one.

Lmao, what the fuck are you talking about? You are the one that didn't respond to me. You are the one that is exposed as the MMA virgin, and really just a virgin in general.

You're talking about two top tier back to back wins in 2015, and I can't for the life of me even find one. LMAO!
Master troll confirmed. I tip my hat to you.

He is a prize fighter, he fights for money. He doesn't need money at the moment because he boxed the best boxer of the last 20 years recently and made plenty of money. When he is ready for another paycheck he will fight again it is as simple as that.

Remember, if you're good at something never do it for free.

That's great. When I win the lottery and come in to work when I feel like it then they should run my ass off, simple as that. The company will hang on to the guy because his peckerhead fans think he is cool, but that is changing.
You have to fight to stay relevant and memories are short. Sooner or later people will begin to not give a shit and his leverage will be gone, add the fact that you don't get better by sitting on your ass and the division is not getting easier. Right now there is serious speculation that he is ducking the top guys to protect his leverage because he knows they could possibly son him.

Remember, you have to provide a reason for being paid. The dude is propped up paper and is not the best lw in the ufc. More and more people are starting to see this. He should just take his big payday and retire before he ends up like Ronda.

Dana must be calling Conor at least 58 times a day. Conor doesn´t answer, Dana´s head getting purple.

Of course Dana wants the most popular (MMA) athlete to have a UFC branded belt.

But Dana/UFC really fucked up on this one.

<31>

The biggest misconception in MMA has always been that Dana White is a good promoter.

tomat.gif

I agree with you that Tony and the fans have a right to feel confused and upset about what's happening at LW. I don't get why Dana is pussyfooting around instead of being the boss. Strip Conor? OK. Tony is defending interim, suck it up guys? OK. Even saying "we aren't sure what we are doing just yet, still negotiating" would have some meaning.

My question to you is this though: what does the UFC and Dana gain from Conor not fighting? Conor makes them money by fighting. Right now he isn't making them any money. I get why people might think that Conor doesn't want to fight but still wants to hold the belt. But what's in it for the UFC? Why would Dana protect Conor and help him to not fight?

My opinion
I agree with you that Tony and the fans have a right to feel confused and upset about what's happening at LW. I don't get why Dana is pussyfooting around instead of being the boss. Strip Conor? OK. Tony is defending interim, suck it up guys? OK. Even saying "we aren't sure what we are doing just yet, still negotiating" would have some meaning.

My question to you is this though: what does the UFC and Dana gain from Conor not fighting? Conor makes them money by fighting. Right now he isn't making them any money. I get why people might think that Conor doesn't want to fight but still wants to hold the belt. But what's in it for the UFC? Why would Dana protect Conor and help him to not fight?

I actually have a theory about that but it is pure speculation. Dana is looking to somehow launch his boxing promotion and he may want to use Conor as a part of that. This way he can still get up all red faced at a presser and scream, reigning, defending, until his head looks like it going to pop like a fresh zit, just like he did with Floyd. Either that or he knows that Khabib will kill Conor and all the hype they have built with it. These guys know how to flip the script and for the most part the fans will just accept it, so really, we could see Conor/Nate 3, who knows. I think he was trying to preserve his status for a reason that we may soon learn.

I think this whole undisputed/interim belt BS has something to do with the release of EA UFC 3 where McGregor is on the cover with 2 belts. This game releases february 2nd and I think they don't want to release a game with an outdated cover.. Just my 2 cents.

I think this whole undisputed/interim belt BS has something to do with the release of EA UFC 3 where McGregor is on the cover with 2 belts. This game releases february 2nd and I think they don't want to release a game with an outdated cover.. Just my 2 cents.
But McGregor doesn't have 2 belts anyways

My opinion

I actually have a theory about that but it is pure speculation. Dana is looking to somehow launch his boxing promotion and he may want to use Conor as a part of that. This way he can still get up all red faced at a presser and scream, reigning, defending, until his head looks like it going to pop like a fresh zit, just like he did with Floyd. Either that or he knows that Khabib will kill Conor and all the hype they have built with it. These guys know how to flip the script and for the most part the fans will just accept it, so really, we could see Conor/Nate 3, who knows. I think he was trying to preserve his status for a reason that we may soon learn.
OK thanks for explaining. Interesting ideas, especially the boxing angle.

Back