Tony ferguson vs current welterweight

Ruthless_swag

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
How does he do?
He would be top 5 imo. I know woodley, wonderboy are better but the rest of them are all beatable. He is a huge LW. Is evenly matched wirh most welters too. He is bigger than wonderboy. He is about 180 in cage. He can still fill out his frame. I see him beating almost all top guys barring woodley, usman and wonderbread. I see him beating covington, ponzi too and i love ponzi. Till would be interesting. Usman is a tough proposition though.

It'd be very interesting to see him at WW, honestly. Top 5 is fair.

It's a good question but rly hard to say due to us not seeing him take a fight at WW at the highest level. Would be good to know how his reach compares to the division.

Well he handled RDA pretty well (competitive fight but Tony clearly won) and RDA is doing pretty well. Tony may struggle with bigger, stronger guys who can hold him down a bit better than the LW's.

The only guys I am nearly certain beat him are Woodley, Perry and Wonderboy.

Lmao no Lightweight (Tony & Khabib included) would have a chance against Colby Covington. He would take them both down repeatedly and beat them into a living death.

Yeah, he is always an eyepoke or an illegal upkick away from being on the top of the division.

He for sure beats everyone RDA has fought. I think he beats Woodley as well. Loses to Wonderboy, Usman imo

Well he handled RDA pretty well (competitive fight but Tony clearly won) and RDA is doing pretty well. Tony may struggle with bigger, stronger guys who can hold him down a bit better than the LW's.

The only guys I am nearly certain beat him are Woodley, Perry and Wonderboy.

Perry lol

How does he do?
He would be top 5 imo. I know woodley, wonderboy are better but the rest of them are all beatable. He is a huge LW. Is evenly matched wirh most welters too. He is bigger than wonderboy. He is about 180 in cage. He can still fill out his frame. I see him beating almost all top guys barring woodley, usman and wonderbread. I see him beating covington, ponzi too and i love ponzi. Till would be interesting. Usman is a tough proposition though.
Not trying to fighter bash or anything but am I the only one who thinks his stand up is terrible? He has a slick ground game no doubt about it but he always looks so sloppy on his feet

Maia twists him into a pretzel.

Not trying to fighter bash or anything but am I the only one who thinks his stand up is terrible? He has a slick ground game no doubt about it but he always looks so sloppy on his feet
His stand up defense is atrocious. Chin, recovery and cardio is his defensive game plan.

Lmao no Lightweight (Tony & Khabib included) would have a chance against Colby Covington. He would take them both down repeatedly and beat them into a living death.

Agreed long live Colby Covington!! He will be the goat soon enough!

Back