Tony vs conor. Who got the better striking tools?

Frode Falch

Steel Belt
Professional Fighter
Reaction score
Yeah i know that conor got a very dangerous left punch? But who got most tools that can decide a fight?

I kinda think tony got more ways to hurt a person standing up. While conor got that crazy left punch from hell..

As much as it pains me, I gotta give the striking edge to Conor. But Tony has a way better all around game.

Conor is a much better boxer....

Tony has more overall tools.

Conor is going to hit Tony a significant amount of times in first 7 minutes. And he is NOT going to stop Tony from coming after him. Tony will eventually corner him and competently beat the ever loving fuck out of Conor.

Yeah i know that conor got a very dangerous left punch? But who got most tools that can decide a fight?

I kinda think tony got more ways to hurt a person standing up. While conor got that crazy left punch from hell..

lol

Power Cunner...Accuracy Cunner
Creativity....Tony.....Pace Tony..

Until he gasses out, Conor would dominate Tony on the feet.

Conors obviously got the better hands, but Cucuy has a more diverse skill-set.

Throws a lot of kicks, and slices mo-foz up in the clinch with elbows.

I think Conor wins. But I'd be rooting for Tony.

In terms of effectiveness, Conor until he gasses. Kind of like first round prime BJ before he gasses although I think BJ had better defense at his prime

Is pretty obvious that conor got better kicks,hands.unless you're a ferg nuthugger

Conor has the better short game, Tony has the better long game

Obviously conor is all about the left hand and early TKO.

Tony can throw loads of different strikes with both sides from both stances. his body kicks and knees will hurt you over time, and he'll train you with the jab and uppercuts to be a sitting duck for step-in and spinning elbows, knees etc.

With Tony you think you've adapted to one thing(like the distance on the jab), he'll get you with something else nasty

the problem for conor in this fight is tonys size, it will be an uncomfortable distance for conor, a distance hes not used to. see nate diaz

Connor Vs Ferguson will be the first 1 round title fight.......not 3 and not 5 rounds, Connor is talking to Dana as we speak......

Obviously Conor has the better boxing, and slightly better striking defense (when he's fresh.) Some people on here, mainly hardcore Conor fans, severely underrate Tony's striking. His reach and unorthodox techniques, like the face splitting elbows that come in from weird and unexpected angles, have been giving some pretty good lightweights fits for a while now.

Striking and Timing I give to Conor
Everything else goes to Tony. Wrestling, Grappling, BJJ, Cardio, kicks...

Definitely Conor on the feet. for the first 2 rounds anyway. All tony has to do is survive and turn up the pace in third round, then he subs him.

Striking and Timing I give to Conor
Everything else goes to Tony. Wrestling, Grappling, BJJ, Cardio, kicks...

Yep, that's about the gist of it. Conor has far better boxing, and Tony has absolute shit defence. However, Tony has a solid chin, recovers quick when he is hurt, and has top tier cardio. I give him the edge.

And Frode, left hand from hell? Dunno man, I kind of feel like it's long and accurate and perfect for picking off manlets, but pure power? Not so much.

KlutzyLegalEmperorshrimp-small.gif

Back