Tony won't be champ long.

Eli1015

Martial Artist
@Brown
Reaction score
I like Tony. He's a character and a half. He's exciting. Funny. And a creative striker. But he won't be champ for long. It's not even his fault either. It's just the matchups in his future look bleak. If he fights Conor next, Conor will KO him inside 3 rounds. His striking is too open, gets hit way to much. Against a counter striking genius like Conor it won't end well. It goes similiar to the Eddie fight.

Or. He fights khabib. Khabib is such an unbelievable wrestler/Grappler. He will shoot on Tony within minutes of round one and either finish him with GnP, or just dominate him over 5 rounds.

His championship will be short lived

Or he could go the Conor route and just not defend. He will be champ for at least a year.

Or he could go the Conor route and just not defend. He will be champ for at least a year.
He would be smart too. But he's not the champion even if you disagree. If Conor decides to fight Tony in like March, he has no choice.

If he becomes champ at all...

He doesnt get hit as much as you think. Still has a virgin nose at 33 and comes out clean from his fights. He rolls a lot. He will make Conor panic wrestle like Diaz did with even greater pressure and kicks which Conor hates. He's also longer than DIaz with a great jab. Khabib is a tougher fight.

I wish Conor had balls to fight Tony and Khabib.

A) It is not a given Tony loses either of those fights. Dumb troll thread.

B) Conor KO inside of 3 rounds? Being a fanboy I would think you would realize if it doesn't happen inside of 2, there won't be a KO by Conor...no gas tank.

A) It is not a given Tony loses either of those fights. Dumb troll thread.

B) Conor KO inside of 3 rounds? Being a fanboy I would think you would realize if it doesn't happen inside of 2, there won't be a KO by Conor...no gas tank.
Troll thread? It's an educated Fan/Martial artist analysis. Conor is the wayyyy better striker. And khabib is the wayyy better Grappler.

I don't take issue with people saying Tony would lose. But comparing Tony to Eddie? Thats just stupid. They could not be more different both physically and stylistically. The fight would be nothing like Conor vs Eddie.

Troll thread? It's an educated Fan/Martial artist analysis. Conor is the wayyyy better striker. And khabib is the wayyy better Grappler.

Sorry if you are oblivious, I figured you knew that presenting you points (and they are valid opinions) as definitive is kind of a troll move. Maybe I'm just old school and it's accepted nowadays to present your argument on a subject as fact or foregone conclusions.

"If he fights Conor..." If he fights the guy who's been an uninjured champ for well over a year with nothing signed who's already been stripped for not defending?

<36>

"If he fights Conor..." If he fights the guy who's been an uninjured champ for well over a year with nothing signed who's already been stripped for not defending?

<36>
Ok? I said IF. If he doesn't. Khabib is right there. He loses to either of them.

If he does like Conor he will be champ a long long time because you have to fight somebody to lose the belt.

He would be smart too. But he's not the champion even if you disagree. If Conor decides to fight Tony in like March, he has no choice.
Tony next fight should be Conor and only Conor.

If it is anyone else it needs to be for the real title.

I like Tony. He's a character and a half. He's exciting. Funny. And a creative striker. But he won't be champ for long. It's not even his fault either. It's just the matchups in his future look bleak. If he fights Conor next, Conor will KO him inside 3 rounds. His striking is too open, gets hit way to much. Against a counter striking genius like Conor it won't end well. It goes similiar to the Eddie fight.

Or. He fights khabib. Khabib is such an unbelievable wrestler/Grappler. He will shoot on Tony within minutes of round one and either finish him with GnP, or just dominate him over 5 rounds.

His championship will be short lived
Conor can possible win tony from a tko. But the question is, can he stop tony? Tony's chin is strong as fuck and he's big as fuck compare to Conor. Despite being a fuckin big fkin 155er, he has the cardio. Tony walks around 200-210, where as Conor walks around probably 170-176? Conor will for sure connect clean on tony, it's just if Conor can ko him inside 2. If not, tony will slowly break Conor and then drop him and then choking Conor making Conor quicktap.

Conor will KO him inside 3 rounds.

So Conor only as a punchers chance is what I'm taking from this, and if he doesn't get his KO what other tools does Conor posses to a win a fight...

Loco Tony has an IRON chin.

He would survive the storm that first round McG brings, take over the fight in the second round, choke out McG in the third.

Back