Tony's Defense

Nate gets hit at the end of punches, while Tony gets hit flush, and while coming in? Yeah.....ok buddeh. Tony's the one that rolls with punches, and doesn't get hit as clean as his haters make it seem, and he has infitnely better head movement. For all the strikes Tony dodges, amd evades, the commentators always point out the shots he gets hit with, and not even clean. He's very good at rolling with punches, using his footwork to not be in perfect range for your best attacks, and uses angles to put you off balance, while he's in position to land his awkward strikes on you..

Yea stopped reading here. I don't know what fights your watching.

BWaJcgV.gif

eDQgHgA.gif

0oRG3eE.gif

Wish I could find some more gifs of Tony doing the same thing over and over, not taking the time to make my own. He was doing the same shit versus Lee. Believe what you wanna believe, this will be a fun necro.

edit: fucking barboza boxing him off the backfoot, let that sink in.

LMAO....did you just conveniently forget the Nate fight. How do Conor fans have the balls to keep using this idiotic logic???

If Conor got rocked and tapped out one rounds against gate keeper Nate, then Tony is gonna man rape him within 1 and a half rounds.

Man, I don't even know why I'm entertaining this thread. I'm outy.
Maybe As nate is a much better boxer and fighter than lando ?

That being almost kod by a grappler hints at a weakness conor can exploit whereas connor gassing after hitting nate with everything but the kitchen sink isnt something tony is durable enough to exploit

Yea stopped reading here. I don't know what fights your watching.

BWaJcgV.gif

eDQgHgA.gif

0oRG3eE.gif

Wish I could find some more gifs of Tony doing the same thing over and over, not taking the time to make my own. He was doing the same shit versus Lee. Believe what you wanna believe, this will be a fun necro.

edit: fucking barboza boxing him off the backfoot, let that sink in.
Bro that's just Tony using his chin to find the range okay?? He's getting hit flush on purpose!! LEE SAID SO!

Except you are basically saying Tony can't win, became

He got dropped once against Lando. Again, stop making shit up, buddeh.

And again, if you wanna use that BS logic, then Nate got KTFO, and the first towel throw in, in UFC history against Thomson, whereas Tony completely owned him. And could you even imagine for 1 second, Barboza vs Nate......oh lawd. Nate would give up after the first 20 seconds, after 2 leg kicks.

And again, Nate couldn't do a damn thing against RDA, while Tony beat him up in a damn good dog fight.

Dude, your logic completely favors Tony, so why are you still trying? It's a losing battle.

Nate's a LAW gate keeper for all intents and purpose, while Tony has won 11 in a row in the past difficult weight class in the UFC.

And if you really wanna go deeper. Conor's not even remotely tested at LW. He beat his best stylistic match up possible in Eddie, and that's literally the only LW win he has. He hasn't had to face a single LW to get a title shot. Tony's proven himself time and again, and again, and again.

Use some damn common sense.
Vannata should of finished him it's not like tony jumped straight up. Kevin lee dropped him last weekend as well. The theme with alvarez before 205 was that he was so durable and was able to recover well after being dropped which didn't eventuate. Tony is an outstanding fighter but you're crazy if you don't think conor has a huge advantage on the feet

He's been dropped far more times in his last few fights than nate has against strikers no where near conors ability
Nate isnt on a 11 fight win streak

If Tony Ferguson nearly got finished by Lando, Mcgregor is going to break his face
But did he get finished? By that logic i can say mcgregor can break nate's face too since nate got dropped by benson,rda,thomson, rory,etc.

Vannata should of finished him it's not like tony jumped straight up. Kevin lee dropped him last weekend as well.
People get dropped. Shit happens. Doesn't mean they got finished. If a soccer/football/basketball team blew a lead you can't say they should've won the game because the end result is reality. Tony can get dropped all he wants if he hasn't been finished he hasn't been finished and that's the reality.

I don't want to figure it for myself why don't you be a sport and tell me all the threats that Tony must worry about coming from King Conor if he just can't connect with that magic punching.

I'm just gonna wait over there.....
479X1_s-200x150.gif

I see how it is TS you have no answer to my simple question if Conor can't get that punch and KO Tony, what other avenue does he have to win..? I get crickets..? TS doing this at my post ↓↓↓

rvVLCTM.gif

"Congratulations!"
proud.gif
You get my owned gif

The fact that a guy with defense like that is the interim champ at LW is troubling.

His striking offense is horrible too, he leaves himself very open and his punches are very jerky.

His chin better be titanium because Conor can land his best shots on Tony at will.

I see Tony and his camp going for the takedown early. They better.

People get dropped. Shit happens. Doesn't mean they got finished. If a soccer/football/basketball team blew a lead you can't say they should've won the game because the end result is reality. Tony can get dropped all he wants if he hasn't been finished he hasn't been finished and that's the reality.
I'm just stating that it isn't a good trend when you're coming up against someone known for his knockout power and accuracy, you can only get away with getting caught like that so many times. Eddie alvarez was known for getting dropped and recovering but still got caught out

Being hitable is a real problem for tony. He's not as hitable as Alvarez but I don't think he's any tougher. This is a tough one to pick. I'm going Connor in 2

Tony has a good jab and I think he'll use it like GSP will against Bisping, but I'll guess GSP uses it to ko Bisping with a head kick while Conor inevitably overwhelms Tony with elbows. 4th rd tko both fights.

Tony gets hit and Conor's left is quick and strong, but is it strong enough at LW? Likely not. Unless Tony's chin is somehow cracked, he's too tough to get finished by Conor and Conor is too mentally and physically weak to last 5 rounds with El Cucuy. I'd put the odds at 70/30 in Tony's favor.
Yep, its a question of how many lefts can Tony take and how many can Conor give out, thats disregarding any crazy scramble Tony can pull off.

People sitting here acting like Tony has good defense and can stand and trade with Conor are in fucking denial.

Tony has a good jab and I think he'll use it like GSP will against Bisping, but I'll guess GSP uses it to ko Bisping with a head kick while Conor inevitably overwhelms Tony with elbows. 4th rd tko both fights.

giphy.gif
Say what? Conor overwhelms Tony with elbows? In the 4th rd? With his little 12yr old girly lungz, he can take it to the 4th? With endless cardio Tony, have you actually watched a Ferguson fight, and as Conor ever used a elbow in any capacity in a fight? I'm legit asking because I can't remember, that's some real fanboy prediction you got going on man...

Last edited:
giphy.gif
Say what? Conor overwhelms Tony with elbows? In the 4th rd? With his little 12yr old girly lungz, he can take it to the fourth? With endless cardio Tony, have you actually watched a Ferguson fight, and as Conor ever used a elbow in any capacity in a fight? I'm legit asking because I can't remember, that's some real fanboy prediction you got going on man...

I'm a fan of both guys. I'm guessing 4th rd because I think Conor will break Tony down with superior striking. I think his cardio will be far better @ 155 than any other weight and I'm expecting some striking changes next time, but Tony is like water and will adapt and force Conor into a battle. If Tony wins I won't exactly be shocked.

Lee just said today Tony keeps his chin up in the air as part of his game plan because he judges distance so well. It enables him to dictate pace. Lee said Tony beats the hell out of Conor and that Tony is the real champion. He specifically said "Tony wouldnt get caught lunging in with Conor." The real elephant in the room is the whole ducking money fight circus. The elephant in the room is the champion ducking a healthy interim champion.

What a stupid statement. Aren't you the guy that said he hates boxing. It shows. Sit down and shut the fuck up.

What a stupid statement. Aren't you the guy that said he hates boxing. It shows. Sit down and shut the fuck up.
Compared to MMA, yes I hate boxing. Good memory. Lol who the fuck are you? What about Lee's statement has you so upset? Or you believe there isn't a money fight circus going on? Conor hasn't fought in a year. Look at the MW division. Get Conor's dick out of your mouth, triggered little fanboy.

Compared to MMA, yes I hate boxing. Good memory. Lol who the fuck are you? What about Lee's statement has you so upset? Or you believe there isn't a money fight circus going on? Conor hasn't fought in a year. Look at the MW division. Get Conor's dick out of your mouth, triggered little fanboy.

You hate boxing but then try to post stupid boxing analysis like you know what the hell you're talking about. Seriously, mma fans can be real dumb sometimes.
Second of all, I never even mentioned Conor lol.

You hate boxing but then try to post stupid boxing analysis like you know what the hell you're talking about. Seriously, mma fans can be real dumb sometimes.
Second of all, I never even mentioned Conor lol.
I was quoting Kevin Lee, illiterate moron.

Back