Too afraid to buy tickets to UFC 227 because of injuries, weight cuts and boring fights

Guess you'll all have to stay home and diddle each other.

There are 5 bantamweight, 2 flyweight, and 3 WMMA fights on this card. You'd think they'd book another LHW just as a back up.

We get the worst cards in LA. I always end up watching them at Dames N Games instead. At least I can step out to smoke weed and there are tits between rounds.

I was afraid of everything until I watched Braveheart. Now I am not afraid of anything.

I like the idea that you think the UFC pays people to shitpost in obscure Sherdog forum threads.

This is actually a known fact. It came out a few years ago when someone leaked that the UFC has its PR guys on Internet forums pumping up cards and defending against criticisms.

I know Cali has a much bigger mma following than Chicago but you can get tickets cheap off scalpers if you hold off until the last minute.
Kind of a no brainer if someone is already up in the air about buying tickets or not. But for me, if i am considering buying something if i can get it cheap, my impulse buy kicks in and i end up trying to justify paying more for something. I literally only ninja buy shit on ebay with my final price i am willing to pay. Sometimes i win, sometimes i lose, but at least i don't end up paying more then i wanted to.

/Rant

UFC needs to get their act together on the crisis of fighter pullouts/weight failures. This HAS to be causing a significant decline in interest for their product.

My friends and I usually go to every UFC event that comes to Southern California but this time we are going to pass. It’s a tough decision to make, because I love going to live events, but UFC tickets are expensive and these days there’s just such a high possibility that someone pulls out last minute or is prevented from fighting by doctors because of a deathly weight cut. And with DJ there’s always a possibility of a drawn out 5 round pitter-patter fight that puts the crowd to sleep. Update: literally just right now I stopped writing to look at the rest of the card and learned just that Volkan just pulled out! This confirms all my fears. I just can’t invest into these live events anymore. It’s sad what’s become of this sport.

Nobody hating on u has ever been to an event at Staples Center. Fuck that noise. Only place worse is Dodgers Stadium.

Watch it at home with a pile of wings, beer, blow, and hookers... and save yourself a couple hundred bucks.

You're buying nosebleeds, so who cares.

I wouldnt give this company any money with the way they've been doing things

Weak card.

Dillawshaw vs. Garbrandt only fight I'd be interested in watching.

Cejudo gon' get murked...again.

I still don't get you people. You will still be seeing a full card of fights unless u live in Vegas where they go all the time you should just go.

Just cuz the big names might pull out doesn't mean shit, the fight of the year might be on fucking fightpass for crying out loud lol. Remember how hyped Lewis/Nganou was.....yeah.....everytime they have come out to Sacramento I've gone and had hella fun. I attended UFC 177 nothing will top that in terms of fights in paper lol

Never been to a live event but if they had a closer one to WV i would , just to risk you take i guess

Don’t bother. Wait til the last minute and watch it on TV if you decide that’s worth it.

UFC 227 main event and co-main event is the equivalent of watching middle school and elementary school children respectively fight by the monkey bars in the park.

My friends and I usually go to every UFC event that comes to Southern California but this time we are going to pass. It’s a tough decision to make, because I love going to live events, but UFC tickets are expensive and these days there’s just such a high possibility that someone pulls out last minute or is prevented from fighting by doctors because of a deathly weight cut. And with DJ there’s always a possibility of a drawn out 5 round pitter-patter fight that puts the crowd to sleep. Update: literally just right now I stopped writing to look at the rest of the card and learned just that Volkan just pulled out! This confirms all my fears. I just can’t invest into these live events anymore. It’s sad what’s become of this sport.
Do it. If a fight falls through, chalk it to taking one for the team.

Take an orange board and write SHERBRO, and hold it up please :)

Losing Gus/Volkan 2 weeks out is horrible. Unless someone steps in to fight Gus, I wouldn't pay more than $60 to attend.

Yeah if they can get someone to fight Gus, the card itself would be worth seeing live, but who is to say someone in the main event or comain event won’t pull out too?

Why do mma fans bitch about mma so much?

Back