Too afraid to buy tickets to UFC 227 because of injuries, weight cuts and boring fights

I still don't get you people. You will still be seeing a full card of fights unless u live in Vegas where they go all the time you should just go.

Just cuz the big names might pull out doesn't mean shit, the fight of the year might be on fucking fightpass for crying out loud lol. Remember how hyped Lewis/Nganou was.....yeah.....everytime they have come out to Sacramento I've gone and had hella fun. I attended UFC 177 nothing will top that in terms of fights in paper lol

I do that at local mma shows for cheap, and yeah it’s fun as shit. But if I’m dropping $250, I need to see some superstars and some good fights.

My friends and I usually go to every UFC event that comes to Southern California but this time we are going to pass. It’s a tough decision to make, because I love going to live events, but UFC tickets are expensive and these days there’s just such a high possibility that someone pulls out last minute or is prevented from fighting by doctors because of a deathly weight cut. And with DJ there’s always a possibility of a drawn out 5 round pitter-patter fight that puts the crowd to sleep. Update: literally just right now I stopped writing to look at the rest of the card and learned just that Volkan just pulled out! This confirms all my fears. I just can’t invest into these live events anymore. It’s sad what’s become of this sport.
Same reason I am not going, plus i just went to ufc 226.

Its too hard to judge these cards and this isnt their strongest showing. With Gus potentially out this card got even weaker.

I do that at local mma shows for cheap, and yeah it’s fun as shit. But if I’m dropping $250, I need to see some superstars and some good fights.
Just depends what you want really. I look at it like either one sit cageside or nosebleeds there is no in between lol. Lucky for me the Sacramento arenas aren't that big each time I've been in the nosebleeds for about $50 each time, and with the big screen right in front it was awesome.

Why do mma fans bitch about mma so much?

1. They don’t “so much.” Most of the current threads on sherdog aren’t about UFC complaints. You just don’t like negative criticism of the sport so you notice it more and exaggerate in your mind how much of mma banter is based on complaining.
2. Some complaining does occur, and this is because this is an mma forum, specifically designed for mma fans to freely talk about mma, all aspects of mma and that includes the negative trends in the sport. This is not unique to mma, go on an NFL forum, or WWE, or NASCAR, and there is an equal amount of complaints by fans about the management of the sport.
3. Complaining has increased over the years and this is because mma fans are increasingly dissatisfied with the product. With an increased schedule, USADA suspensions, injuries and extreme weight cutting mishaps, and newer undeveloped divisions via flyweight and WMMA, there has been a notable decrease in the quality of cards. But the ppv price and ticket prices have stayed the same or even increased.

That was a stupid fucking question, I hope you learned something.

UFC live kind of sucks. The general MMA audience is trash, you are better off not associating with those miscreants.
<DisgustingHHH>

watching at home/on a TV or laptop is better anyway, you get the best angle.

watching live seems like it sucks tbh, you either have a shit seat and can't see, or even if you're up front it's still not very good.

i'll take watching from great camera angles and being able to see every little thing that happens any day.

I hear ya.. 2 or 3 days before sometimes the day before it goes to shit..

Last edited:
If you don’t get a good seat you won’t be able to see very well and you end up having to watch the monitors mostly.

If it’s the first time then I think the experience is worth it though. If not then it’s your call.

This is actually a known fact. It came out a few years ago when someone leaked that the UFC has its PR guys on Internet forums pumping up cards and defending against criticisms.
Pretty sure that's Putin's troll army, bro.

I cant blame you. It should be pretty clear to everyone right now that the UFC books fights to sell tickets, knowing it is changing the card later. Either that, or injuries have tripled since the company was sold. Selling those wolf tickets!

I wouldnt buy a ppv for this reason, let alone go to a fight night.

As for the ending... Funny, I never thought about that.
What a fkin dodgy show we got going on.

Utter Fucking Codswallop.

Back