Too much pepper?

Status
Not open for further replies.
One funny detail about the OP I just noticed, he laced up "24 ounce" gloves for the peppering. For those who aren't boxers, 24 ounce gloves are basically clown gloves, like huge pillows, which you would almost never use unless you were sparring with somebody really feeble who you didn't want to hurt (like a small girl or something).

Or unless you are MCPB and you have to use 24oz for the sake of humanity.

Could you imagine eating a stiff bare knuckle jab from an extremely light on his feet fighter like Paul?

Or unless you are MCPB and you have to use 24oz for the sake of humanity.

Could you imagine eating a stiff bare knuckle jab from an extremely light on his feet fighter like Paul?

Why would you necro this shitty thread? :icon_neut

I come here, humbly, to offer a bit of advice on jabs and jabbing and peppering stuff with the jab.

That's it. Not to talk myself up, make myself seem like some cold blooded, but highly intellectual killer.

i INTENTIONALLY pulled back on the adjectives. I said to myself, "so what if the story is actually 80 times more intense than this! And who really cares if I was actually dustin up 15 grapplers as opposed to the 2 I mentioned.... I really ONLY care about the lesson. About being humble and giving people a wealth of my own personal knowledge."

You try to do a favor and you get mocked.

Cute.

" i pledge myself to your teachings". My master.

For just $9.55 I'll jab that jealousy right out of your FUCKING FACE.

MCPB jab vs. Einarr osoto gari...

homer-backsaway-popcorn.gif

My freedom (A buck o' five) is on Einarr slipping the jab and hitting an osoto.

This thread made me happy when I first read it back in the day (as a lurker, obviously), and it has made me happy again being necro'd. Thank you sirs.

Same thing happened at my gym the other day.

Troll?

The point is that unless if grapplers learn how to contend with a jab they're fighting a losing battle.

I tell this story not to curse the dark.... but to light a candle.
A candle of truth and knowledge via terror and dread.

I've solved that long time ago I just switched to southpaw

I've solved that long time ago I just switched to southpaw

Funnily enough, I recently made the switch to southpaw and I find it makes getting into grappling range safely much, much easier. Though it does take away the double leg.

the trick is to become a southpaw in striking too not like hendrix who uses orthodox for striking and southpaw for grappling too much telegraph if you do that, plus you should constantly check the opponent's lead hand this way there's no jab for him at all...:icon_lol: if you want the double leg either force the opponent to switch stance momentarily and attack (standing on his foot is one way ) or switch stance and attack
for me being orthodox from 7 years old is very hard to switch stance but worth it although any time you switch stance during the fight you are exposed so don't do that unless you have exposed the opponent first

Last edited:
the trick is to become a southpaw in striking too not like hendrix who uses orthodox for striking and southpaw for grappling too much telegraph if you do that, plus you should constantly check the opponent's lead hand this way there's no jab for him at all...:icon_lol: if you want the double leg either force the opponent to switch stance momentarily and attack (standing on his foot is one way ) or switch stance and attack
for me being orthodox from 7 years old is very hard to switch stance but worth it although any time you switch stance during the fight you are exposed so don't do that unless you have exposed the opponent first

Yeah, I grapple with my right foot forward which is what necessitated the stance change, I had always kickboxed orthodox. If I want a double leg I usually just single leg and finish with a knee tap, if I get that good centerline exposure I'd rather throw a few punches than hit the double.

Bump, great thread that needs more love from new posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back