3. Norway

4. The Netherlands

5. Finland

6. Canada

7. Switzerland

8. Australia

9. New Zealand

10. Germany

Any objections to this list? Is no one going to complain that these countries are also great for men to live in? Or that the top countries on the list have far less women in STEM fields compared to countries like Iran and Burma, thus these women can live comfortable but ultimately ineffectual and stereotypical lives?

Last edited:
I've seen stats where Canada and Australia had really high rates of rape, maybe fudged?

Last edited:
Bit of an issue with #2 there

Via Wikipedia

List checks out.

I expect cultures that institutionalized self-criticism and Enlightenment values to be the best places to live for anybody, not just women.

What is up with you dudes and rape? Yall know that women do things other than get raped and avoid getting raped, right?

This is like seeing a list of best places for men to live but a bunch of women come in and start posting stats about women cutting their husband's dicks off. Weirdos.

Click hole to get to methodology
Goddamn

Women’s ranking aren’t well explained

List checks out.

I expect cultures that institutionalized self-criticism and Enlightenment values to be the best places to live for anybody, not just women.

But then isn't the list useless if it's just a list of 10 best countries to live? Why add "for women" if not to fulfill some political agenda?

List seems suspiciously white, IMO

I know you're kidding but the fact that no one wonders about this is worthy of discussion, imo. On the list of most dangerous countries for women, everyone was upset that a largely white country had made the top 10. It's as if people just assume that white women are better off. Which is an assumption liberals have been making for years, but it's weird to see conservatives admit to white privilege.

Did you just assume where it’s best for a gender to live?!

But then isn't the list useless if it's just a list of 10 best countries to live? Why add "for women" if not to fulfill some political agenda?

I don't know.

Probably because women still get abused at much higher rates in cultures that cut clits off to keep them pure and less promiscuous for example.

But you're right that this list might as well be called best places to live in, period.

I don't know.

Probably because women still get abused at much higher rates in cultures that cut clits off to keep them pure and less promiscuous for example.

But you're right that this list might as well be called best places to live in, period.

Cultures that practice FGM make up a pretty small percentage of the world...

But let's look at Iran. Women there dominate the STEM fields, something the Western world has long hailed as an indicator of gender equality. That means those women have far more economic power, which means better education, standard of living, etc. This trend is similar across Asia. Economic power has also long been viewed as the chief advantage that men have over women. By what logic, then, does a country in which women work low paying jobs outrank a country with women in engineering and the sciences?

What is up with you dudes and rape? Yall know that women do things other than get raped and avoid getting raped, right?

This is like seeing a list of best places for men to live but a bunch of women come in and start posting stats about women cutting their husband's dicks off. Weirdos.
Because it's one of the principal metrics that women's rights advocacy groups have touted since their inception for measuring the quality of a woman's life, and feminine rights.

If any are confused, here is the reason the TS is combative in his OP over the integrity of the list. He was gullible enough to post this previously:
Top 10 Most Dangerous Nations for women; A New, American Challenger Appears!
So don't take his wounded haymaking personally.

*Edit* To be even more directly helpful this was the post that killed that thread:
http://forums.sherdog.com/posts/142449601/

www.usnews.com/news/best-countries/women-full-list

1. Denmark

2. Sweden

3. Norway

4. The Netherlands

5. Finland

6. Canada

7. Switzerland

8. Australia

9. New Zealand

10. Germany

Any objections to this list? Is no one going to complain that these countries are also great for men to live in? Or that the top countries on the list have far less women in STEM fields compared to countries like Iran and Burma, thus these women can live comfortable, but ultimately ineffectual and stereotypical lives?

1. You can't say "is nobody going to complain" in the OP. Give us a second to read it first.
2. Did you post this on the wrong forum, or did you expect us have been up to speed on the % of Burmese women in STEM fields and reflexively object to the list based on that information?

Cultures that practice FGM make up a pretty small percentage of the world...

But let's look at Iran. Women there dominate the STEM fields, something the Western world has long hailed as an indicator of gender equality. That means those women have far more economic power, which means better education, standard of living, etc. This trend is similar across Asia. Economic power has also long been viewed as the chief advantage that men have over women. By what logic, then, does a country in which women work low paying jobs outrank a country with women in engineering and the sciences?

Right, that was just an example of why might a list focus specifically on women.

My guess is that the logic that women in the countries on the list choose not to go into STEM for whatever reason yet still retain a very high standard of living.

And by the logic that stem participation is not the only metric used I assume. Iran just jailed a woman for not wanting to wear a headscarf for example.

As Milton Friedman said, people vote with their feet. The migrations we see today are largely to the countries on the list, not from the countries, so there must be something that is attractive in those places. My guess is a balance of safety, liberty, security and standard of living.

Bit of an issue with #2 there

Via Wikipedia

Look at those drop offs between 2 and then 10 - everybody else. That is crazy.

Doubly crazy when you consider that more woman have Amazon Prime accounts than landlines -- shocking that nobody has brought that up already.

1. You can't say "is nobody going to complain" in the OP. Give us a second to read it first.
2. Did you post this on the wrong forum, or did you expect us have been up to speed on the % of Burmese women in STEM fields and reflexively object to the list based on that information?

My bad, I posted a list of top 10 most dangerous countries for women to live and people hated on it hard without taking much time to read it.

I genuinely have no idea what the average War Roomer knows. But if they can know that Scandinavian countries are good places for women to live, I assume they also know that women in developing countries generally enter STEM fields with greater frequency. Probably not, though.

Back