Top 3 beatings of all time ufc

Better than any list with Lawler-MacDonald on it

Going by pure times and UFC only, prolly

Cain over JDS twice
TJ over Barao twice
Silva over Franklin twice.

Cain fucked up JDS so much, it went to number 1 even after having to make up for the first fight

Yeah that fight was a war not a beating

Lawler Rory fight was pretty epic so dont know how this is attached to this category. I mean, Rory broke his nose?
Gegard just handed Rory the beating of his life which lasted 6 minutes- re-broke his nose and made a guy like Rory tap to strikes.
Rory had to carried out and went straight to the hospital while Lawler got some stitches in his lip and went to the post fight presser.
Rory was in as bad as shape as any fighter can be after a fight. It was a war but he still took a beating.
:)

Gegard is prolly a better example but i was going with ufc fights.

Rory's 3rd round against Condit would be another example. Man Rory has been thru some tough fights now that I think about it

Rory had to carried out and went straight to the hospital while Lawler got some stitches in his lip and went to the post fight presser.
Rory was in as bad as shape as any fighter can be after a fight. It was a war but he still took a beating.
vault 77 jumpsuit

Gegard is prolly a better example but i was going with ufc fights.

Rory's 3rd round against Condit would be another example. Man Rory has been thru some tough fights now that I think about it
Rory was up 2 rounds to 1 going into the fourth and finally had to stop when his nose couldn't take anymore. I'm sure his needing to go to the hospital and needing help was based mostly on not being able to properly oxygenate his body.

Rory was up 2 rounds to 1 going into the fourth and finally had to stop when his nose couldn't take anymore. I'm sure his needing to go to the hospital and needing help was based mostly on not being able to properly oxygenate his body.

How you gonna argue that photo? Lol! Really man? We ain't gonna agree. It was a war and a beating. A very special fight but rory was fucked after this fight. Fucked!!

And..
Actually it was 3 rounds to 1 going into the 5th.
Just bc the judges see it that way doesnt mean rory isnt taking the beating of his life to get there.
I personally had it 2-2 but was aware Rory was taking serious punishment. Being Canadian I was 100% rooting for him but it was apparent he was getting the worst of it in a close fight

1.Cain vs jds bc it happened twice and because heavyweights

2. Rory vs robbie lawler 2

3. Ortega vs max holloway

Wouldn’t put Rory vs. Lawler in the same category. It was an absolute bloodbath, but for most of the fight it was back and forth. Maybe place that in another category, like top 3 just bleed fights.
Replace that with Penn vs Stevenson or Penn vs Sanchez.

Also how has no one mentioned this beating:
ronda-rousey-knock-out-ko.gif

Attachments

• upload_2018-12-10_11-26-16.jpeg
    upload_2018-12-10_11-26-16.jpeg
    6.9 KB · Views: 3
a lot of good memories in this thread.
adding to this list Glover x Maldonado
it went from a fun beatdown to feeling really sorry for maldonado

What's that crap?

1. Penn-Stevenson
2. Lesnar-Mir 2
3. Velasquez-JDS 2

Penn x Sanchez was an even worse beatdown and I'd switch Lesnar x Mir for Khabib vs MJ but good list

More recency bias. It's probably not even in the top 10 worst beatings ever. Lawler vs. Rory was a back and forth war as well, not a beating.

Holloway had an amazing performance, but they had one close round and they're featherweight. Glover vs. Maldonado or Cain vs. JDS 2/3 were both WAY worse beatings than this fight. Or Stipe vs. Hunt and MANY others.

cain / JDS was the hardest to watch for me. and it's insane that it actually happened twice.

No, that wasn't.

And you would be wrong in that switch.

Rewatch all 4 fights.
What makes you say Penn vs Sanchez wasn't a worse beat down? Cos Sanchez lasted nearly the whole fight?

GSP vs Fitch where GSP did whatever the fook he wanted: punches with shit flying in the opposite direction, kicks to the face, knee to the face, Fitch looking like an alien afterwards.

cain / JDS was the hardest to watch for me. and it's insane that it actually happened twice.
Cain's exclamation point in case some thought the first ass whooping in the rematch was a fluke.

GSP vs Fitch where GSP did whatever the fook he wanted: punches with shit flying in the opposite direction, kicks to the face, knee to the face, Fitch looking like an alien afterwards.

Can't believe I made it this far into the thread before this one was mentioned. Fitch was considered a beast at the time and GSP just utterly destroyed him

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181210-184137_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20181210-184137_Gallery.jpg
    390 KB · Views: 3
Back