Top 5 gaming studios

OCGSC

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
List your top 5 favorite gaming studios and why
Rockstar Games- GTA ,RDR,Bully, Midnight club, L.A. Norie, State of Emergency and ON. Hits on hits
Bandai- Gundam and Ace combat. I am a simple man Planes and Mechs
Bethesda - Fallout and Skyrim
Nintendo - Star Fox and etc
Visual Concepts - AKA the could have been madden killers

I dont think there has been 5 studios that has consistently produced top notch games without bullshit money grabing schemes. Sometimes its not up to the developers but the publishers, but ill list my favourites below.

1: Naughty Dog - Dont like the BS microtransactions theyve put in TLOU MP and UC4 but their body of work is spectacular.
2: From Software

You could have CDProjeckt in their aswell, but unfortunately I havent played Witcher 3 yet, but Im looking forward to Cyberpunk 2077, and have played a bit of W2. Looking forward to W3. I would place them just because of how open and how anti bullshit they are (fake or not, theyre cultivating a loyal fanbase), with free DLC, Paid DLCs being expansions like back in the day, etc.

1: Rockstar, not really much to say, they put out high quality titles
2: Naughty Dog, very strong body of work
3: From Software, my oddball pick, but I love Dark Souls/Bloodborne
4: Prime SquareSoft/Enix, They put out some of my favourite games ever like Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy 6
5: Blizzard, I love me some StarCraft, Diablo and Overwatch.

I know people are wondering where the fuck Nintendo is, but a lot of their first party games just don’t do anything for me. Always found their first party games to be extremely overrated.

• Valve
  • Blizzard
  • Naughty Dog
  • Bethesda
  • Cyber Projekt Red
Even I have to admit Blizzard is getting greedy. They're getting more and more like EA each year.

From Software- best gameplay
Naughty Dog- best graphics
CD Projekt Red- best open world RPG
Blizzard- best MMO RPGs
Rockstar Games- best at delivering as promised

I dont think there has been 5 studios that has consistently produced top notch games without bullshit money grabing schemes. Sometimes its not up to the developers but the publishers, but ill list my favourites below.

1: Naughty Dog - Dont like the BS microtransactions theyve put in TLOU MP and UC4 but their body of work is spectacular.
2: From Software

You could have CDProjeckt in their aswell, but unfortunately I havent played Witcher 3 yet, but Im looking forward to Cyberpunk 2077, and have played a bit of W2. Looking forward to W3. I would place them just because of how open and how anti bullshit they are (fake or not, theyre cultivating a loyal fanbase), with free DLC, Paid DLCs being expansions like back in the day, etc.
Play witcher 3 now@! will change your life. I thought it was nothing until i played it. There's like 200 or more hours in it and the DLC Blood And Wine is better than most standalone games..

My top 5

Blizzard
CD Project Red
Santa Monica Studios
Naughty Dog
Rockstar

GGG
id
Blizzard North
Black Isle
Obsidian

rockstar is pretty much the only one i could list.

most of my favorite ones are long gone. like rare and free radical...

CDPR
Bethesda
Rockstar
"Prime" Bioware
Square

Gearbox - Borderlands series
Digital Extremes - Warframe

Rest is garbage. Not the games themselves, but just how they treat their fans and customers.

Nintendo - Zelda, Mario, etc..
Naughty Dog - last of Us and Uncharted
Blizzard - Starcraft and Warcraft series, Diablo 3
Capcom - Street Fighter, RE, Mega Man, etc...
Guerilla Games - Horizon Zero Dawn (yup one game and they’re in my top 5)

Bethesda - Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Dishonored 2 (publisher), The Evil Within (publisher)
Team Ninja - Ninja Gaiden, Nioh
From Software - Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, Bloodborne
Insomniac - Ratchet & Clank, Resistance
Capcom - Resident Evil, Devil May Cry, Onimusha, Street Fighter, Okami

Last edited:
Digital Extremes - Warframe

DE seem like good people (minus hiring girls to... be girls on stream because that's clearly their purpose, they absolutely sucked at their own game and didn't even seem to comprehend the mechanics of their own game. at all), but warframe is just a colossal piece of shit due to the awful networking/matchmaking/hosting issues that are straight out of 1999. it sucks because it should be a fantastic game and the main devs seem like truly solid people. and the next open world area looked pretty amazing. but the issues aggravated me to the point where i uninstalled and am likely never going back.

and i'm surprised to many mention bethesda. i thought they had a terrible reputation (and seemingly deservedly, with all their unfinished/buggy games that get released)

DE seem like good people (minus hiring girls to... be girls on stream because that's clearly their purpose, they absolutely sucked at their own game and didn't even seem to comprehend the mechanics of their own game. at all), but warframe is just a colossal piece of shit due to the awful networking/matchmaking/hosting issues that are straight out of 1999. it sucks because it should be a fantastic game and the main devs seem like truly solid people. and the next open world area looked pretty amazing. but the issues aggravated me to the point where i uninstalled and am likely never going back.

and i'm surprised to many mention bethesda. i thought they had a terrible reputation (and seemingly deservedly, with all their unfinished/buggy games that get released)
when was the last time you played WF? I've yet to encounter any online game with game mechanisms as WF. Granted, still buggy and the hosting system absolutely sucks but as far game mech.... goes, it's still, ahead of it's time.

e: that being said, I don't play it anymore as well. shit got real repetitive for me and i think it depends more on finding a group/clan of friends u'd enjoy playing with.

i bailed a few months ago. it was about 2 months after khora/sanctuary onslaught and about 2 weeks before the unvaulting of rhino/nyx/whatever.

the hosting/network problems were always bad, but for about 2 months up to when i quit, they were just completely unbearable. aids. it was hard to ever actually finish anything. also, the players got realllllllly cancerous and public games were almost entirely leechers. i think my last 20-ish games straight were me with 3 leeches. at least all the leeches made the "host migration" instances funny.

it's a testament to DE that i actually feel kind of bad for them/feel bad about uninstalling their game. they really do seem like great people, streamer bimbos aside.

Pinnacle of gaming:
Valve
Nintendo

Barely on the list:
Bethesda
Rockstar

The rest is greedy trash

Current Favorite Developers -
*CD Project Red
*Naughty Dog
*id Software (Doom 2016)
*Sony's Santa Monica Studio (God Of War)

Former Favorite Developers -
*Bungi - Halo
*Bioware - KOTOR & Mass Effect
*Konami - MGS Series
*Rare - Goldeneye & Perfect Dark
*TellTale - TWD & Game of Thrones

Back