- rockstar

studios with an amazing track record but lately stuff that doesnt interest me:
- blizzard
- valve

wtf happened?:
-capcom

Gearbox - Borderlands series
Digital Extremes - Warframe

Rest is garbage. Not the games themselves, but just how they treat their fans and customers.
Came in here to post this.

Might add dead studios like Blizzard North for Diablo 2 and Runic Games for Torchlight series.

i bailed a few months ago. it was about 2 months after khora/sanctuary onslaught and about 2 weeks before the unvaulting of rhino/nyx/whatever.

the hosting/network problems were always bad, but for about 2 months up to when i quit, they were just completely unbearable. aids. it was hard to ever actually finish anything. also, the players got realllllllly cancerous and public games were almost entirely leechers. i think my last 20-ish games straight were me with 3 leeches. at least all the leeches made the "host migration" instances funny.

it's a testament to DE that i actually feel kind of bad for them/feel bad about uninstalling their game. they really do seem like great people, streamer bimbos aside.
My only gripe is trying to sell rivens of weapons that I don't use. I personally don't have any issues with leeches and I seldom encounter cancer players, granted I've been only playing for 4 months.

I'm going old school.

• Bullfrog - Populos, Theme Park, Theme Hospital, Dungeon Keeper, Syndicate, Magic Carpet, Powermonger
  • Rare (prime) - Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Banjo Kazooie, Diddy Kong Racing, Jet Force Gemini, Conkers Bad Fur Day, Battletoads, Killer Instict, Donkey Kong Country
  • AKI Corp - WCW Vs NWO Revenge, WWF Wrestlemania 2000, WWF No Mercy, Def Jam: Fight for New York - the GOAT Wrestling/Fighting games
  • Bioware - Baldurs Gate series, Mass Effect, Knights of the Old Republic, Dragon Age
  • Taleworlds - just for the amount of time I've put into Mount & Blade

List your top 5 favorite gaming studios and why
Rockstar Games- GTA ,RDR,Bully, Midnight club, L.A. Norie, State of Emergency and ON. Hits on hits
Bandai- Gundam and Ace combat. I am a simple man Planes and Mechs
Bethesda - Fallout and Skyrim
Nintendo - Star Fox and etc
Visual Concepts - AKA the could have been madden killers

If I could neg you right now I would not because I disagree with you but because you left off "The Warriors" game Rockstar made. TF is wrong with you.

Valve
Bioware
CD Projekt Red
Rockstar
Bethesda

If I could neg you right now I would not because I disagree with you but because you left off "The Warriors" game Rockstar made. TF is wrong with you.
My bad. Remember the part when they told the clown to sh sh sh sh shut the fuck up it was a classic gaming moment.

• Valve
  • Blizzard
  • Naughty Dog
  • Bethesda
  • Cyber Projekt Red
Even I have to admit Blizzard is getting greedy. They're getting more and more like EA each year.

Thats probably the activision side.

Fuck activision and unicronic Arts.

Top 5

Rockstar Games
Bioware (before Assdromeda)
Bethesda (Bugthesda sic)
Square Enix (squeenix)
Devolver digital

HMs: Blizzard (fell out of love with Starcraft and never played Overwatch almost made the cut cause Diablo series though), Konami (cause SoTN is GOAT tier but not a fan of MGS and their modern stuff), Ninja Theory (awesome games but small sample size), Playground ( again awesome games but only racing), Telltale ( great stories bad gameplay), WB (excellent action games, shit monetization and optimization), Nintendo ( havent owned a Nintendo console sonce gamecube so cant say), Rare (goat tier in the past but washed up and SoT is okay but not revolutionary or anything)

Id (Invented FPS, gave us Wolfenstein, Doom, and Quake. Doom 2016 is one of the best FPS games I've ever played, possibly my favorite, and Eternal is looking glorious)
Prime Square - FFVII will forever be with me, Chrono Trigger is glorious as well
Naughty Dog, particularly for the Crash trilogy, and I've had a lot of fun with the Uncharted series
CD Projekt Red - the only game of theirs I've played is W3 but their business model and craftsmanship make them a favorite almost by default
Bioware, for KOTOR 1&2

Of those, probably only CD Projekt Red and Id are current favorites. Other than them I don't really have any.

I'm just going to stick to PC:

Paradox
Firaxis
Bethesda
Valve - I don't really play their games anymore but CS has got more time out of me than anything, most likely. And Half Life was a masterpiece.
Introversion - The Prison Architect Early-Access experience was great. Exactly what an early-access should be.

Gears For Breakfast is a new studio that's on my list now. Hat in Time was fantastic, even if it was a little short. Hopefully they can follow up with something just as magical.
Honorable RIP for Runic, because I really liked the Torchlight series.

Snowblind Studios (Dark Alliance, Champions of Norrath, LoTR War in the North)
Bioware (KOTOR, DA:O, Mass Effect) [I also know that Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 and Icewind Dale were supposed to be great, but they were a bit before my time]
CDProjekt (Witcher games)
Bethesda (TES and Fallout)
Capcom (lots of good ones, Dragon's Dogma is my favorite)

I'd like to have included Blizzard because Diablo 2: LoD and WoW: TBC were probably the best experiences I've had with games, but they have also done a ton of shit that I didn't like.

Sorry to necro this (not really, though)

Back