Top 5 PED cheats in UFC history?

This was USADAs answer on why Machida didn't work to get a reduced sentence:
"I think it's entirely possible that given Mr. Machida's degree of negligence -€” which in all honesty, is extremely high -€” his team decided that it was in his best interest to take the 18 months instead of risking the possibility of having a full two-year sanction be imposed by an arbitrator.

You can chose to put on your tin-hat, and interpret it as: USADA are villains that bully guys from bringing up the case and defending themselves....

...Or the more natural reason: that Machida had something to hide, that he didn't want to come out, so he left it alone.
Wrong. The arbitor isn't USADA, McLaren is independent. And if you look at Jones arbitration decision, they have disagreed with USADA's opinion before. This isn't USADA implying that Machida was dirtier, is USADA implying that McLaren may view his negligence as being high enough to warrant a full length sanction.

There's nothing there showing that Machida was on something else.

Sonnen was also pretty forthright about his test fails too. Not at first I don't believe, but he came clean and fessed up and really owned up to it later on down the road from what I remember.

He joked about it leading up to the second Anderson fight. Something like “you mustve caught me on a low day I have way more testosterone than 6 times the average man.”

Who would make the top 5 and who is the GOAT of PED use in UFC history? I would have it...
Jon Jones the GOAT
Anderson Silva
Alistair Overeem
Brock Lesnar
Royce Gracie
Reem and Brock are the GOAT PED abusers. I wish they were allowed to roid 24/7.

Real question...What are the metrics?
Most wins, got away with it longest, fan favorite, fan heel?

Who would make the top 5 and who is the GOAT of PED use in UFC history? I would have it...
Jon Jones the GOAT
Anderson Silva
Alistair Overeem
Brock Lesnar
Royce Gracie
I’m in

Mark Kerr.

He was the worst steroid cheat in UFC history, I actually watched a great DVD about him called the smashing machine, it was really sad to watch. He openly admitted to be addicted to anabolic steroids and had taken them for basically all of his career. And he was severely depressed person

I saw that and Kerr would have to be on top of the list for me too. Ken Shamrock as well. Lesnar's likely been on something since HS and I believe most of the fighters have or are still on PEDs of some kind.

Wrong. The arbitor isn't USADA, McLaren is independent. And if you look at Jones arbitration decision, they have disagreed with USADA's opinion before. This isn't USADA implying that Machida was dirtier, is USADA implying that McLaren may view his negligence as being high enough to warrant a full length sanction.

There's nothing there showing that Machida was on something else.
And it is nothing showing he wasn’t. It is obviously very suspicious that he didn’t go further with it, if it was so unfair that he got 18 months?

We can discuss this all day, but again: Machida got a very high punishment, he didn’t complain for some unknown reason, And USADA didn’t believe his excuses. It is as easy as that.

He probably did peds, And hid behind DHEA. Just like BJ used an IV to dillute the tests, And just like a bunch of guys do other maskers.

Last edited:
Jon Jones the GOAT
Anderson Silva
Alistair Overeem
Brock Lesnar
Royce Gracie
You forgot Josh Barnett, youngest champ in UFC history until JJ and busted 4x for roids.

Jon Jones
Anderson Silva
VItor Belfort
Alistair Overeem
Hector Lombard

honorable mentions to Dan Henderson, Chael Sonnen, Paul Harris

What's the criteria? Intriguing topic, though.

Edit- beaten to it...

I’m in

Jon Jones the GOAT
Anderson Silva
Alistair Overeem
Brock Lesnar
Royce Gracie
The best at cheating? Jones. Fedor is GOAT.

baars1.jpg

"I'M VEREH HAPPEH"

Those who somehow cheat USADA is at the top of my list

Jon Jones the GOAT
Anderson Silva
Alistair Overeem
Brock Lesnar
Royce Gracie
Top 5: Royce, Kerr, Barnett, Silva, Jones..

Honorable mention: Coleman, Sherk, Vitor, Fitch, Machida, Lesnar, Mir..

Rarely mentioned: Cerrone, Bonnar, Le, JDS, Drysdale, Ortega..

GOAT: those who haven't been caught, and competing at a top level in the public eye..

Not the worst offender but one that gets more heat regarding peds than most, Cyborg!

So we are all chemists for USADA now?
Machida got 18 months, while others got 6-12 months. Why would you believe Machida is telling the truth, when USADA punished him harder than the others? USADA didn't believe it.
The head of USADA makes 500+k a year. That's more than 99% of the roster.

Do you believe what this "Not for profit company" tells you?

They're paid by the UFC. "Fair competition" is a scam marketed to naieve fans.

He was tested very aggressively (over 5 surprise tests IIRC) by the CSAC leading up to his fight with Tito. That’s in addition to the pre and post fight night tests.

Just because it’s not usada doesn’t mean the testing is weak, depends on the state and that commissions agenda from what I have heard.

I will never believe chael isn't always trying to cheat. with how open he always talking about peds and all.

not being able to pass a usada means he still trying to push things.

I have Gracie as a higher ranked fighter than Coleman, Barnett and Sonnen and for such a high profile athlete and legend of the sport to get popped I put him in the top 5, Barnett, Coleman and Sonnen could be honorable mentions though.

I feel Barnett and Colemans styles made much greater advantage of roids than Royces did.

Back