Please make your top! We will give:

5 points for #1
4 pts for #2
3 pts for #3
2 pts for #4
1 pt will go to the #5.

Now we will see how we are!

Present or historical?
Present! And I want good knowledges especially from the Dutchmen and not only.

I think us, the rest of the people who didn"t go to the Netherlands often, are not very aware. Moreover even in Glory and everywhere they talk less about gyms.

I know the gyms in Romania, Ukraine, Belarus and Russia, they are many too now but only some are top. In the Netherlands there are more.

Meijiro, Vos, Chakuriki, Carbin, Mike's

I know all of them but the things changed in kickboxing, and even in the Netherlands. I want a talk between us about current productive Dutch gyms.

Some people who are fighters would love to go there to train. Best sparring is in the Netherlands plus it"s also the pointing style.

#1. Mike's Gym

No way! The sparring is great, it has Dutch style of course but technically they are more limited than some others in the country of tulips. I respect Mike though a lot for his work in Romania but as a fan this is my opinion. Passenier"s own technical style would only work maybe with world class East European heavyweights (he tries with Kwasi and others, but they are not hugely talented). Groenhart is very fast but sometimes smells the coffin. That"s why he is top, because of his speed in aggression.

Last edited:
1: Mousid Gym
2: Otmani
3: Vos
4: SuperPro (Krauweel)
5: Oude Westen

I believe these are the best gyms currently. These gyms know how to turn a beginner into a solid fighter.
Gyms like Mike's Gym, Hemmers Gym, Colloseum all have good reputations, but in my opinion, they only lure fighters away from other gyms, hardly ever create a champion themself.

Colosseum gym is in high demand and seems to be the hot gym at the moment.

Kops gym is a cool little gym in Amsterdam.

This thread is about active gyms, but Golden Glory (now known as Hemmers gym, but realistically a total different gym now) deserves a mention. It's by far the most successful gym ever, and the gym where the Glory organisation derived its name from.

F25ZleG.jpg

Colosseum gym is in high demand and seems to be the hot gym at the moment.

Kops gym is a cool little gym in Amsterdam.

This thread is about active gyms, but Golden Glory (now known as Hemmers gym, but realistically a total different gym now) deserves a mention. It's by far the most successful gym ever, and the gym where the Glory organisation derived its name from.

F25ZleG.jpg

If you count the old days as Golden Glory, i agree with you. But to my opinion, Hemmers Gym is a completly different gym compared to When it was Golden Glory.
Hemmers Gym isnt deserving to be named. Their antics to lure fighters to their gym are disgusting.
They approach talented fighters, and tell them they can only fight for Glory if they leave their current gym and switch to Hemmers Gym
They tried that shit on Regian Eersel and he declined, therefor he wont get a chance until today in Glory.

So basically what I say about Glory matchmaking is true Onne, right? They even disadvantage some of the Dutch fighters.

It's so subjective and most people only will list the gyms with the big fighters from Amsterdam. There are so many good, world class gyms in the Netherlands that it's impossible to make a fair list

If you count the old days as Golden Glory, i agree with you. But to my opinion, Hemmers Gym is a completly different gym compared to When it was Golden Glory.
Hemmers Gym isnt deserving to be named. Their antics to lure fighters to their gym are disgusting.
They approach talented fighters, and tell them they can only fight for Glory if they leave their current gym and switch to Hemmers Gym
They tried that shit on Regian Eersel and he declined, therefor he wont get a chance until today in Glory.

I said exactly as much: "This thread is about active gyms, but Golden Glory (now known as Hemmers gym, but realistically a total different gym now) deserves a mention."

Of course there's a conflict of interest when the matchmaker's son runs a gym.

Last edited:
I want opinions, guys, and only try to rank if you totally know the Dutch-based promotions. Those which are world class of course. Because, we the others, currently still lack some knowledges. Mike Passenier has many fighters in several promotions but this is not how we should rate the best.

Bernardo Braga World champion

Eduardo Maiorino WKBC World Champion, World Champion World Kickboxing League and World Heavyweight Champ (WKL).

Alexandre Breck Muaythai and MMA champion

Bernardo Braga World champion

Eduardo Maiorino WKBC World Champion, World Champion World Kickboxing League and World Heavyweight Champ (WKL).

Alexandre Breck Muaythai and MMA champion
All very famous Dutch or Dutch trained fighters.

Back