Top 5 rankings of the Dutch gyms

I'd love to train at hemmers, or mike's gym.

Despite all the criticism on this forum, I enjoyed Mike's gym when I was there for a week. They definitely train hard and sparr hard but there's a good vibe and I learnt a couple of new tricks too.

There are plenty of excellent gym’s in The Netherlands. It just depends on what qualities you rate them. The colosseum for example has an excellent strength and conditioning program the majority of their guys come in excellent shape and the same goes for Mike’s gym. Adding to the fact that also have excellent connections which makes it possible for fighters to showcase their skills in several promotions and world wide. But comparing the Colosseum & Hemmers (technical) style to the Mousid, Carbin, El otmani and nowadays ARJ/Sidyotong style.. you can see the immediate difference. And there are plenty of good other gym’s in The Netherlands that are upcoming and have that wide skillset where the unique exeptional fighters are developed. So Meh, it also depends on the rulesets they are fighting on personally I would prefer 5 x 3 thaiboxing rules with full clinch and knees and you will notice how many of those “mass” producing gym’s will fall through. But 3x3 boxing + lowkicks requires a different skillset and you know there’s nothing wrong with that, but still you don’t always see the in depth technical parts. Buuuut moving on, a quick list on good gym’s in my personal opinion.

• Mousid Gym (nowdays does only 1 on 1 trainings basically)
* ARJ TRAINING/SIDYOTONG (GUYS, these guys are producing some really exceptional good fighters and if I lived closer to The Hague I would love to train with them)
• The Colosseum/Hemmers/Mike’s Gym nonetheless these guys are doing a really good job, especially Mike’s gym with their variety of fighters and some technically adept fighters too. Don’t forget that these fighters make eachother better too and Mike’s formula seems to work, considering how many well performing athletes he has. (Serhiy adamchuk, Massaro glunder, Chris Baya, Gino Kanters, Yousri Belgarioui, STOYAN KOPRIVLENSKI, Jordann pikeur, Chico Kwasi and I am sure I have forgotten quite a few and excluding the heavyweights)
* Carbin/Bien Fighers: Great trainer, great style has all the tools to create a champion out of nothing. Deserves WAY more credit
* Vos Gym: Again Exceptional trainers in Ivan Hippolyte and Francois Lubbers, really really good quality.
* Siam Gym: Great workrate and good technical staff and an amazing trainer in Mekki Benazzouz.
* Fight Club 070 (Hafid el Boustati), Oude Westen (Khalid Chennouf a really good trainer) Team souwer/Fighting Talents (A real gem of trainers under Andy souwer & the El gaoui brothers these two brothers truly are good exceptional trainers .) Team Holzken (Strong fundamentals boxing wise and very solid k1 style) Super Pro Zevenbergen ( Dennis Krauweel excellent coach and develops some good fighters from nothing and maintains development in the fighters) Tjiarti Gym (Tijarti brothers have a really strong technical base), Elite Training center (Kamal Chabrani) once again really good trainer and good fighters coming from there with solid development. Belgium also has A lot of upcoming talents and gym’s. but that is another story.

And there are quite a few more which I might have forgotten, adding to the fact that there are also a lot of 1 on 1 trainers who have decided to develop fighters themselves. I personally train at a Gym that’s definitly not on this list yet and one that is, but my trainer has a really strong technical base including the clinch ans 5 x 3 style and I would even dare to say that he offers me more insight then a lot of the gym’s standing above, so there also are a lot of “small” gym’s with upcoming fighters that produce excellent fighters who then decide to go to one of the bigger gym’s to fight himself in the picture, so yeah. Not really the way it should be going. Majority of these small gym’s are the fundamental for fighters and even in some cases decide if they are succesful or not in the long run. There’s a saying: Once you develop the wrong habits, they are very hard to remove. So basically that.

This post nailed it.

My favorite fighters in the lighter weight categories are created by El Otmani Gym with trainers Nourdin El Otmani and Said el Badoui, curious how their fighters will do in Glory.

Ivan hypolitte and Ernesto Hoost. Ivan is an amazing trainer, very kind, patient and expert in MT, very strategic to and with a special eye for technic, and clinching in particular. The way he tutors is impressive, a real Sensei! I used to train at Vos gym under their guidance. Probably, unlike Matuari gym, the only gym in Amsterdam I know of that does training without pads and such(beginners) and always sparring(except head) at the end. It was painful at times, but I loved it!:D Thursday was the day for me, because hoost was doing the training. He would always give his advice and communicate on a personal level. Very humble and sweet fella. Yes, it was a real honor to train with them. They both have their own gyms now.
Mousid from mousid gym is among the best DKB trainers, if not the best. Mousid is technical supurb. From big Mike to Tom Harinck, they all have him in high regard. He was a phenomenal fighter himself.

1. Ivan Hypolitte
2. Ernesto Hoost
3. Mousid
4. Mejiro
5. Hemmers, Mike's gym, Nordin el Otmani(once, one of the greatest fighters in his weight, and a very nice human being. His fights against Ziani, are legendary, and among the best demonstrations of high level MT skills I have ever witnessed)

Last edited:
I dont know if vd Vathorst is still around, but he was among the very best gyms of Amsterdam. One of the pioneers.

I dont know if vd Vathorst is still around, but he was among the very best gyms of Amsterdam. One of the pioneers.
I don't think it's around anymore, but I think it's called different since a few years, with new trainers etc. Bensie Gym or something from Bensalem if I'm correct.

But did El Otmani and Tarik El Idrissi fought each other back in the days?

Just to put another name out there, Jan Pasztjerik might be one of the most underrated trainers in the Netherlands in the last 10, 15 years. The man has produced and coached/trained some good to awesome fighters, like Mustafa Dede, Murat Direkci, Luis and Wilson Tavares, Samir Boukhidous and of course Gökhan Saki.

Just to put another name out there, Jan Pasztjerik might be one of the most underrated trainers in the Netherlands in the last 10, 15 years. The man has produced and coached/trained some good to awesome fighters, like Mustafa Dede, Murat Direkci, Luis and Wilson Tavares, Samir Boukhidous and of course Gökhan Saki.
Please don't mention that fuckface KlikKlik in the same sentence as Saki, Tavares and Direcki.
Samir Boukhidous is such a scumbag in the ring, he makes Gilbert Yvel, Bob Schrijber and Palhares look like choir boys.

Please don't mention that fuckface KlikKlik in the same sentence as Saki, Tavares and Direcki.
Samir Boukhidous is such a scumbag in the ring, he makes Gilbert Yvel, Bob Schrijber and Palhares look like choir boys.
I'm not going to deny that, but outside of that he is a pretty good fighter.

I don't think it's around anymore, but I think it's called different since a few years, with new trainers etc. Bensie Gym or something from Bensalem if I'm correct.

But did El Otmani and Tarik El Idrissi fought each other back in the days?
I meant Ziani, my bad! I think this was the only loss in Nourdin's remarkable career, but he won the rematch, though.
Oh, and now that I think of it.. what a f#!ing great era that was, with exciting fighters like direkci, r. belaini, f. tijarti, kaas, ziani, Tarik El Idrissi, spong.. All of them were not only very talented fighters, strong and dynamic, but they were also tactical and technically, superb ring geniuses.. they had the full package. simply put; masters of combat. With el Otmani as my favourite of all these master craftsman. Too bad they never had the opportunity to face the doctor. It would have been spectacular, to see the mourinho of MT(with all respect), taste a different kind of his own medicine..
I am sorry to go off topic, btw, I just get too passionate, at times.

Last edited:
Making a comment sitting in a chair is worthless.
You know that a forum is just about commenting in a chair right?

But this is a serious discussion about which gym is among the best in the netherlands.
Champions Factory Holland is not among there by far. They don't have a notable reputation, nor have they notable fighters. So the only reason you mention it here is to to promote your own gym and thats not what this topic is about.

I thought it was pretty cool to see Guto Inocente train at Kops Gym. Maybe he read my post earlier in this thread ;)

Hello guys,
I will go to Amsterdam in February. I want to train in some good gyms and also take some private classes to improve my kickboxing technique. Can somebody please describe the trainining style of Mousid? I heard he is a very good trainer.
Thank you

Hello guys,
I will go to Amsterdam in February. I want to train in some good gyms and also take some private classes to improve my kickboxing technique. Can somebody please describe the trainining style of Mousid? I heard he is a very good trainer.
Thank you
check your inbox.

This post nailed it.

My favorite fighters in the lighter weight categories are created by El Otmani Gym with trainers Nourdin El Otmani and Said el Badoui, curious how their fighters will do in Glory.

Well, we have all reason to be curious now that Hamicha is in town, and there's exciting times ahead. Because, thats a sick KO to start his Glory debut with, and in such an impressive fashion?! No doubt in my mind that there is more where that came from.

Back