TOP KING Professional Shin Guards

For $50 that's a good deal for sure.

The Fairtex Pros give great protection, but I didn't find them very comfortable. To get them tight enough so that they wouldn't slip, I found the straps were digging into my calves. Protection 10/10, comfort 6/10. But everyone is shaped differently so you might find them to be perfect.

The Top Kings, on the other hand, fit me so well I could wear them for hours. No slipping problems either.
Good to hear. I'm sure they are better then my last 2 sets. The downside is I just found out the ones I ordered are the synthetic ones. No biggie though

The Top Kings are really great, they fit perfect and offer the best protection I had so far.

Are these the same ones? The logo looks different:
King Shin Pads - Thai Boxing Store

These ones are slightly heavier than the Top King and they use a two piece closure system. They are made at the Twins factory.

Green looks cool too ^_^
Top King Green Shin Guards "Professional" (Genuine Leather): TK-SGP(GL)-GR FightStuff - United Kingdom

These ones are lighter than the King ones. They use a hook and loop closure with a neoprene join between the shin pad and foot protector. Top King is made at the Top King factory. The owner of Top King was the former joint owner of King.

Ryukyu Damashi!

I'm having a hard time choosing between L and XL. I seem to remember you being shorter but bigger than me (I'm 6'2

You need the XL. I am 6ft tall and 205lbs. The large will be too short forr you.
Yes, they protect my knee cap.

Thanks!

I had a feeling. A buddy who's a bit shorter than you just got the M and they look like most other shinguards on him. Kings seem to be designed to cover a greater part of the leg than most brands, so thought his might actually be a bit small.

I'll get the XL.

Thanks!

I had a feeling. A buddy who's a bit shorter than you just got the M and they look like most other shinguards on him. Kings seem to be designed to cover a greater part of the leg than most brands, so thought his might actually be a bit small.

I'll get the XL.

How big is your friend?

Somewhere around 5'10" and 170lbs.
There is quite a bit of room between his kneecap and the shin guards whereas the correct fit for the King/Top Kings seems to be where the shin guards cover some of the kneecap.

Edit: Alright, I made the order. Time to put a lock on the gear shopping for a long ass time.

TS how tall are you? I ordered a xl also and Im 6'2". I'm wondering if they'll be big enough.

They will be fine. They actually don't cover the kneecap. But the patella ligament

Somewhere around 5'10" and 170lbs.
There is quite a bit of room between his kneecap and the shin guards whereas the correct fit for the King/Top Kings seems to be where the shin guards cover some of the kneecap.

Edit: Alright, I made the order. Time to put a lock on the gear shopping for a long ass time.

Sounds like a medium would be perfect for me then. 5'7" 160 here :)

Medium works for me too. 5'10". I just got mine off of ebay and have used them a couple of times. I'm really impressed with them. They don's slip at all and I don't feel like I have to wrench them down around my legs. The padding is excellent. I've been dealing with a bone bruise on my left shin. I thought it was healed and was blocking and kicking with these on. No pain. Took them off and lightly made some shin to shin contact and it instantly swelled and hurt. I do wish there was a little more length to the straps. While I'm not very tall, I do have thick calves. I could use another inch on the straps. The height and instep is perfect for me.

I just got mine in - blue and XL.

Length-wise you were definitely right about the size, I do have a hell of a lot of extra velcro on the lower strap though :)
I think I need to experiment a bit with the strapping system as they seem to turn a bit outwards on me when I use them.

Tell my if I'm 190 cm and 78 kg (172 lbs), need to buy L or XL? If i buy L is not whether they will be too short for my height 190 cm?
Apologies for the Google-translator.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ryukyu Damashi, you can take pictures as they sit on the leg?
Apologies for the Google-translator.

Would you guys recommend S or M for me?

5'7"
148 lbs
ankle to bottom of knee cap is 14.25"
ankle to top of shin bone is about 13"

Thanks!

Last edited:
Back