TOP KING Professional Shin Guards

Thanks!

You don't think the medium will be too big for me?

Online it says:

S - 14"
M - 15"

Just want to ask one more question.

Where are the top part of these shin guards suppose to stop at?

-Below the knee cap
-Right at the bottom edge of the knee cap
-or
-Above the knee cap

Thanks!!

Just want to ask one more question.

Where are the top part of these shin guards suppose to stop at?

-Below the knee cap
-Right at the bottom edge of the knee cap
-or
-Above the knee cap

Thanks!!

a friend of mine has these, it depends on preference but probably not above the knee cap...

Cool thanks!

I think I am going to go Medium.

hey I am going to buy a pair of these I am 5'10 and 165 lbs. I think the large is a good choice for me anyone have any feedback? thanks

I'm 5'8 and got the large... they fit perfectly.

AND these are by far the best shin guards I've ever used. They look like they'll be bulky but they are surprisingly light weight.

I just got mine in - blue and XL.

Length-wise you were definitely right about the size, I do have a hell of a lot of extra velcro on the lower strap though :)
I think I need to experiment a bit with the strapping system as they seem to turn a bit outwards on me when I use them.

I had the same problem. Take them to a cobbler or a tailor, have them add extra velcro and cut off the excess.

I'm new to MT - after a few classes of being frustrated by my neoprene instep style grappling/MT shinguards sliding around on me - I picked up a set of Top Kings because...

A. My instructor uses them
B. They have very high reviews on here and elsewhere

I've only had 2 sparring sessions with them so far but the difference is night and day. When you strap these things down they don't move around at all. And the offer a HUGE amount of protection - you seriously can't feel anything but the diminished force when you check a kick. Its like having tree-bark on your shins.

I recommend these a lot, especially for non-fat asses like me who have slim legs - the strap system is just superior to what I was using before.

**EDIT** Also - I don't believe the neoprene is the "***** in the armor" of these things - If you feel that part with your thumb its actually pretty thick there. I believe its actually the foot pad part. there is a real thin area there(on the leather part) before the foam starts. This little sliver + the natural weakness where the two parts meet in the stitching area is probably what an elbow snuck through. It's a very small area but I could see how an unlucky block could hurt.

Last edited:
My review Top King Shin Guards:

PROS:
1. It is very tight and strong defense. I think that they will protect your feet even from the most powerful kick from a professional fighter.
2. Very well made. Create the impression of a quality product that will last for many years.
CONS:
1. Not quite comfortable. That shields to not move during a workout - you need to strongly tighten belts, but in this case they put pressure on the leg. I would not say that a lot of pressure, but cause discomfort. There is much more convenient Shin Guards.
2. This heavy Shin Guards - 450 grams each. And quite large. This causes no problems during training. Due to this, they provide good protection, but first, they take up much space in your bag, and secondly, is inconvenient to carry. Personally I prefer the more compact and lighter, as I have to go two kilometers to the training hall.
3. Often get with small skin defects (scratches). Aesthetically not very good, but quite insensibly if not look near.

I am 188 cm and 84 kg. Took a size L - my size, but I think that size XL also fit me.
Sold them because I prefer the more comfortable Shin Guards. Top King Shin Guards suit professional fighters, where a very strong beat and need a good solid defense. For beginners, I would advise to take a more compact, lightweight and comfortable Shin Guards.

Back