Top King World Series 2014 Buakaw, Kehl, Nagbe, Kulebin...

yodsanklai

White Belt
Reaction score
Here we go! K-1 rules with elbows, 16-man tournament.

131eb70c9f21a4a391822caaef601525.jpg

First part 13.09.2014 in Minsk, Belarus
Buakaw Banchamek
Victor Nagbe
Andrei Kulebin
Eisa Alamda
Dmytro Konstantinov
Zheng Chunyu
Salah Khalifa
Khayal Dzhaniev

Second part 01.11.2014 in Paris, France
Enriko Kehl
Armen Petrosyan
Warren Stevelmans
Crice Boussoukou
Landon Simmons
Hicham Chaibi
Vladimir Konsky
Marcin Parcheta

Not so sure about the names. They are likely to change.

Ero6Tqd.jpg

Not with Kunlun this time but ACC. Another Chinese org.

kMIlixY.jpg

qcPubzp.jpg

So the card is a draft and for a different place and time :)
Guess most of it could stay the same still.

Can we watch this. or is it gonna be like thai fight where you get to watch it 6 month later?

Aikpracha vs Reece is a great matchup.

Also, Snake Leader is on the card.

what are K1 rules with Elbows?

Can we watch this. or is it gonna be like thai fight where you get to watch it 6 month later?

evey thai fight event is live and is uploaded couple hours later. You probably mean Yokkao.

Wicked body kick caught him reaching and exposed good stuff from the fighter from Eron

I almost spit out my drink when I saw Snake Leader. Hopefully he really goes by that.

I'm guessing more or less

K-1 RULES
Each match is three or five rounds in duration, with each round lasting three minutes.
The match can end by Knockout, Technical Knockout, Decision, Disqualification, Draw or No Contest.
Both the referee and the ring doctor have full authority to stop the fight.
The fight is scored by three judges on a ten-point must system (The winner of each round receives ten points, and the loser receives nine or less. If the round is even, both competitors receive ten points).
If there is a draw after three rounds, the judges' scores are thrown out and one or two extra three-minute rounds are contested. The judges' decision will then come from the scoring of each extra round only. If, after the extra round(s), there is still a draw, the judges will decide a winner based on the flow of the entire match, considering even the slightest difference. A fight can only end in a draw if both fighters go down at the same time and cannot get up, or in the case of accidental injury in the late stages of the contest.
The three-knockdown rule is in effect (three knockdowns in a round results in a technical knockout).
The mandatory eight count is in effect (the referee must count to at least "eight" on all knockdowns).
The standing eight count is in effect (the referee has the right to declare a knockdown on a fighter who appears to be in a dangerous condition to continue in the match).
A fighter can be saved by the bell only in the last round.
In K-1 single elimination tournament matches:
Each match is three rounds in duration.
The three-knockdown rule becomes a two-knockdown rule for all matches except the final.
One or two reserve fights are held prior to the single elimination matches. If for any reason a fighter who wins and advances through the brackets is unable to continue, a reserve match competitor, or the fighter's opponent from the most recent match, takes his place. There are certain exceptions to this rule (i.e. a fighter who lost a match by knockout might not be eligible to replace another fighter).
Fouls[edit]
The following actions in K-1 are considered fouls:[15]
Using the head or elbow to deliver a blow
Attacking the opponent in the groin
Delivering wrestling or judo throwing or submission techniques
Thumbing, choking or biting the opponent
Punching the opponent in the throat
Attacking the opponent while he is down or in the process of getting up
Attacking the opponent after the referee calls a break
Holding the ropes
Using offensive language to the referee
Attacking the back of the head with a punch
Attempting to cause the opponent to fall out of the ring
Voluntarily exiting the ring during the course of a match
Attacking an opponent who turns around and shows his back (if the opponent loses his will to fight)
Delivering a backspin blow in an unauthorized area
Charging inside the opponent's arms with the head held low (inducing a head-butt)
Fighting in a passive manner (without attacking), including continuous holding and clinching
Attacking more than once while holding the opponent's kicking leg, or while holding the opponent's neck with both hands
A fighter is penalized as follows:
Caution

wow!

Berneung vs Daniel Kerr,Saensatan vs Kulyaba,Aikpracha vs Reece Mc Allister

that is a lot of good level farang vs Thai,especially to see McAllister against Aikpracha under FTR,will be a hard test for both

But what about Dzaniev and Sanny Dahlbeck on the poster,would be a fucking awesome if they match these two

Martin Mati is gonna feel the wrath of Snake Leader! Pracha vs McAlistair should be awesome too!

Sounds very interesting. Why not just make it FTR?

I'm sure it will be more inline with a Thai Fight/ Max Muaythai structure.

Any vids from the sept 20th event? I missed most of the fights.

nice!!!
the russian kid should be on the card as well, the rematch with buakaw was postponed because he was booked for topking in december.i would be surprised if he wasn't.

I think they don't want thai judging criteria....who can blame them

most fighters I don't know

kulebin is a very good fighter but hasn't looked too good in recent times....and he's quite small for a 70kgs fighter

stevelmans is a punching bag at this point.....on a 6 fight losing streak including two losses in glory against over the hill kraus and against hollenbeck

the strongest fighters I know on that list have already lost easily to buakaw (kehl and nagbe)...

armen petrosyan is no gevorg...he can do well in this tourney of course but he's not elite

maybe some of the fighters I don't know can surprise me but those that I do know are either on a bad streak or stand 0 chance against buakaw

easy money for buakaw
Not so sure about the names. They are likely to change.

it would become interesting if they added some top names

Thanks! Embree is good but Petchboonchu was too much for him.

Thanks! Embree is good but Petchboonchu was too much for him.

Ya there was no way he was going to beat Petchboonchu IMO. Embree is good but fighting guys like Saenchai and Petchboonchu back to back isn't very good for him, wayyyy too high level.

Salah Khalifa is an ENglish guy who fights at 68-70. He trains out of Knowlesey academy/team tieu. He is a good fighter.
Here is the best and worst of him

[YT]nWD7UC8scI8[/YT]

[YT]DPpCsRUfZnA[/YT]

[YT]iaOl45N4KbA[/YT]

[YT]rNtu2QBdBrE[/YT]

So Id say this is pretty clear evidence that Topking is a Western MT promotion that doesnt use Thai scoring.

Calling it now Buakaw vs Enricko Kehl in the finals lol.

would have gone to the one in Paris if Buakaw would be on that card. damn.

yodpayak was just playing around lol..........

Nak Muay just means Boxer. What's so weird being called a boxer?

Don't know the other guys but Kelubin and Nagbe are 'nak muay'

well than I must have understood the terminology differently

what I meant to say was: there's only room for 1 thai in a 16 men tournament because buakaw does not want any other thai than himself

there's enough room to at least ad 1 but of course buakaw represents the entire country.....no need for other thai :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

do people see how unfair that is? with that attitude he probaly blocks other thai from being signed to fights

well than I must have understood the terminology differently

what I meant to say was: there's only room for 1 thai in a 16 men tournament because buakaw does not want any other thai than himself

there's enough room to at least ad 1 but of course buakaw represents the entire country.....no need for other thai :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

do people see how unfair that is? with that attitude he probaly blocks other thai from being signed to fights

Aren't the 16 participants from 16 different countrys? If Top King can only chose 1 person from Thailand it's kinda obvious to take Buakaw from a marketing standpoint.

Nah cheap for now. Runs like ass at times though :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NiTrok
Back