TOPBOXER Winning inspired custom sparring boxing gloves review

shihtzu

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Despite I like Topboxer, I am always trying to be very objective and unbiased.

Also since I have owned over 100 pairs by different brands I really can compare the gloves at any stage of the use.

Anyway, back to the review. See the pictures first.

nw535Zr.jpg

kr0COoZ.jpg

8HDIWTi.jpg

2jgkjW6.jpg

Last edited:
The gloves were made by topboxer11 and are available only from him, you can reach him at [email protected]

These are 16 oz. sparring lace-up gloves based on Winning MS-600

Construction

These gloves are made with cowhide leather and layered foam. The cowhide is of a very good quality, thick and looks durable. Maroon cowhide is different, it is A M A Z I N G .

The stitching is excellent as usual with topboxer11.

The lining is topboxer's usual lining which I like as I mentioned in my previous reviews. Anyway, from topboxer you can get any kind of lining.

The weight is almost exactly 16 oz. and both gloves are identical in weight (can you hear it, Hayabusa?!).

They are a bit wide (just like Winning MS-600 or Reyes 16 oz. for example) on the other hand 14 oz. Winning are too narrow for some of big guys.

Performance

The main point all of you were expecting a review of these gloves.

So... The padding was based on Winning and except one layer which was replaced is (at least topboxer claims it is) the same. I cannot judge it of course, what I can judge is how it feels and performs.

So how do they perform? These are very good gloves in terms of performance. The feeling of impact is very nice (not springy like Hayabusa).

Used for over 100 rounds on a heavy bag, for sparring and on mitts and nobody complained - neither my sparring partners, nor my hands :)

The foam does not feel identical to Winning MS-600 but it feels similar. Also it does not absorb quite as good as Winning MS-600 but very well anyway. I really like the way these gloves feel with every punch.

I am pretty sure these gloves will be enough protective for any of you in sparring despite they are not as good as Winning MS-600 in terms of absorption.
I am not saying they do not absorb well, they do.

You can make a very good fist in these and they are comfortable from the very beginning.

Particularly the thumbs of these gloves are excellent (can you hear it, Hayabusa?!).

As for the wrist support, well, 1) they are lace-up, 2) imo the wrist support is even maybe a tiny bit better than in case of Winning (but not much).

Your can land very correctly in them (once broken in a bit).

Vs. Winning

Well, these gloves are not 100% identical to Winning in any area, but they are similar.

The feeling is similar, the fit is very good, the fist is nice, the absorption is very good, the craftsmanship is excellent and the cost is extremely reasonable.

These gloves are excellent sparring gloves. You really cannot go wrong with them and they worth the cost. I would never pick up Reyes/Grant over them. Beside Winning they are my favourite gloves (I prefer Tokushu overy anything incl. Winning for a heavy bag work).

Anyway, these gloves feel great. They are not quite as great as 16 oz. Winning though.

My honest opinion is they are probably the best value 16 oz. sparring gloves on the market.

I am especially recommending getting these gloves in the maroon stock version - excellent gloves and a superb luxury leather.

Last edited:
Final judgement

These gloves are made with an excellent leather (especially those maroon colour gloves, which are exceptional in terms of the leather quality), very nice lining and with a superb stitching.

They look very much like Winning, feel rather similar, but do not perform quite equally. At the same time their performance is very good anyway. They are very comfortable and protective (especially for sparring).

I can feel no lining issues now.

Considering their price incl. postage in my opinion they are a very good value sparring gloves and I would definitely choose them over Reyes and Grant.

Maroon gloves.

i7zX8dd.jpg

iLMIg4E.jpg

6xhlEfX.jpg

Last edited:
Im ordering a pair tomorrow, with a 4 inch velcro closure. I have serious hand problems, so I hope these will solve them!

Thanks for taking the time to write this review. Really looking forward to getting mine.

Also, thanks for getting in touch with Topboxer to address any initial concerns, I'm sure this will pay off greatly for those of us whose gloves are in the pipeline.

Excellent review. Those are some damn nice looking gloves. The black with the gold accent is classy. Looking forward to updates as you use and abuse these:)

Thank you for the review and for your feedback meant to improve the future revisions of the gloves. It is all very helpful.

as for the foam bottoming out on my winnings, I just think it mustve been the guys headgear being too hard, he ran into my right hand & i hit him right on the forhead. I haven't bottomed them out on the bag I think.

Great review as always. TopBoxer has done another great job.

Thank you guys!

as for the foam bottoming out on my winnings, I just think it mustve been the guys headgear being too hard, he ran into my right hand & i hit him right on the forhead. I haven't bottomed them out on the bag I think.

Great review as always. TopBoxer has done another great job.

I was just kidding my friend :) Thank you!

Actually my heavy bag is damn stiff and quite heavy, so I believe this testing is good to show the level of absorption. Of course I am going to test them in sparring as well anyway.

The leather looks loose in the first pic, probably just the way the lights accentuating it, eh? Also, that's still the old logo.

The leather looks loose in the first pic, probably just the way the lights accentuating it, eh? Also, that's still the old logo.

It is a bit loose indeed. This is the very first pair, topboxer has fixed it immediately with all the following pairs (the loose leather makes him mad lol). Actually it is a bit loose on many Winning 16 oz.

Still the old logo.

It is a bit loose indeed. This is the very first pair, topboxer has fixed it immediately with all the following pairs (the loose leather makes him mad lol). Actually it is a bit loose on many Winning 16 oz.

Still the old logo.
I am ordering a pair, which lining should ibbe requesting?

I am ordering a pair, which lining should ibbe requesting?

It is not that important, it is up to you. So called "playboy" lining or silky, whatever you prefer.

Last edited:
thank you for this initial review, really looking forward to the part 2.

so far, I am not impressed, "they worth the cost" is not something I want to hear :D considering the cost is not that high.

lining is a huge deal for me, i hate the loose lining, it always districts me, especially during the summer months when its hot and lining gets disgustingly wet and sticks to my fingers and what not, but this is more of a personal issue. as you said, hopefully it will get fixed.

what was the all in cost for these, western union fees, shipping and etc?

additionally not having a more convenient payment option is somewhat of a deal breaker for me too - western union is a pain. dont even start me on the fact that i am actually going to be sending cash to pakistan, this can potentially raise all kinds of red flags.

as i said, I am really looking forward to the part 2 of the review but so far, for me personally, all the above overweights the benefits of having the gloves that worth their cost

thank you for this initial review, really looking forward to the part 2.

so far, I am not impressed, "they worth the cost" is not something I want to hear :D considering the cost is not that high.

lining is a huge deal for me, i hate the loose lining, it always districts me, especially during the summer months when its hot and lining gets disgustingly wet and sticks to my fingers and what not, but this is more of a personal issue. as you said, hopefully it will get fixed.

what was the all in cost for these, western union fees, shipping and etc?

additionally not having a more convenient payment option is somewhat a deal breaker for me too - western union is a pain. dont even start me on the fact that i am actually going to be sending cash to pakistan, this can potentially raise all kinds of red flags.

as i said, I am really looking to the part 2 of the review but so far, for me personally, all the above overweights the benefits of having the gloves that worth their cost

May I ask what did you expect? :) I mean what sort of gloves are you looking for?

My gloves were a aprt of a big order, which affected the price. However the cost for first 20 pairs is 125 shipped (stock, not custom) as far as I know, plus WU fees (which is widely known, paypal is prohibited in Pakistan). But rather ask topboxer.

The lining is neither loose, nor bad, it is just not attached in a way identical to Winning (which you can hardly know if you haven't owned Winning).

The review is objective and honest, this is why you are not impressed. I am not going to tell they are 99.9 as good as Winning, but yes, they are great gloves. Also I am not a member of Clauders' gang to claim "The best gloves ever made!!!!!!", they are not, but they are far better than Reyes, Grant, Heritage etc. and a the best gloves beside Winning imo

Also you are not impressed probably because you do not need them :)
They perform very, very well, there are really few competitors in this area (Winning and Tokushu mainly).

Sweet review shihtzu. Seemed like a long time coming and glad they finally made it through the rat maze of customs to you. Looking forward to part 2 review

The pics look sexy

Back