TOPBOXER Winning inspired custom sparring boxing gloves review

I'm not going to write a review as I think everything has been pretty much covered. I've got the same 16oz Maroon/Gold gloves as Dtenny10 and my initial impression is very positive.

I agree that some elastic on the opening would be beneficial, and the strap could be a bit better, but these are some very nice gloves, they ooze quality.

Also, just for the record my gloves weigh 16.3oz each, pretty damn good.

I'm not going to write a review as I think everything has been pretty much covered. I've got the same 16oz Maroon/Gold gloves as Dtenny10 and my initial impression is very positive.

I agree that some elastic on the opening would be beneficial, and the strap could be a bit better, but these are some very nice gloves, they ooze quality.

Also, just for the record my gloves weigh 16.3oz each, pretty damn good.

is your right/left glove at least built the same????....unlike that other oair the guy showed???

the price dosent sound so good when you might get 2 gloves built differently.

is your right/left glove at least built the same????....unlike that other oair the guy showed???

the price dosent sound so good when you might get 2 gloves built differently.

Mine are fine, the thumb placements are great for me. The gloves are almost identical to be honest, far better than I've had from other manufacturers.

For $125 delivered to the UK, I can't think of a better pair of sparring gloves.

(theyre not custom gloves)

I would cut the attachment if I were you, looking at those gloves, Dtenny, and if you plan on keeping them. It hurts resale value a little but if you know how to make a fist properly, which hopefully you do, it won't affect anything else negatively.

(theyre not custom gloves)

I would cut the attachment if I were you, looking at those gloves, Dtenny, and if you plan on keeping them. It hurts resale value a little but if you know how to make a fist properly, which hopefully you do, it won't affect anything else negatively.

then hopefully its a one off for what he normally sends out.

No reason you should be cutting thumb attachments on good gloves unless theya rent made right....right????

just playing devil advocate here but i'd be pissed, I wouldn't cut anything, demand a shipping label and send them back for a return or exchange. I'd be pissed if I received those.

t

No reason you should be cutting thumb attachments on good gloves unless theya rent made right....right????
No idea what "rent made" means but there are absolutely reasons to cut thumb attachments on good gloves. It is fairly silly to think otherwise.

We did already go over all that in another thread, and besides "it's stupid", and the impact on resale value, there are no negatives to doing so if you know how to form a fist with your hand properly.

If you can't do that then you might need the thumb attachment but there's probably other things a person would want to concentrate on first besides what boxing gloves to get, if that were the case.

sorry man, not reading your link. If I order new gloves and I ned to cut something...those gloves are gone. My tokushus are no exception. Furthermore, if one glove from a pair needs to be cut yet the other dosent...thats a problem.

as for the "rent" that should have been aren't but im typing with my finger in a splint at the moment.

I dont understand how you can say its silly.

its silly to expect that something you are buying is made properly??? its silly to think that a pair of gloves should match each other??? I don't get it. I know you like these gloves but how can you sit here and say that I' m wrong and that the guy should cut the attachment and move on??? theres more wrong with that pair than the thumb attachment.

can you honestly say that if you got those gloves, you would be cool with it and wouldnt have a problem cutting the thumb attachment on brand new 150 dollar gloves that you waited a month to get???

c'mon man...

(125, not 150 dollars)

If I got Reyes and wanted to keep them I'd have to cut the thumb attachment, otherwise they're too uncomfortable (even afterwards it doesnt improve by all that much). Are no Reyes training gloves "made properly"?

I'd be hurting my hands anyway in them with how easily the padding compresses. I know your favourite bag gloves are BGV9. Those arent suitable for people with long fingers, as you wont be able to make a fist properly in them. You end up hitting on your fingers. The seam at the fingertips exacerbates that problem and with me, I ended up blistering my fingers. Are they "made properly"? If you can correct a problem in a glove with something as simple as cutting the attachment, you'd be foolish not to.

The person whos gloves they are seems happy with them enough for 125. I'd have to actually have the gloves in front of me and see how they fit to tell if I'd be happy. What I can say is that I'm happy with the pair that I have.

(125, not 150 dollars)

If I got Reyes and wanted to keep them I'd have to cut the thumb attachment, otherwise they're too uncomfortable (even afterwards it doesnt improve by all that much). Are no Reyes training gloves "made properly"?

I'd be hurting my hands anyway in them with how easily the padding compresses. I know your favourite bag gloves are BGV9. Those arent suitable for people with long fingers, as you wont be able to make a fist properly in them. You end up hitting on your fingers. The seam at the fingertips exacerbates that problem and with me, I ended up blistering my fingers. Are they "made properly"? If you can correct a problem in a glove with something as simple as cutting the attachment, you'd be foolish not to.

The person whos gloves they are seems happy with them enough for 125. I'd have to actually have the gloves in front of me and see how they fit to tell if I'd be happy. What I can say is that I'm happy with the pair that I have.

Fair enough, I'm glad you like yours, I guess if I tried Reyes gloves on and the thumb was bad, I just wouldn't get them rather than get them and cut them up. I didn't have the opportunity to try the hayabusas before buying them but had I been able too, I probably would have passed.

I have received gloves before that were mismatched sort of lime te ones in those pictures, they
Never settled in because there was nothing to settle in, the manufacturer claimed it was from shipping and it would sort itsel out but the fact was that tey weren't made the same. For the record, I would say this about ANY glove that looked like that, it's not this particular set, I'd be saying the same thing if it was winning, fairtex, whatever. And I also meant no offense to you so sorry if I came across as such.

What was the issue with your thumb? Mine are just a tad too tight on the seam.

I had a bit of a grumpy rant last night (was 3am in the morning when I got home!
I guess I'm finding out that it's very easy to make the wrong impressions on these forums. Difficult to set the intended tone......

But in answer to your question, the gloves were fine apart from right thumb. The attachment seems to be connected to the rest of the glove 1cm further back than the left. Means the thumb is held out of position. I'm going to give it a few more sessions to see if it breaks in, and if not I'll either try cutting the attachement (Minowafanatic sees no issues here and so am less concerned now about doing that). I think it was just an oversight. If neither of those things work, I'm sure Topboxer will sort me out. Other than the thumb, the gloves are very protective & comfortable. I did mention that if I was to go custom again I would tweak a few things, but I still think, overall, these gloves are very good.

i am glad the issue has been resolved...
enjoy your gloves.
thanks

Back