TopBoxer's Gloves and headgear!

Zishan

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Quality :
These gloves and headgear are made in complete leather construction! I decided
get these gloves because I truly wanted get a custom pair of gloves. I wasn't going to settle for grants lol. The leather is hands down one of the best I've seen on any product ever! I own a pair Winnings and I honestly could say I personally like Topboxer's leather better. Not that Winnings leather lack quality or anything of that nature just a matter of personal choice! The stitching is done well, no loose threads. Protection wise I've enjoyed them so far, not sure if the layered foam needs breaking in or not! The headgear was made equally as good or better than the gloves I'm not sure.

I always wanted a facebar headgear and this one IS NOT BULKY as thought it would be! My head size is around 21 inches I asked for 22 so I got a close enough perfect fit with the laces! The gear is definitely my favourite of ALL TIME!!!

FIT & COMFORT:
When I first got the gloves, I was bit skeptical about the package from DHL and I knew what it was... When I first ripped opened the package my firsts were "oh daaaaaaamn" Literally lol. The shipping came in perfect no scratches! I put these gloves on with wraps and the fit snug for me.

Also, The wrist protection is great you wont bend your wrist backwards its stiff enough and very, very comfortable gloves. The liner Muhammad used is a thick one, not sure if that's for everyone.

PROTECTION:
I did multiple rounds on the pads. I really have to stay these are best gloves I've used for this size. Every shot I was throwing was protected too well. The padding does a great job of reducing the impact. It was kind of a interesting feeling because I'm used to using IMF foam type gloves, it was definitely a good experience using these!

Furthermore, I used 150" rival Mexican wraps and it didn't get overwhelming hot or anything. The wrist protection was great I didn't have any awkward loose wrist space with the laces and I have tiny ass wrists and forearms. Lastly, the thumb placement was quite natural.

The headgear is the best headgear I've used hands down. I don't have experience using winning's facebar but I've used title, everlast, and GFG's PVC headgear.
I felt no punches coming through and it was extremely comfortable and light! My nose was well protected, I sort of dislike open face headgear's because I'd always end up getting a swollen nose lol! This helps quite a bit.This will be my standard headgear for years to come!

VALUE:
I'm going to post some pictures. In my eyes these gloves are well worth the price tag! I feel great about having these.

If you guys have any questions about the gear let me know, or if you guys want to try on the headgear etc! By the way.... I'm a huge batman fan.... lol.
xmtt3o.jpg

10poqio.jpg

2hcqcft.jpg

20j639x.jpg

b5fket.jpg

nh0zv7.jpg

Last edited:
That is freakin' awesome!

Nice bro, you should have got them to put some batman ear with your headgear too.

Damn Z...you never told me this is what you had in store. Love it bro.

Cool looking but the vision must be very restricted no? The nose bar looks huge, as well as the padding in the forehead which leaves you tiny space in the middle to look thorough. Can you put it on and make a picture? What type of padding do they use for their gloves and headgear? Standard foam? The leather looks very glossy as well, almost artificial. But nice looking design anyway. :D

Can you put them next to your Winning gloves for comparison? They look a lot like the old Ringside IMF Tech gloves.

I know it wasn't directed at me but Gonz, Bealieu is the shit lol...seriously. Get with these guys on a project and they make it happen.

The leather is not really glossy, it depends what you ask for. If you ask for grey but then add silver and patent as Z did, you're gonna get some flash with that :D. The grey looks normal to me though. If you see Bill's facebook page albums you can see his leather is top notch and comes in the "normal" looking variants as well.

Padding you can get literally whatever the hell you want lol (except 100% replicate of Winning padding because no one knows what the hell Winning is doing to those gloves). Back to the point though...you can ask for IMF, or Latex, or Layered padding, all to different density specifications (i.e for mine I said make it layered and make sure it's dense enough that I won't hurt myself on the bag and soft enough that I can spar with it after some time breaking it in on a bag if I so choose too...was the closest to winning i could think of in my mind). The padding can also be orthodic...so it moulds like a custom fit to your hand. That's what I'm about. I haven't even received my gloves yet but I'm pretty excited. Muhammad is the ultimate glovemaker for me right now. I probably won't buy another pair of winnings...I have one and that's good.

I have two gloves left to round out my size collection (10, 12, 14, and 16 lol). Winnings are 12, incoming bealieus are 16... 10 oz I'm thinking actually will be bealieu again when that time comes...and 14 will be a mexican brand since I gotta get with Juan for something...he's just too good of a friend not to do business with at some point.

Thanks man. I was just wondering because the leather in the cuff and inside your palm (black leather) definitely looks like patent leather but maybe that's just the picture. I'm also one of those guys I won't try gloves or gear in general with standard foam. They just don't last long and they don't offer any protection for my hands and head. So that's always the one thing I have to consider before buying gear. How much do you pay for say some 16 oz custom gloves with orthopedic foam or just standard foam? How about the headgear? I'm curious. I might give it a shot.

Thanks man. I was just wondering because the leather in the cuff and inside your palm (black leather) definitely looks like patent leather but maybe that's just the picture.

No, that's exactly what I was saying. The black IS patent leather. Bill offers patent. The silver on the split thumb and inside palm is metallic leather. Bill offers metallic. The grey on the backhand is standard leather...still looking good.

I'm also one of those guys I won't try gloves or gear in general with standard foam. They just don't last long and they don't offer any protection for my hands and head. So that's always the one thing I have to consider before buying gear. How much do you pay for say some 16 oz custom gloves with orthopedic foam or just standard foam? How about the headgear? I'm curious. I might give it a shot.

There was a time where Bill and topboxer were doing ALL CUSTOMIZATIONS for 149.99 when normally 149.99 was standard stuff only and customization was more...I'm not sure if they still are running that flat rate for everything...maybe they did that just to be nice and raise awareness...but it was running for a really long time.

Headgear and gloves I think are both 150-170 each though...whatever it is...I'm fairly sure their gloves, shoes, and headgear all cost the exact same....whatever that cost is.

Alright thanks man but that's a bit too much dough. But they definitely look cool that's for sure. :)

Isn't that just slightly more than the tokushu? Either way, it is actually quite a bit...but compared to grant...for the customization....this is a good business. Maybe they'll run christmas sales or something...granted I probably won't be buying new gloves for a while.

Well the Tokushu's were 80 bucks (here) for me so I gave them a try with all the glowing reviews and the fact Hayabusa is guaranteeing that the foam will basically not give in and fail on you. I'd never pay more than 100 for Grants either. And at 150-200 bucks this gear just doesn't have the reputation yet for me to spend that much without guaranteeing me the same protection and durability as Winning gear. That's something you will have to see in a few years. Right now nobody can tell. I'll pay some more and get Winnings instead. But I guess this is a better option than paying 300-400 for the shitty Grant gear if you pay half the price. Grant gear doesn't last long and the foam they use is pretty standard.

Thanks man. I was just wondering because the leather in the cuff and inside your palm (black leather) definitely looks like patent leather but maybe that's just the picture. I'm also one of those guys I won't try gloves or gear in general with standard foam. They just don't last long and they don't offer any protection for my hands and head. So that's always the one thing I have to consider before buying gear. How much do you pay for say some 16 oz custom gloves with orthopedic foam or just standard foam? How about the headgear? I'm curious. I might give it a shot.

Gonz I did reviews on what you can get, even 2 vids to boot. He did get patented leather btw.

Also, you can get traditional layered, IMF (Soft, Med, Hard Densities), Ortho.

The gear starts off at 150 for customization, you can provide all the measurements you need, for a truly tailored fit, get with Topboxer he can answer just about anything you throw at him.

Well the Tokushu's were 80 bucks (here) for me so I gave them a try with all the glowing reviews and the fact Hayabusa is guaranteeing that the foam will basically not give in and fail on you. I'd never pay more than 100 for Grants either. And at 150-200 bucks this gear just doesn't have the reputation yet for me to spend that much without guaranteeing me the same protection and durability as Winning gear. That's something you will have to see in a few years. Right now nobody can tell. I'll pay some more and get Winnings instead. But I guess this is a better option than paying 300-400 for the shitty Grant gear if you pay half the price. Grant gear doesn't last long and the foam they use is pretty standard.

Well, yes, but Tokushu usually don't cost 80 dollars. Nowhere. 80 EUR maybe, but not dollars.

Winning gloves are excellent (well at least lace-up or modified velcro) but 2x as expensive.

Beaulieu stuff does perform very good though, excellent craftsmanship, custom choices, foam (all types) are excellent but the ortho is pretty freaking unreal.

nice stuff you got there. I like the batman theme, I dont think I'd do it, but its cool.

The the TB silver is hands down the prettiest silver so far, and I own quite a bit lol

Well, yes, but Tokushu usually don't cost 80 dollars. Nowhere. 80 EUR maybe, but not dollars.

Winning gloves are excellent (well at least lace-up or modified velcro) but 2x as expensive.
Well it was 80 Euros shipped, that's a great deal considering what you're getting. With this gear however I'd have to drop at least 150 on a pair of gloves (standard model at that) + shipping + customs fees. Not gonna do it. I'd rather spend 2 x the amount on gear that I know for a fact will offer me top notch protection and durability for many years instead of trying to save some money and still pay a lot for gear that doesn't really have a reputation yet in terms of the quality/protection/durability. I know they look nice and everything but I can get the IMF Tech from Ringside for half the price and they probably offer the same type of protection / durability. Maybe slightly better / more, who knows. If their gloves start out (!) at 150 that's pretty much the standard foam/leather they use. And in that case like I said I rather stick with Hayabusa and even Ringside, R2C, Rival and so on because I know what I'm getting there and I'm saving a lot of money. I'm not big on customization anyway. I have some Winning gold stuff but nothing beats plain & clean looking white or black gloves/headgear. No logos, no fancy tribals, nothing. Unfortunately you don't see this stuff out there anymore.

But to each his own. If you pay that much for this stuff and you're happy with it because you like how they look or how they perform then they're right for you. Maybe I just don't have the dough to spend it on something I don't know 100% whether it's gonna last or not. If I had 1000 bucks laying around and nothing to spend it on I'd give it a shot. But I don't. And if I have to pay anything close to 150 I rather save up another 100 and get the Winnings. But that's just me. Not trying to put his/their brand down, not saying it's not good or whatnot. It's just not for me. There's people that are into Grant, for them this is a good option I guess. Don't think their stuff is an option for somebody looking for Winning type gear.

Back