Topuria Whoops Holloway

Max has already beaten every other "new gen" FW he fought - Ortega, Yair, Kattar, Arnold

If Ilia wins it'll because Max chin is finally cracked most likely because of Gaethje like Islam against Volk.
I love how y guys never admit ilia is just better fighter
Bryce had flu
Emmett is bad striker
Volka is old
Max chin will be gone

Yeah ilia is just lucky right? Lol

Holloway vs Top is one hell of a fight even though Max has got to be past it at this point, and its getting kind of hold having him at the highest level. the 4 Volk decision losses and Poirier beatdown has me not high on him ever being near the title again.

But...this would be a fight where it guaranteed one of two outcomes. Either Holloway exposes Top and beats his ass down with volume and range. Or...Top finally shatters Max iron chin and we see him out cold for the first time.

I was going to said that even before the Volk fight but too many max fans around here.

I had good reasons to I know Topuria was able to beat Volk. Yeah we all know about 35+ year old records in championship fight at 170 and lower. And we all know that Volk may be affected by Islam KO. But even without these factors, I would still take ilia because Ilia is the only very good boxer with knock out power that Alex has faced. Not only that he has a wrestling base.

Look at Volk’s past opponent’s
-Max - very good boxing but no power
-Ortega - elite JJ guy
-Yair - good kicks but not great boxing
- Mendes - wrestler
-Korean - no boxing defense
Aldo - no power

I rewatched the Volk and Yair fight. Volk was trying to get inside while Yair tried to keep him at bay with kicks. The reason was that Yair doesn’t have hands or wresting to match Volk in the pocket. So I though this fight would be the opposite that Ilia was going to be the one trying to close distance. With his wrestling, youth, boxing and KO power, I knew that he would do it because Max has never faced anyone like him.

So if Topuria fights Max, it would be same results. He’s just that combos of boxing + power+ wrestling that’s a nightmare for Max. And once he gets inside, it will be lights out for Holloway.
Mendes no boxing and Aldo no power?

Ok, dude. Hahaha.

How many one punch KO Aldo has in his UFC career? It’s zero.
That Jeremy Stephens body shot KO was something to behold though

Also the UFC decided that Max stayed in the UFC long enough and now he's gonna get the electric chair treatment

Prime Max had the tools to drown Ilia. Max is no longer in his prime. It would be a close fight. Max's kick boxing is underrated around here and if he used his leg and body kicks at range, and worked Ilia to the body, he could definitely take the fight in the later rounds as Ilia has shown to have a tank that fades as the fight progresses. Max also had the TDD and cage awareness to avoid being stalled by the grappling for significant parts of the fight, so it'll eventually make it back to the feet.

The real question is if Max can leverage his frame and dictate distance despite the equal reach to keep Ilia's pressure at bay when he begins to work his way in to throw on the inside and if Max can stay off the cage. Then you also have to factor in whether or not Max's chin will be compromised even further going up and having a war with Gaethje, then cutting back down to Featherweight to take this fight. I would slightly favor Ilia simply for the speed advantage and the power, but if Max's chin can absorb some shots early, I think he could pick apart Ilia like he did Allen and then pour it on inside late. 60/40 Topuria.

In the meantime is Ilia going to turn away all contenders and cherry pick like he's been stating in the media? By the time this fight could feasibly take place so much could change.

That Jeremy Stephens body shot KO was something to behold though

Also the UFC decided that Max stayed in the UFC long enough and now he's gonna get the electric chair treatment
That was a TKO after Stephens went to the ground.

This is actually the fight I want to see more than any other right now.

Topuria trying to get inside on Holloway who has legendary cardio, chin and volume.

They really need to pull Max from the Gaethje fight. Let Gaethje fight someone else. Max vs Topuria needs to be next

If we had a prime Max Holloway chin it would be an absolute war.

I dont want to hear about how since Topuria best Volk that he would run through Max too. Styles make fights, and Volk has never had to deal with a guy who can land the quicker punches inside like that aside from Aldo and he just held him against a fence for 3 rounds, and Mendes, who guess what dropped him. Max likes to operate with space just like Volk does, only if he has to get down he can eat a shot.

After 2 title defences they are suddenly the GOAT, I don't know another sport like it.
MMA is the worst but there are a lot of people that think Mahomes has passed Brady as GOAT now, even though he only has 3 rings and Brady has 7. I don't even follow NFL anymore but it's infuriating

Holloways frame will present some problems for Ilia, but yea, ultimately I think Topuria will get the finish. TKO or submission.

With all due respect to Holloway (he's one of my favorite fighter of all time) this wouldn't end well with him. They have both a very similar style but Topuria is actually faster and hit much harder.

If they fought I could see it being the first time that Max hit the canvas. I would still watch though but I think Topuria is basically v2.0 of Max.

I think Prime Max has a good shot, I see current Max getting KO’d

Back