Toronto Rebukes Retiree after He Built Stairs for City Park on His Own

It does round and blue. Both to varying degrees of success.

Does this mean it is not always round and blue ?

Is that thing just randomly on the side of the highway it doesnt even appear to be in a park or somewhere youd find such a thing

They can use the money they saved.
That would get sucked up by lawyers and hospital bills on a single person; hell, it wouldn't even pay for a single major surgery at this point. Furthermore, each and every ruling against the city/government is an unfavorable precedent.

Their estimate was ridiculous, but you can't just wish away these realities.

Does this mean it is not always round and blue ?

Is that thing just randomly on the side of the highway it doesnt even appear to be in a park or somewhere youd find such a thing
Sometimes in the winter it's more white than blue, and in the summer it might expand and become a bit more oval. Or something...

The half a million dollar blue pos decorates an overpass. Its ridiculous. I was hoping Blue Circle Insurance would sue to have it removed and scrapped, but no luck.

The half a million dollar blue pos decorates an overpass. Its ridiculous. I was hoping Blue Circle Insurance would sue to have it removed and scrapped, but no luck.

Dont you all have pick up trucks up there ? form a posse and tear it down. Say if you are going to waste my money dont stick it in my face

Dont you all have pick up trucks up there ? form a posse and tear it down. Say if you are going to waste my money dont stick it in my face
It's easier just to bitch about it on Sherdog. o_O

It stirred up some shit, and even our mayor dissed it, so I doubt the committees that be will approve such a dumb thing again. Or so I hope.

I work in construction and the level of government waste pisses me off; the waste I see built into contracts from design through to construction.

The first issue is design- the design they choose is typically always the most cost intensive to build. They one with the biggest wow factor always gets chosen; because of course it is not their money. Typically created by some architect who has severely under-estimated the total build cost; and wouldn’t know how to hang a door in a door frame let alone cost billion dollar projects.

Complex design issues immediately builds risk into contracts- and people price that risk into their pricing. So you end up with buildings that look great for a politician to cut a tape in front of; but are often not functional, large enough, or designed intelligently with growth or expansion or even maintenance in mind for the future.

And don’t even get me started on the tendering process. They have made the red tape so convoluted that it is impossible for small to medium sized businesses to even consider the quoting process. There are things built into the standard tendering compliance that bear no relationship with the individual projects we are tendering.

No wonder houses start at a million around here given that stairs start at 65k.

All this time, Canada must be the secret manufacturer for all the outrageously-overpriced shit procured by the Pentagon!

Government contracting work without receiving a kickback?

They'd put the stair guy in jail before they allowed that

I'm guessing Toronto is the California of Canada

Nah, every public park in California have stairs for people with functional legs and wheelchair-accessible for disabled people without. Can't risk being sued by "advocate groups" for discrimination and exclusion, you know?

There are vulture law firms who specializing in sending their agents around far and wide just to look for building code violations against the disables, and then file lawsuits in the name of some schmucks who agreed to lend them their names for a cut of the settlement payouts.

God forbid someone demonstrates how the government rips off the taxpayers.

Back