Total War: Warhammer 2 comes out tomorrow (also; play TW:WH with me)

I'll take that as a ringing endorsement then! I'll have to sort out what current mods I have and what don't first. Might start a Khalida SFO mod ME campaign then. Thanks.

You can stack most mods together, and many of the more popular mods have their own compatibility mods to go along with SFO.

Depending on what mods you use, the game will usually only let you launch it with around 65-70 mods.

I basically mod the game specifically for the faction I'm playing.

I highly recommend the Kraka Drak mod, which has its own SFO compatibility. Completely new and original dwarf faction that lives in the chaos wastes.

Khalida is the best pure fighter of the lot of new lords for sure. She only gets one epic item, but it's AMAZING.

The battle to earn it is a lot of fun too.

Her talents make her a great fighter and gives lots of bonuses for archers.

I think one of the skills gives 25% more ammo for the entire faction.

Oh yeah. Those archer buffs have me salivating at the thought of playing as her. The Skeleton archers already put in work and are a solid unit even later into the game until you can start fielding 4 or 5 Great Bow Ushabti units in your doom stack. Everyone gets poison, too?

<{anton}>

Oh yeah. Those archer buffs have me salivating at the thought of playing as her. The Skeleton archers already put in work and are a solid unit even later into the game until you can start fielding 4 or 5 Great Bow Ushabti units in your doom stack. Everyone gets poison, too?

<{anton}>

Her entire army gets poison, not the faction.

Makes sense because that'd be too overpowered. What difficulty do you recommend for SFO? I play on Hard or Very Hard usually. I don't mess with Legendary at all.

Still VH/VH.

You can kick it back to VH/H to get adjusted.

VH just gives the AI a bit of a bonus in combat.

I haven't gotten tomb kings dlc yet. I remember them in tabletop as being a light-armor/mobility nation with cool shock units. How do they compare in TW?

ogres and chaos dwarfs when[/quote]

I haven't gotten tomb kings dlc yet. I remember them in tabletop as being a light-armor/mobility nation with cool shock units. How do they compare in TW?

ogres and chaos dwarfs when
[/QUOTE]

Rumor is Ogres and Chaos Dwarves are going to be WH3.

Tomb Kings play like a zerg. They start a bit slow, but snowball out of control. Their units have 0 upkeep and cost 0 to recruit, you're just limited in quantity you can recruit by the unit buildings. The number of armies they can recruit is also limited by tech.

But as you unlock more army slots you can recruit full stacks for free and steamroll everyone. They also get a pretty cool crafting system, tons of special regiments, and access to powerful generals and banners unlocked through tech.

If you want a non-standard Dwarf experience get the Kraka Drak mod.

Rumor is Ogres and Chaos Dwarves are going to be WH3.

Tomb Kings play like a zerg. They start a bit slow, but snowball out of control. Their units have 0 upkeep and cost 0 to recruit, you're just limited in quantity you can recruit by the unit buildings. The number of armies they can recruit is also limited by tech.

But as you unlock more army slots you can recruit full stacks for free and steamroll everyone. They also get a pretty cool crafting system, tons of special regiments, and access to powerful generals and banners unlocked through tech.

If you want a non-standard Dwarf experience get the Kraka Drak mod.
I was talking more tactics than economy.

Their economy plays into their tactics!

You never don't have a full army, you refill your loses very quickly. Even in enemy territory you can recruit basic skeletons in one turn to refill your ranks.

They do have very strong shock options along with fodder skeletons.

They play similar to Vampire Counts, but they have access to ranged units. Their late game constructs Warsphinx, Necrosphinx, Necrotitans are incredibly powerful.

From multiplayer, it seems like a lot of people build a monster-mash sort of army. Similar to Lizardmen.

You have expensive lord on mount, sphinxs, hierotitan, and then Ushabti, and then skeleton chaff.

This is coming from a noobs perspective though - but I'd say they play like a mix of VC and Lizardmen.

Their economy plays into their tactics!

You never don't have a full army, you refill your loses very quickly.

They do have very strong shock options along with fodder skeletons.

They play similar to Vampire Counts, but they have access to ranged units. Their late game constructs Warsphinx, Necrosphinx, Necrotitans, are incredibly powerful.
From multiplayer, it seems like a lot of people build a monster-mash sort of army. Similar to Lizardmen.

You have expensive lord on mount, sphinxs, hierotitan, and then Ushabti, and then skeleton chaff.

This is coming from a noobs perspective though - but I'd say they play like a mix of VC and Lizardmen.
I'll have to get into multiplayer after I get over my current pubg kick. I played ladder in MTW1 and then fell out of the series for a while.

I'm not sure I'm sold on that playstyle though. A lot of TW armylists do seem to be pretty monstermashy, as you put it, compared to how I remember them being played in tabletop.

Anyone playing? So far I've been impressed by the quality of everything. I started as Settra in a Vortex campaign and am having a lot of fun. Money's scarce so it's taking a bit longer to get elite units than I anticipated. Chariots wreck but need a lot of micro. I was racking up 150~200 kills per chariot unit. This weekend is going to be a total binge of Tomb Kings.
I did download the Tomb Kings but I was mainly started a new game of playing Queek going against the Tomb Kings instead of actually playing as a Tomb King. Good thing is the Kings are fighting each other rather than confederating. Otherwise, it would have serious imbalance.

i just installed this son of a bitch boys, what should i expect?

i just installed this son of a bitch boys, what should i expect?

How new are you to Total War? High Elves and Lizardmen are the easiest starting factions followed by Dark Elves and then Skaven as the "hardest" to come to grips with. Lizardmen get some awesome dinos that wreck everything and have arguably the strongest lord in Kroq-gar. High Elves are more arrow domination and watching your enemy melt as they approach you. Dark Elves are a little tough at first but their economy mechanic is unique and lets you snowball very hard in the mid to late game. Skaven are a lot of fun...great artillery, really creative units and some fun mechanics (spreading a plague on a city) or somewhat frustrating or a little tricky ones like the food mechanic.

Play a vanilla campaign for 50 to 100 turns until you get used to the mechanics and battles if you're new to the series and then go to town with mods. The modding community is awesome and really passionate about the game.

If you don't own the first one, I'd suggest picking that up right away because it's on sale at Humble Bundle for 66% off right now I believe. DLC in order of importance: Tomb Kings is a must and quite possibly the best DLC work CA has ever done. If you own/will buy Warhammer 1: Wood Elves, Norsca (but wait until May to buy because they haven't been added to Mortal Empires due to programming and tech problems), Bretonnia (free!), Beastmen, Chaos and then whatever lord pack sounds interesting with The King and The Warlord being the best of the lord packs imo.

How new are you to Total War? High Elves and Lizardmen are the easiest starting factions followed by Dark Elves and then Skaven as the "hardest" to come to grips with. Lizardmen get some awesome dinos that wreck everything and have arguably the strongest lord in Kroq-gar. High Elves are more arrow domination and watching your enemy melt as they approach you. Dark Elves are a little tough at first but their economy mechanic is unique and lets you snowball very hard in the mid to late game. Skaven are a lot of fun...great artillery, really creative units and some fun mechanics (spreading a plague on a city) or somewhat frustrating or a little tricky ones like the food mechanic.

Play a vanilla campaign for 50 to 100 turns until you get used to the mechanics and battles if you're new to the series and then go to town with mods. The modding community is awesome and really passionate about the game.

If you don't own the first one, I'd suggest picking that up right away because it's on sale at Humble Bundle for 66% off right now I believe. DLC in order of importance: Tomb Kings is a must and quite possibly the best DLC work CA has ever done. If you own/will buy Warhammer 1: Wood Elves, Norsca (but wait until May to buy because they haven't been added to Mortal Empires due to programming and tech problems), Bretonnia (free!), Beastmen, Chaos and then whatever lord pack sounds interesting with The King and The Warlord being the best of the lord packs imo.

No i have the first one, you should know im a huge warhammer fangirl. i got it and have been dying to try the new one, i usually play empire, but i want to master brettonia. They seem kinda of hard though

No i have the first one, you should know im a huge warhammer fangirl. i got it and have been dying to try the new one, i usually play empire, but i want to master brettonia. They seem kinda of hard though

Bretonnia is a lot of fun. Their infantry sucks, well the Fay Enchantress has some nice buffs for the pilgrims and foot squires, but once you get Questing Knights and start fielding full cav squads, battles are immensely enjoyable. Bretonnia just got some updates to their tech trees and other tweaks with the Tomb Kings patch so now it's a great time to play them. I played with Louen Leoncoeur as my faction leader and he's such a beast in battle. I got cornered in the early game by two Skaeling stacks and everyone but Louen died. He would not break at all. I think he had 400 kills alone. When you confederate Alberic, park him in Marienburg and watch the money flow.

I appreciate the SFO endorsement, @Rational Poster. Having a lot of fun with it and it's not too difficult. I like some of the little event pop-ups and I almost got Khalida wounded because I was fighting a siege battle and beelined her towards the Vampire Hero and it really showed me how strong the lords and heroes are in this mod. Total pyrrhic victory in the end. I'm reallly digging the longer battles and Khalida's unique quest battle with this mod was absolutely epic.

Bretonnia is a lot of fun. Their infantry sucks, well the Fay Enchantress has some nice buffs for the pilgrims and foot squires, but once you get Questing Knights and start fielding full cav squads, battles are immensely enjoyable. Bretonnia just got some updates to their tech trees and other tweaks with the Tomb Kings patch so now it's a great time to play them. I played with Louen Leoncoeur as my faction leader and he's such a beast in battle. I got cornered in the early game by two Skaeling stacks and everyone but Louen died. He would not break at all. I think he had 400 kills alone. When you confederate Alberic, park him in Marienburg and watch the money flow.

I appreciate the SFO endorsement, @Rational Poster. Having a lot of fun with it and it's not too difficult. I like some of the little event pop-ups and I almost got Khalida wounded because I was fighting a siege battle and beelined her towards the Vampire Hero and it really showed me how strong the lords and heroes are in this mod. Total pyrrhic victory in the end. I'm reallly digging the longer battles and Khalida's unique quest battle with this mod was absolutely epic.

If you want to take it up a notch, you can also add LBO II for SFO II.

It's more changes to battles to make them last longer basically, while keep the SFO II design of units with tons of HP and a slew of other tweaks.

If you want over the weekend I can show you my current mod collection I have setup for playing Tomb Kings Vortex campaigns.

If you want to take it up a notch, you can also add LBO II for SFO II.

It's more changes to battles to make them last longer basically, while keep the SFO II design of units with tons of HP and a slew of other tweaks.

If you want over the weekend I can show you my current mod collection I have setup for playing Tomb Kings Vortex campaigns.

Sounds good. I'll look into that LBO II for my next campaign. I still haven't really played Empire and want to do a grand ME campaign all tricked out with mods. Definitely going to add the enhanced gun and artillery smoke and fire mod.

Edit: Just saw the Thrones of Britannia info dump and it sounds really exciting. Lots of different and new mechanics for a historical title. Will pre-order.

Sounds good. I'll look into that LBO II for my next campaign. I still haven't really played Empire and want to do a grand ME campaign all tricked out with mods. Definitely going to add the enhanced gun and artillery smoke and fire mod.

Edit: Just saw the Thrones of Britannia info dump and it sounds really exciting. Lots of different and new mechanics for a historical title. Will pre-order.

I really enjoy the ME campaign, the turn times just start getting to me after a while so I've been playing the Vortex campaign for a bit.

There are some incredible mods for the Empire, though. Regional uniforms from the different Empire provinces, tons of new Knight chapters, different steam tank designs, unique settlement buildings for specific settlements, and more campaign mechanics to make their campaigns more flavorful. All with their own LBO/SFO compatibility where necessary.

Easily the most fleshed out faction with mods.

Back