Traditional Women's Role: Work Full Time and Be Buff

luckyshot

Nazi Punks Fuck Off
Platinum Member
Reaction score
University of Cambridge archaeological excavations analyzed the strength of 89 shinbones and 78 upper arm bones from women who lived in Europe about 7,500 years ago up until the Medieval age. Then they compared those bones to those of young women in Cambridge, U.K., today, including athletes from various sports.Their findings were somewhat startling:

On average, their humerus bones — the upper arm bone — were about 16 percent stronger than elite rowers today, who work their arms intensely for 18 to 20 hours each week.

This finding seems to blow up the popular perception that ancient women were relegated to domestic work around the home and child rearing.

The study's conclusions:
  • Women's manual labor was a driving force behind the agricultural revolution
  • Since ancient times women have balanced a full time workload with child rearing duties. The "working mom" is not a modern phenomenon.

Let's hear it for the real women out there, not these do nothing beaches.
maxresdefault.jpg

Nothing in this thread for me to rage about... I'm out

There is no natural role for women. Historical evidence from various societies and cultures demonstrates that women have been farmers, hunters, warriors, artisans, teachers, political and economic administrators since the beginning of the species.

There is no natural role for women. Historical evidence from various societies and cultures demonstrates that women have been farmers, hunters, warriors, artisans, teachers, political and economic administrators since the beginning of the species.

Not according to religions, i mean you will not win this argument. just go in circles. i just ignore

How far back are we going to establish "traditional" conventions? I would say as technology and innovation developed, everyone's physical excursion decreased, this compounded as the economy shift from more self confined agricultural setups to a mercantile / goods and services system.

But hey, if a woman wants to feel extra empowered I have no qualms if they want to beat laundry against rocks and carry buckets of water 5km every day while they also go out and earn a buck.

Not according to religions, i mean you will not win this argument. just go in circles. i just ignore

According to what religions? Abrahamic ones? Be specific.

My mom is strong AF and all she did was house chores, grocery and carry me around as a kid. Those groceries are heavy AF. She'd walk half a mile to a mile to buy grocery and that's not including all the walking and shopping.

I really took her work for granted. She used to carry me for hours. Now I see my GF who can't even carry a baby for more than a minute and I'm like..<{CMPALM}>

I think modern females even the athletic ones are doing much less work than ancient women. They were probably farmers too. Farmers are really hard work. We don't know who those ancient female bones belong to. Can't be no duchess or princess. So they must be farmers and housewives who haul ass everyday. No cars or carriages, so they probably have to walk miles to the grocery market while carrying their kid and groceries.

I'd like to see a modern female do that. For sure the "traditional" women weren't sitting in an AC office for hours.

Can do without the disgusting Ronda pic. That chick is gross.

yeah those ones which got like 4.5 billion followers and growing.

Lol popularity = truth to you. I'm sorry to hear that.

Anyways, Abrahamic religions have only been part of humanity for 6k years TOPS and aren't a completely global phenomenon (theres a variety of other religions out there). Humanity is well over 200,000 years old. Abrahamic religions put women in a passive role in order to elevate the power of the Patriarch, who was/is considered the prime representative of God (complete bullshit).

Does dominating and controlling women make you feel good about yourself?

So back then bitches could carry their own bags and open their own doors?

They should measure Alex Jones's wifes biceps. She had an ad on a prostitution website offering hotel massages. She has probably jerked off thousands of D's. She could crush a lump of coal and make a diamond.
Jones should be happy Trump is bringing coal back.

Saw this yesterday, it's certainly a nice bit of insight into times before ours.

My mom is strong AF and all she did was house chores, grocery and carry me around as a kid. Those groceries are heavy AF. She'd walk half a mile to a mile to buy grocery and that's not including all the walking and shopping.

I really took her work for granted. She used to carry me for hours. Now I see my GF who can't even carry a baby for more than a minute and I'm like..<{CMPALM}>

I think modern females even the athletic ones are doing much less work than ancient women. They were probably farmers too. Farmers are really hard work. We don't know who those ancient female bones belong to. Can't be no duchess or princess. So they must be farmers
Yes. These were medieval and pre-medieval specimens from agricultural sites. So no, not a whole lot of duchesses, and any "princesses," such as there were, were probably right out in their fields with everyone else.

I'd like to see a modern female do that. For sure the "traditional" women weren't sitting in an AC office for hours.
Right... but... nobody, male or female, in pre-modern times was sitting in an office...

It comes as no surprise, life was very harsh for the vast majority of humans who lived before us. We are only interested in the few %, the kings, the soldiers, the thinkers and not the peasants plowing the fields 14 hours a day. The "luxury" of gender roles was something for the elites.

<{fry}>

University of Cambridge archaeological excavations analyzed the strength of 89 shinbones and 78 upper arm bones from women who lived in Europe about 7,500 years ago up until the Medieval age. Then they compared those bones to those of young women in Cambridge, U.K., today, including athletes from various sports.Their findings were somewhat startling:

This finding seems to blow up the popular perception that ancient women were relegated to domestic work around the home and child rearing.

The study's conclusions:
  • Women's manual labor was a driving force behind the agricultural revolution
  • Since ancient times women have balanced a full time workload with child rearing duties. The "working mom" is not a modern phenomenon.

Let's hear it for the real women out there, not these do nothing beaches.
maxresdefault.jpg

TS, the average man back then was also quite impressive by today's standards, and of course much stronger than the average woman back then.

Back