Trail Running Shoes

m-tech

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I want to get some new running shoes. But what type should I get?

My running is on an off road trail, but the trail starts about 1/2 a mile from home, which means the first and last parts of the run are on the road.

The furthest I will run is about 5 miles, so should i get trail running shoes for the main part of the run, or will the soles wear out too quickly because of running on the road?

Thanks for your help.

I would go with trail runners. It's doubtful that they will wear too much faster than regular road running shoes.

I would go with trail runners as well. But what kind depends on your feet.

I'm gonna disagree. Trail runners wear out fast on concrete and it's pretty rare that a regular road shoe can't handle a running trail. Options of trail shoes are limited too in regards to stability and motion control models.

The EVA midsole will break down before you wear out the tread...wich is roughly the 400-500 mile mark.

I have a pair of Teva XC1 Trail runners and love those damn things. Ultralight as well and dry super fast. I also have a pair of new Balance 809 which are good and have a nice boxy toe.

I wouldn't sweat the tread. Just keep track of the miles you put on your running shoes and when they hit the 400 mile mark retire them as walkabout shoes.

I want to get some new running shoes. But what type should I get?

My running is on an off road trail, but the trail starts about 1/2 a mile from home, which means the first and last parts of the run are on the road.

The furthest I will run is about 5 miles, so should i get trail running shoes for the main part of the run, or will the soles wear out too quickly because of running on the road?

Thanks for your help.

I like Dunham and Merrell

great shoes, light, and durable

I have some Montrails that I use for trail running and light hiking. They are awesome too me, feel great on my feet and almost no break-in period either. However, your feet may be different then mine. Go to a store and try a bunch on..it's worth it.

chameleon_wrapxcr_greyred.jpg

best shoes on earth

Thanks Chaps, Trail Runners it is.

Will try a few on before I buy.

Nice shoes Younggunz, but too pricey for me thay cost

Trail running with road compatability is rare . Brooks adrenaline 14 acr

Dunno what brands you get where you live but asics have been my favouite for years every since getting my first pair.

Would recommend going into a shop and trying them out cos they have different soles depending on your foot.

For me personally asics trabuco. Use them for trial walking/jogging, regular walking around and games like DDR and Pump It Up :p

You dont really have to have trail runner shoes. If you just watch where your feet land you should be good without them. The problem is that looking straight down at the ground kinda defeats the purpose. Might as well be in a padded cell with a treadmill. Enjoy the view and get you some mud cleats.

Brooks cascadias are the shit. I've used them on several 50 mile trail races. When I finally get around to doing a 100 miler they are what I'll use.

You dont really have to have trail runner shoes. If you just watch where your feet land you should be good without them. The problem is that looking straight down at the ground kinda defeats the purpose. Might as well be in a padded cell with a treadmill. Enjoy the view and get you some mud cleats.

You don't have a fucking clue what you are talking about. Shut your trap and quit giving shit advice.

Dunno what brands you get where you live but asics have been my favouite for years every since get
Dunno what brands you get where you live but asics have been my favouite for years every since getting my first pair.

Would recommend going into a shop and trying them out cos they have different soles depending on your foot.

For me personally asics trabuco. Use them for trial walking/jogging, regular walking around and games like DDR and Pump It Up :p

ting my first pair.

once i got my first pair of asics i never got different running shoe. Best Trail runners ever in my opinion. Im using the asics FujiTrabuco 5 gtx. plan to run a race in those in a month. Asics 1000 5 GTX i recommemd for TS. were not too agressive thread so were good on trails and road. FujiTrabuco 5 gtx too agressive for road and traction slightly slippery when i try running on road

Back