J.J. Abrams' WWII Supernatural Horror OVERLORD

Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Trailer for Producer J.J. Abrams' "Bat-Shit Crazy" WWII Supernatural Horror OVERLORD

On the eve of D-day, US paratroopers drop behind enemy lines, to infiltrate a small village. Unfortunately, they realize the Nazis are experimenting with supernatural forces to fight them. Opens November 9, 2018.

Is this still a sequel to cloverfield? Or did they just remove the connection at the end?

Which movie did he copy for this plot?

Was hoping for Return To Castle Wolfenstein, got Evil Dead
Meh, no thank you

Trailer for Producer J.J. Abrams' "Bat-Shit Crazy" WWII Supernatural Horror OVERLORD

On the eve of D-day, US paratroopers drop behind enemy lines, to infiltrate a small village. Unfortunately, they realize the Nazis are experimenting with supernatural forces to fight them. Opens November 9, 2018.

Looks good. But I thought US Army in WWII was still heavily segregated. Did they allow black soldiers to serve in Airborne units?

It was supposed to be at one point right? or is that a different movie?

This looks like it should have gone straight to netflix. May watch for Fitz.

It's all a giant mess with a lot of back and forward but currently as we speak they shouldn't be connected what so ever but in before they put some shit at the end to 'surprise' us.

Even that last movie (they released on Netflix after Superbowl) when they were making it they had no plans to make it in that same franchise/universe but they put shit in to tie it all together but of course it is messy.

They said they will have a separate Cloverfield movie that will continue the first and Cloverfield Lane sometimes next year.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. They can write cloverfield on a paperbag and I'll pay to watch it in IMAX.

so basically a live action version of Heavy Metal

I'm interested.

Where did they say this has anything to do with the Cloverfield universe? Or is it just because JJ Abrams?

Jewish producer, Evil Germans, ethnic minority hero(in an unlikeliest setting as they were mostly segregated)? Noice.

Also, whenever I hear Hells Bells, all I could think about is Supernatural. It's almost pavlovian.

Could be cool.

Thought the trailer was terrible though. Using a 1980 song is getting pretty cliche and having it cut in and out like that just made it worse. Not a lot of suspense in wondering what the vials do or who killed everyone either when they show it.

Nazi werewolves > Nazi zombies

Will watch though.

Really terrible song choice. Completely ruined the atmosphere of the trailer

Will they be able to transport Hydralisks and Zerglings and be able to detect invisible people.

Back