Train carrying GOP congress members hits a truck. Injuries reported

zebby23

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
A train carrying members of Congress to their legislative retreat in West Virginia, hit a truck Wednesday, multiple sources told CNN.

One GOP source was unsure how many members of Congress were on the train or how many people were injured, but said there were injuries.

That source said members "hit the deck."

Republican members of Congress were on their way for a retreat at The Greenbrier in White Sulphur Springs, West Virginia starting Wednesday and ending Friday. Vice President Mike Pence is scheduled to speak to members later Wednesday and President Donald Trump is scheduled to address the event tomorrow.

The train left from Union Station in Washington earlier Wednesday.

https://www.wptv.com/news/national/train-carrying-members-of-congress-hits-a-truck

Not much else on this at the moment...

Sounds pretty bad. Hope the driver of the truck and the congress members end up being ok with non-life threatening injuries.

Speaker Ryan was on the train but is apparently ok

This is what happens when you let jesus take the wheel.

Take notes evangelicals.

nb4 (insert pathetic humor-FAIL comments here)

Well wouldn't this be interesting if the driver was an illegal...

Haven't read the news but I am 98% certain the Congress members are going to be ok. Usually trains hitting vehicles don't cause serious injuries for people onboard the train.

Sounds pretty bad. Hope the driver of the truck and the congress members end up being ok with non-life threatening injuries.

You having the most respectable comment in a thread ripe with bait was actually heartwarming

Rest of the posters should be ashamed

Hope everyone is ok, driver too, and that it was an accident and not some psycho on an attempt believing he could derail a train with them on board. Trump’s state of the union speech wasn’t batshit crazy, we could use some actually unity to keep flowing in a better direction than we have been lately. Some crazy media fest like that would put us back in the gutter quick

It was a garbage truck, The train is stopped at a crossing with signal lights but the truck had to be hit before that.
180131121551-04-gop-train-crash-0131-large-tease.jpg

Last edited:
Truck, I am disappoint in your berformance.

You having the most respectable comment in a thread ripe with bait was actually heartwarming

Rest of the posters should be ashamed

Hope everyone is ok, driver too, and that it was an accident and not some psycho on an attempt believing he could derail a train with them on board. Trump’s state of the union speech wasn’t batshit crazy, we could use some actually unity to keep flowing in a better direction than we have been lately. Some crazy media fest like that would put us back in the gutter quick

I agree with this post. I'm making a pledge that I will refrain from making snide comments and will refrain from responding to them. All posts will be respectful and factual.

A truck filled with garbage hit a train filled with politicians? Don't tell me the Gods don't have a sense of humour...

Haven't read the news but I am 98% certain the Congress members are going to be ok. Usually trains hitting vehicles don't cause serious injuries for people onboard the train.

That's true most the time, but the wreck can sometimes cause the train to derail and then all bets are off.

Back