Trainer Pleads With Horn To Forget Crawford, Fight Mundine

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Hall of Famer Johnny Lewis, who is regarded as Australia's most successful boxing trainer is practically pleading with WBO welterweight champion Jeff Horn to forget about a mandatory fight with Terence Crawford next April in Las Vegas.

Lewis, who guided Jeff Fenech , Kostya Tszyu and many others to multiple world championships, would rather see Horn move up to junior middleweight to take on Anthony Mundine in what would be a major fight in Australia.

Lewis believes Horn is struggling to make the weight limit of 147 and he doesn't want to see a "weight drained" version of the boxer enter the ring against Crawford.

horn-mundine.jpg

http://www.boxingscene.com/trainer-pleads-with-horn-forget-crawford-fight-mundine--123521

Hall of Famer Johnny Lewis, who is regarded as Australia's most successful boxing trainer is practically pleading with WBO welterweight champion Jeff Horn to forget about a mandatory fight with Terence Crawford next April in Las Vegas.

Lewis, who guided Jeff Fenech , Kostya Tszyu and many others to multiple world championships, would rather see Horn move up to junior middleweight to take on Anthony Mundine in what would be a major fight in Australia.

Lewis believes Horn is struggling to make the weight limit of 147 and he doesn't want to see a "weight drained" version of the boxer enter the ring against Crawford.

horn-mundine.jpg

http://www.boxingscene.com/trainer-pleads-with-horn-forget-crawford-fight-mundine--123521
Way to go that’s called not dying kids

OH MY GOD, CRAWFORD IS SO GOOD THAT HORN WILL LITERALLY DIE!

He should fight Sadam Ali for the belt.

I think Horn's got a decent chance

Over the hill washed up shell of Pacific
Crawford is a good fighter and would beat Horn but Fenech is making decisions based on money. He gets a slice of whatever Horn gets, so he simply wants Horn to take the easier fight with a bigger payday. He's not a-scurred to get his boy killed.

If he’s getting 2 mil for Mundine and 2.5 mil for Crawford as reported the Mundine fight is a no brainer.

Horn is a big WW, but nobody cares about Mundine. How about hire a professional nutritionist, fight Crawford, and if you lose go to 154 to fight Mundine.

Horn is a big WW, but nobody cares about Mundine. How about hire a professional nutritionist, fight Crawford, and if you lose go to 154 to fight Mundine.
the Aussies probably do still care about Mundine through and that's the market that's going to make Horn rich

the Aussies probably do still care about Mundine through and that's the market that's going to make Horn rich

Aussies don't give a shit about Mundine, the problem is they still enjoy seeing him get beaten up. I personally don't like Horn or Mundine.

Aussies don't give a shit about Mundine, the problem is they still enjoy seeing him get beaten up. I personally don't like Horn or Mundine.

That means they (we) do care about him though. You've got to hand it to him, he's made money out of the local PPV market (and quite a bit I believe), I can't think of anyone else who has managed to do that.

He should fight Sadam Ali for the belt.

I think Horn's got a decent chance

Fight Liam Smith in the UK, then fight Horn in Australia. That sounds like a good plan to me. Would bring up Ali's stock very high. He has the Smith fight in the bag, but I'd favor him against Horn too.

They should stick to their plan of having Crawford come to Australia. That was the plan all along right? Why they switch up last minute.
Yep.....Arum is the one changing shit, making the kid come to Las Vegas and basically sell Crawford to the masses in the States.

Yep.....Arum is the one changing shit, making the kid come to Las Vegas and basically sell Crawford to the masses in the States.

Same way he fucked over Pac to a opponent he didn't want and didn't need. Just so Arum could collect that check from the Queensland tourism board or whatever the fuck.

Pac-Khan didn't have to be in the UAE, it could have been done in the UK and would have done big money. British fans would love to watch Pacquiao live, and Khan is big too. Bigger than Horn for sure.

Hes trying to protect his new cash cow.

He knows Horn is getting stopped. Pac had him out of there if he still cared

Back