Training alongside roiders, bothers me

TS, you should only care about people doing roids if they are doing it in a competition that doesn't allow it. Some dude juicing and getting stronger than you really doesn't affect you in any way if you aren't competing against them.

I have a feeling that you might have the immature mindset that you're in competition with every man alive.

This is a pretty touchy subject on a strength forum like this. Always has been.

Performance-enhancing AAS use is surrounded by a lot of societal taboos, many of which are illogical. It is also the norm in strength & power sports. And there is a good amount of scientific ignorance, because it just hasn't been studied adequately. And there is a good amount of hypocrisy and/or wilful ignorance coming from all sides (both those for and those against).

AAS are not the devil and will not turn a cool, mindful person into a compete asshole overnight. They will probably have some effects on behaviour and mood, including some increase in aggression, though.

AAS use will not necessarily cause liver failure/kidney disease/heart failure/death. It will probably have some health side-effects, though (which may vary from individual to individual, and they will probably be more serious for higher doses, longer-term use, specific compounds, etc). Thinking that putting potent hormones into your blood stream in supra-physiological doses is "perfectly safe" is unreasonable; thinking that even sparse careful modest use is tantamount to "abusing steroids" is also unreasonable.

No, they won't "turn you into the hulk by eating Cheetos and shooting up". But they don't "just increase the amount of work you can do", either, ffs. Doing the same exact work and using AAS will get you better results (and if you use higher doses or more potent AAS you will get even better results). Using steroids will indeed increase your recovery rate and allow you to put in more work, but they can also allow you to get better results with less work.

Using AAS outside of competitive sports is a life choice. Is it cheating? Dunno... On the one hand you can get a better physique/performance with the same or less work. On the other hand you are assuming a certain cost (health risk, plus the extra financial cost, plus the hassle, etc). I guess it depends on how important you think physique/performance is in life; if it's important for you then an average person that uses can probably go further than an average person that doesn't.

In the end, life is not fair. But you are free to make your own choices. If you weigh your options and decide you are better off not using AAS that doesn't really mean that somebody else choosing differently is unethical.

Last edited:
Buy your own shit and workout at home. I did that years ago because I hate waiting on other people to get out of my way and most gyms play pop music. I love it. My basement is a full gym. I have it all to myself and it keeps me honest. My strength shot through the roof when I did it because I was less worried about what other people were doing and I focused on form instead of ego lifting.

It's also pretty nice to just walk downstairs when I'm ready to get a workout in. Zero commute and zero gym fees is also a plus. Of course, I also have several thousand dollars invested, however, I did the math and it has paid for itself already relative to what I would've paid in gym fees.

1-stop worrying about what other people are doing.
2-buy your own equipment and put your own gym together.

This is a pretty touchy subject on a strength forum like this. Always has been.

Performance-enhancing AAS use is surrounded by a lot of societal taboos, many of which are illogical. It is also the norm in strength & power sports. And there is a good amount of scientific ignorance, because it just hasn't been studied adequately. And there is a good amount of hypocrisy and/or wilful ignorance coming from all sides (both those for and those against).

AAS are not the devil and will not turn a cool, mindful person into a compete asshole overnight. They will probably have some effects on behaviour and mood, including some increase in aggression, though.

AAS use will not necessarily cause liver failure/kidney disease/heart failure/death. It will probably have some health side-effects, though (which may vary from individual to individual, and they will probably be more serious for higher doses, longer-term use, specific compounds, etc). Thinking that putting potent hormones into your blood stream in supra-physiological doses is "perfectly safe" is unreasonable; thinking that even sparse careful modest use is tantamount to "abusing steroids" is also unreasonable.

No, they won't "turn you into the hulk by eating Cheetos and shooting up". But they don't "just increase the amount of work you can do", either, ffs. Doing the same exact work and using AAS will get you better results (and if you use higher doses or more potent AAS you will get even better results). Using steroids will indeed increase your recovery rate and allow you to put in more work, but they can also allow you to get better results with less work.

Using AAS outside of competitive sports is a life choice. Is it cheating? Dunno... On the one hand you can get a better physique/performance with the same or less work. On the other hand you are assuming a certain cost (health risk, plus the extra financial cost, plus the hassle, etc). I guess it depends on how important you think physique/performance is important in life; if it's important for you then an average person that uses can probably go further than an average person that doesn't.

In the end, life is not fair. But you are free to make your own choices. If you weigh your options and decide you are better off not using AAS that doesn't really mean that somebody else choosing differently is unethical.

Excellent post:cool:

lol you thinks lifting weights with them is bad? trying wrestling or fighting with guys on roids

A lot of S&P OGs in this thread dropping knowledge.

Primarily cause, they out lift me with incredible ease, and the strut about like they are fucking superman, when we all know the ONLY reason they're putting up that weight is cause they're floating their liver on a mix of test and anavar.

It's just the egocentricity that goes along with that fire-hydrant look.

Get off the injectables mate - then let's see how tough you really are.

Am I alone here?

This dude was benching 190 kgs last night, compared to my 140, in addition to squatting 220 kgs, to my 175.

I'm as clean as your wifes poontang.

I don't like to be made inferior by cheaters.

This guy weighs 154. Just saying

This guy weighs 154. Just saying

I know I should be impressed but all I kept thinking was "What a wee little man he is !"

He's a manlet is what I'm saying. That automatically negates anything he ever accomplishes in this life.

<Fedor23>

6'4 master race signing out.

Steroid physique is a temporary solution to a permanent problem. If you want to feel inspired look at all those juice heads from your childhood and see what shells of their former selfs they look like now. You know of the ones still alive.

why do you care one way or the other TS? Just do your thing, the truth is most people don't give a shit about the person next to them in the gym, I know I don't give a shit unless of course it's a hot women, but that's purely for scientific reasons ;). That huge "roid dude" probably doesn't even know you exist.

I know I should be impressed but all I kept thinking was "What a wee little man he is !"

He's a manlet is what I'm saying. That automatically negates anything he ever accomplishes in this life.

<Fedor23>

6'4 master race signing out.

5'9 is a manlet?

I know 154 isnt big, but its kind of negated by the fact that he benches twice of what you do.

Steroid physique is a temporary solution to a permanent problem. If you want to feel inspired look at all those juice heads from your childhood and see what shells of their former selfs they look like now. You know of the ones still alive.

This is accurate af.

Hell, I had some douchbag old man come up to me and pick up the same dumbells that I was curling strict for higher volume and higher reps --one of the first times I have done this in my life. He then proceeds to do half range motion hammer curls with tons of leg momentum. Acts like bested me or something. I just give him a look. I'm not really a bodybuilder or powerlifter anyways

Hell, I had some douchbag old man come up to me and pick up the same dumbells that I was curling strict for higher volume and higher reps --one of the first times I have done this in my life. He then proceeds to do half range motion hammer curls with tons of leg momentum. Acts like bested me or something. I just give him a look. I'm not really a bodybuilder or powerlifter anyways
Wrong thread. Stories like these should be posted in the CSB thread.

Back