Training in Rawai, Phuket

invertcheguard

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Anyone trained at any of the two places below? Any other places I missed that are hard to find? Also any hidden gym trainers that can teach great technique in a private? As always, the tourist gyms are what I want to avoid.

Rawai

Sinbi muay thai - seems to have lots of active fighters, and have always seen the name at the stadium shows

Kaewphitak Muay Thai - seems to have a good group of thai fighters

Not in same area but later on i think will check out Singpatong Sitnumnoi and Sitsongpeenong phuket

Thanks

Isn't Sinbi a tourist gym (not that that is a bad thing necessarily)?

Anyone trained at any of the two places below? Any other places I missed that are hard to find? Also any hidden gym trainers that can teach great technique in a private? As always, the tourist gyms are what I want to avoid.

Rawai

Sinbi muay thai - seems to have lots of active fighters, and have always seen the name at the stadium shows

Kaewphitak Muay Thai - seems to have a good group of thai fighters

Not in same area but later on i think will check out Singpatong Sitnumnoi and Sitsongpeenong phuket

Thanks
kaewphitak looks pretty good it looks small but quality

Ive trained and fought for sing patong over 6 months i fucking love it there but its dominated by french people so sometimes u feel odd one out but quality training best in phuket surely and numnoi the owner of singpatong is big promoter in phuket and bangkok

i put a review up begginning of the year and now rafi bohic(singpatong) is lumpinee champion only 3rd foreigner ever

Training at Sinbi as we speak. Its great training - please ignore the "tourist gym" stuff - as it is a lot of BS.
As far as SInbi goes the training is hard and there is a lot of focus on technique. If your in Rawai this is the place to be. There is regular clinching and sparring and all the trainers point out how to improve when you are on the pads. There is westerners and people from other areas of Asia as well which will make you feel more comfortable.
if anybody in the area wants to do some training hit me up.

I think james mcsweeney is down at lions at the moment. Never hear a complaint about his teachings. Will definitely give you something different

Which trainer are you mainly training with or you bouncing around? Theres been some change up there lately and half the trainers I knew are gone and almost all the regular westerners that were fighting for Sinbi have moved to other gyms. You staying at the gym, the apartments or somewhere else? Hoping to be there next month but will probably split my time between there and Kaewphitaek.

I stayed at the gym for 1 week and I have now moved to the apartments as the gym room has been booked by another person - Apartments are far better anyway although staying at the gym is good for meeting people.

I was training with Rosi although he has now went away and is returning on the 30th of January - sessions with him were good, he is experienced and knows Muay Thai well.

Starting sessions with Run soon tomorrow. Will feedback my session.

I stayed at the gym for 1 week and I have now moved to the apartments as the gym room has been booked by another person - Apartments are far better anyway although staying at the gym is good for meeting people.

I was training with Rosi although he has now went away and is returning on the 30th of January - sessions with him were good, he is experienced and knows Muay Thai well.

Starting sessions with Run soon tomorrow. Will feedback my session.

Havent met Rosi yet. Run is a good trainer. Do you plan on fighting? If hes prepping you for a fight and you miss a training session Ive heard of him showing up at students door steps asking why you're not at training.

Havent met Rosi yet. Run is a good trainer. Do you plan on fighting? If hes prepping you for a fight and you miss a training session Ive heard of him showing up at students door steps asking why you're not at training.
I am not planning to fight for another 2 months as my defensive game still needs a lot of work. Run was not available at the times I needed so I am now training with Fadh. I have done one session and he is good at correcting a lot of my mistakes. We done pad work and sparring and a lot of work on my defensive moves. There were times training with him where I could feel something click in my muay thai game and see an instant improvement. We are training again tomorrow.

In Phuket the best academy with the best teachers and athletes and the Sitsongpeenong Phuket Muaythai

logo-on-black-footer-reviese.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back