Training with a torn bicep?

Kertol

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Hi everyone, about a month ago I had severe paid in my shoulder and bicep. Now that the pain went away my bicep curles up like a ball. I’m pretty sure it’s a torn bicep tendon.

Anyone experience this before? Would you recommend surgery? If not what are the natural healing option? I’m asking the sherdog community because I would still like to work out and train but not sure if this is smart. I seen some fighters fight with this injury in the past.

Any insight would be appreciated.

There is no natural healing. It’s not connected. You’ll have surgery assuming you’re self diagnosis is correct

I had a minor tear in mine that when I flex it's obvious, I didn't have any reduction in function or range of motion. Doctor basically said I could either go as it is or have it re-connected if it really bothered me but it wasn't imperative.

I'd still go see a doctor about it to determine the severity.

Oh and since this is Sherdog and you're asking for medical advice. It sounds like AIDS to me.

If it's torn the way that you say it is it sounds like it's completely separated from the bone. The only treatment is surgery or risk losing the bicep from blood loss. But really dude, see a doctor.

"Free medical advice is worth what you pay for it"

Hi everyone, about a month ago I had severe paid in my shoulder and bicep. Now that the pain went away my bicep curles up like a ball. I’m pretty sure it’s a torn bicep tendon.

Anyone experience this before? Would you recommend surgery? If not what are the natural healing option? I’m asking the sherdog community because I would still like to work out and train but not sure if this is smart. I seen some fighters fight with this injury in the past.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Sounds like you have Ambulatory Inbicep Dislodge Syndrome. It's pretty serious and you need a doctor to treat it.

My friend had the exact same thing! He had a torn bicep and just ignored it and continued to train. Couple weeks later his bicep dieded and he had to get it removed from his body via. emergency surgery. Now he has a metal/titanium ball in place of it instead. He can do all of the curls he wants but there is simply no increasing the size of that metal ball..

I had a minor tear in mine that when I flex it's obvious, I didn't have any reduction in function or range of motion. Doctor basically said I could either go as it is or have it re-connected if it really bothered me but it wasn't imperative.

I'd still go see a doctor about it to determine the severity.

Thanks for the advice

ive had a torn bicep tendon and it sucks worse pain of my life, not the injury the actual surgery afterwards

get an MRI to confirm, and surgery to repair, you wont be the same strength if u don't get it repaired

You do realize if you don't get that repair after a certain amount of time it's like that for life.

Back