Traveling to Japan for 3 Weeks in March 2018 - Advice Needed

Ed Banger

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
My GF and I will be traveling to Japan next March. For both of us it's the first time there and would love some advice from people that have first hand experience.

We want to fly into Tokyo and spend about 3-4 nights there, also see Kyoto for a few days but other than that, we are wide open for planning the trip.

We would like to make it a nice mix of urban & outdoor experience and try to avoid the main tourist hubs (apart from Tokyo + Kyoto) and get to know the real Japan, if possible. So if you know any must see or must avoid spots, please feel free to share. Oh yeah, we both like art and history - in case that helps with any recommendations.

Thanks..!

Make sure to visit one of those vending machines that sell used panties when you have some alone time

3 weeks is a nice amount of time in Japan. Depending on when in March, you may have a good chance of seeing some of the cherry blossoms, especially if your trip overlaps at least a week in April.

Advice? Bring myself and @Cint as your guides. You're welcome.

Let your GF join in on a Bukkake ceremony while you watch-

I lived in Okinawa for almost 3 years... no advice just wanted everyone to know

I grew up and lived there for about 10 years..and go back a few times a year, so here's a few suggestions. .
If cost is a concern, one of the most expensive things in Japan is transportation costs. If you're planning on hopping around to a lot of places then it may be good to get a Japan Rail pass. They have different passes with different prices and periods of use depending on what your travel plan is. You can use the pass to ride trains as many times as you want within the period the pass is valid for.

For places, I am more partial to the Kansai region, so would recommend spending a good chunk of time there. Tokyo is great, but it's pretty much by itself. It's not that close to other big sites. Since you're going with a lady though, Disneyland or Disney Sea may interest you. I liked to go to Disney Sea myself with the lady friends. A lot of couples do that.

In Kansai, there's Kyoto(tons of things to see there), Osaka (night life, food, proper city), Kobe(cool small city, good for couples, great night view on the harbor), Himeji(biggest castle in Japan), Wakayama(lot of shrines and temples..a famous waterfall and Mt Koyasan), Nara (old historical area, countryside, has a 'deer park' where you can feed deers that freely walk around.

If you go down to Hiroshima, there is of course some history there..and off the coast you can take a ferry to a small island called Miyajima. It has a famous shrine and big orange "gates" that you probably have seen in pictures.

I grew up and lived there for about 10 years..and go back a few times a year, so here's a few suggestions. .
If cost is a concern, one of the most expensive things in Japan is transportation costs. If you're planning on hopping around to a lot of places then it may be good to get a Japan Rail pass. They have different passes with different prices and periods of use depending on what your travel plan is. You can use the pass to ride trains as many times as you want within the period the pass is valid for.

For places, I am more partial to the Kansai region, so would recommend spending a good chunk of time there. Tokyo is great, but it's pretty much by itself. It's not that close to other big sites. Since you're going with a lady though, Disneyland or Disney Sea may interest you. I liked to go to Disney Sea myself with the lady friends. A lot of couples do that.

In Kansai, there's Kyoto(tons of things to see there), Osaka (night life, food, proper city), Kobe(cool small city, good for couples, great night view on the harbor), Himeji(biggest castle in Japan), Wakayama(lot of shrines and temples..a famous waterfall and Mt Koyasan), Nara (old historical area, countryside, has a 'deer park' where you can feed deers that freely walk around.

If you go down to Hiroshima, there is of course some history there..and off the coast you can take a ferry to a small island called Miyajima. It has a famous shrine and big orange "gates" that you probably have seen in pictures.

Thank you my man. Exactly what I was looking for... !

Learn some basic survival phrases, don't be one of those people and eat American food, try as much new food as you can.

If you're a fan of sci-fi/gaming, make sure you go to Akihabara (Electric town). Great toys/games/action figures/models etc. If you can, go at night for the "Blade Runner" effect.

Learn some basic survival phrases, don't be one of those people and eat American food, try as much new food as you can.

For sure... one of the reasons why I want to go there and stay away from the tourist hubs.

If you're a fan of sci-fi/gaming, make sure you go to Akihabara (Electric town). Great toys/games/action figures/models etc. If you can, go at night for the "Blade Runner" effect.

Looking it up right now... sounds like something I would wanna check out.

Advice? Bring myself and @Cint as your guides. You're welcome.

My bags are packed. :p @HelloJapan

13db30b470e86265ba861d1db4d59fa3.jpg

I go there often, besides all the usual tourist stuff you probably know. If your looking for more scenic areas go hike around mt Nokogiri, its a really cool area. Mt Takao is a good scenic day trip, dont miss Trick Eye Museum across the st from train station. If you go north, Mt Tengu and Mt Moiwa have nice views, you can take a rope way tram to top. Arashiyama is really pretty and hike up monkey mountain near bamboo forest, and while in area ride Segano scenic railway. The one must do thing I can suggest in Tokyo is do the mario carting through city, you have to get a drive permit ahead of time at any aaa for $20 but it was one of the funnest things ive done.

Hit the March sumo tournament in Osaka. Fucking awesome day out.

I’ve lived in or around Tokyo for the past ten years.

I’ll write some stuff tomorrow or send u a pm.

Back