Trials full fat and low carb diet log

trial

White Belt
Reaction score
Greetings brothers. I have a Strength and Conditioning log called:

Trial's journey. If fat could type this would be it.

I have been fat for a long time and am finally doing something about that sorry state.
My current workout routine is based on Starting Strength. It was a great suggestion from fellow sherdog members.

I have some experience with low carb diets and have followed several of the threads on this site and they have been very informative. My father had great success a decade ago on Atkins but has since regained the weight and developed Type II diabetes.

My goal is to hold myself to a higher standard and to post as often as possible my intake for the day. I was 200lbs ten years ago when I married my wife. I have been as large as 345lbs last year. Ridiculous.

As of today 09/20/2011 I am reading Sugar Busters and reviewing the Atkins Faq section on their website.

28 years old and 6'2" tall

01/01/2011 335lbs
04/24/2011 315lbs
09/20/2011 297lbs

Thank you for looking and hopefully accountability will help me make more significant progress towards 230-250 pounds.

Last edited:
09/20/2011 Weight 297lbs
5 hours of sleep

8am
2 cups of coffee
6 eggs scrambled
2 tbs of canola oil
1 tbs of butter
1/2 teaspoon of pepper
1 teaspoon of parmesan cheese
4 cups of water
2 fish oil
1 multi vitamin

1pm
4 cups of water
2 bratwurst
1/2 cup of saurkraut
1 tbs of mustard
3 cups of coffee

4pm
4 cups of water

7pm
2 tbs of canola oil
5 tbs of butter
6 eggs scrambled
1 teaspoon of pepper
3 tbs of parmesan cheese
4 cups of water

Total Calories 2,619

Fat 227g (79% of intake)
Protein 117g (18% of intake)
Carbs 18g (2.79% of intake)
Sugar 2g
Fiber 0g
Cholesteral 3,041mg
Sodium 3,563mg
16 cups or 1 gallon of water

I do feel satiated and did not crave food all day.

Thank you for looking.

U are going to be eating meat right? U need more protein bro

U are going to be eating meat right? U need more protein bro

Thanks for the interest. I saw you are doing a low carb diet as well. I am going to eat meat, the budget is tight and eggs are cheap. Will work on getting some more protein in the diet.

09/21/2011 293.6 (-3.4)
3.5 hours of sleep
I woke up and had 1/2 gallon of water to drink
3 more hours of sleep

1pm
2 cups of coffee
3 tbs canola oil
3 tbs butter
6 eggs scrambled
3 tbs Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon of pepper
2 cups of water

3pm
2 cups of water
2 scoops of ON 100% Gold whey Chocolate in
2 cups of water

5pm
2 cups of water
2 servings of Athletes Edge Preworkout supplement with 4grams of carbs
2 pieces of Extra Spearmint sugar free gum

5:30-6:26pm Workout
2 scoops of ON 100% Gold Whey Chocolate in
2 cups of water
45 min treadmill walking 1.6 miles afterward

8pm
1 baked Chicken leg quarter (Leg and thigh with skin)
1 teaspoon of Mrs. DASH Lemon Pepper spice
8 cups of water

Total Calories: 1,913

Fat 141g (64.45% of intake)
Protein 153g (31% of intake)
Carbs 22g (4.4% of intake)
Sugar 22g
Fiber 0g
Cholesterol 1,630mg
Sodium 1,200mg

24 cups of water or 1 1/2 gallons of water

I feel good.

I have done low carb diets before, hopefully this will work well. Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Yeah eggs are the cheap man's champ. I can happily eat eggs every day and be happy.
I lol'd at you waking up n drinking half a gallon of water, are u trying to get x amount of water a day? I would be pissing all night.

How's the weight since u started? Your diet looks good tho for a low-carb...how u finding it physically n emotionally? Feeling drained at all?

How's the weight since u started? Your diet looks good tho for a low-carb...how u finding it physically n emotionally? Feeling drained at all?

I have lost more than 10% of my bodyweight so far this year. I do feel a little tired at times, and other times more aggressive and intense. I am happy to feel a little drained in order to have better health and body composition at the end.

09/22/2011 289.8 (-3.8) A 7 year low!!!!!!!!!
Diet today almost identical to yesterdays.

Just a suggestion, I would drop the Canola oil. There are much better oils, with better O6:O3 ratios out there.

09/23/2011 287.2 (-2.6)

I couldn't find time to plug in the calculations of what calories i ate, just the food.

1pm
6 eggs scrambled
3 tbs of olive oil
2 tbs of butter
1 teaspooon of pepper
4 cups of coffee
4 cups of water
1 multi vitamin
2 fish oils

5pm
2 scoops of protein powder in 20oz of water
2 pieces of sugar free gum
2 cups of coffee
4 cups of water

7pm
Weight workout

8pm
1 chicken leg quarter (drumstick and thigh)
2 tbs of MRS Dash Caribean spices
4 cups of water

76min on treadmill

4 cups of water before bed

1 gallon of water consumed

I am starting to feel a little weaker as my calories drop. I have done a low carb diet at least once a year for a couple weeks at a time for 8-9 years. I don't get headaches but my wife says I get a little irriatable. O well I like losing weight, I sleep better and feel like I have more Test flowing through my body.

10/06/2011 284.6
I have not been keeping up my diet log as well as I would like. My training log is up to date.

Breakfast example
1 porkchop and 5 eggs

Lunch
Protein shake Two scoops

Dinner
Baked Chicken Quarter (leg and thigh)

Only 15-20 grams of carbs a day.

Looks good but man, I dont know how people can do this. Ive eaten low carb but i always make sure to eat a good amount of vegetables. If I eat nothing but meat and fat, my guts turn rotten.

If I eat nothing but meat and fat, my guts turn rotten.

I understand what you are saying. I hope its not "tmi" but eating less carbs I only have one bowel movement every two days and half of the time I have what I would call the "goose shits." I am not hungry for the most part and my cravings subside the more days in a row I'm on it. It is a small price to pay for weight loss. You might try cycling your carb intake. Less carbs if you arn't going to work out. Thanks for checking my diet log out.

Greetings All.

I have been neglecting my diet and workout log for some time. Between nursing school and work my weight has been slowly increasing again. I have challenged myself to eat low carb vegan for about 4 weeks.

03/04/2012 285.4
Sleep=9hrs
Morning Blood Sugar 85

03/05/2012 282.2 (-3.2)
Sleep=3hrs
am BS 105

03/06/2012 281.0 (-1.2)
Sleep=8hrs
am BS 96

Will hopefully be posting meal choices and calories. Also hoping to start exercising again. Thanks for viewing and have a great day

Last edited:
03/07/2012 278.8 (-2.2)
Sleep=4.5hrs
am BS 96

Meals consist mostly of baked or fried tofu, olive oil, Mrs Dash Seasonings, raw cucumbers, and greens. Black coffee and water.

Good suggestion. I used olive oil instead today! Omegas are important.

Unless you really pour on the olive oil you are not going to get enough just from oil. I would highly recommend ground golden flax. It's a carb which is more than 90% fiber which is loaded with omega and also is a powerful antioxidant.

Also why you go vegan? How does one even do a low carb vegan diet? lol - seems like an oxymoron.

I think you will have more success on low carb high fat.

Back