Tribe meets the White Devil (1970s)

• Thread starter Deleted member 391673
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 391673

came across this on youtube.

very cool. the initial encounter gave me the chills. what a feeling it must've been.
imagine just going out doing your regular thing and bumping into an alien... wild stuff.

it looks real to me but of course there are comments claiming it is a hoax. haven't researched into it yet though.

Last edited by a moderator:
t9v1n4.jpg

Just got through the first video, pretty fascinating. I'll continue with the others later. Thought the first guy could have done a better job with his body language, maybe offer some food first after showing it was ok after taking a bite of a piece. The camera seemed to be too foreign of a concept, so reaching for it seemed like a risk.
The lead tribesman touching the camera and main cameraman and making sure they're ok was very childlike, it also reminded me of bringing a Roomba or something around a cat where they probe it to make sure it's not a threat by pawing at it and studying it.
We'd not be much different if aliens just popped up in front of us.

t9v1n4.jpg

Just got through the first video, pretty fascinating. I'll continue with the others later. Thought the first guy could have done a better job with his body language, maybe offer some food first after showing it was ok after taking a bite of a piece. The camera seemed to be too foreign of a concept, so reaching for it seemed like a risk.
The lead tribesman touching the camera and main cameraman and making sure they're ok was very childlike, it also reminded me of bringing a Roomba or something around a cat where they probe it to make sure it's not a threat by pawing at it and studying it.
We'd not be much different if aliens just popped up in front of us.

I'm glad you enjoyed the video. And I agree that the first guy could have probably approached the situation better.

It also makes me wonder if this encounter was even ethical from a research perspective.

In a way, it is basically the Allegory of the Cave scenario where a persons Grand Delusion is shattered. The reality they considered to be real is replaced with a new perception.

Who is to say that a scientist/researcher should take on such an important responsibility? Is it right or wrong? It seems somewhat arrogant and short-sighted, especially since after a few weeks time they will leave.

Back